Conor Hourihane

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Maybe. I'd want payment in cash at the end of every day.

Just can't think of anyone who'd entertain them...but then again, there will always be one, so I suppose you're right.

Just look at chezzie and the current state they're in, yet apparently they had 3 "name" managers they could have appointed. Regardless of the current turmoil at florest, there will always be interest in the position.

Me, I'd want cash payments monthly in advance :milan:

Just now, mike312 said:

Barnsley don't need the money. Connor is a little more level headed than Winnall and he wants to play for his country, so a high profile club is what he needs. Rumours are his missus wants to move down south too.

12 miles south?

4 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Barnsley don't need the money. Connor is a little more level headed than Winnall and he wants to play for his country, so a high profile club is what he needs. Rumours are his missus wants to move down south too.

Rumours that you've just started ?

4 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Rumours are he's coming here, going to Villa, going to Celtic, staying at Barnsley, joining One Direction or retiring to be a nun so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Barnsley haven't got any money, not even from the stones transfer. They are still paying managers off as far back as Keith hill and offered hourihane and winnall contracts a few week back worth less than what they were already on. They'll make a point not selling to us just to win faith back from supporters then on deadline day bottle it n sell.

Wouldn't it be in Barnsley's interests to foster good relationships between our clubs, rather than refusing to sell to us as a matter of principle, as has been suggested? We have several players on our books who could surely do a decent job for Barnsley if they were to be loaned out in this window - the likes of Nuhiu, João, McGugan and Matias...

Then when you factor in the fact that we stand a fighting chance of winning promotion in the next few seasons, meaning that many of our current squad may suddenly become available for loan or to buy, and you'd think they may see it as an opportunity to establish a relationship which may benefit them going forward, similar to the way that we took McGugan, Forestieri and Abdi off Watford in the past two seasons?

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wouldn't it be in Barnsley's interests to foster good relationships between our clubs, rather than refusing to sell to us as a matter of principle, as has been suggested? We have several players on our books who could surely do a decent job for Barnsley if they were to be loaned out in this window - the likes of Nuhiu, João, McGugan and Matias...

Then when you factor in the fact that we stand a fighting chance of winning promotion in the next few seasons, meaning that many of our current squad may suddenly become available for loan or to buy, and you'd think they may see it as an opportunity to establish a relationship which may benefit them going forward, similar to the way that we took McGugan, Forestieri and Abdi off Watford in the past two seasons?

I was thinking similar. Never worth burning bridges 

44 minutes ago, mike312 said:

What's that suppose to mean? 

Are we not "high profile" enough? 

Hasn't harmed the likes of Westwood, Bannan, Fletcher and so on getting call ups to their national sides. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What's that suppose to mean? 

Are we not "high profile" enough? 

Hasn't harmed the likes of Westwood, Bannan, Fletcher and so on getting call ups to their national sides. 

I mean if as rumoured Celtic or a lower premier league club are interested he would probably go there.

All the speculation is clearly not effecting his game. Does it make me a bad person if I want Blackpool to score in the 119th minute.....surely Barnsley have suffered enough this week.

Edited by Morepork