Conor Hourihane

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

This is the type of deal where about £2 million with the offer of doubling it if we get promoted in the next couple of seasons would be an offer accepted. Would y'all think that was a good deal, or want to wait until the end of the season and try and get him for nowt? (When there may be a battle for his contract).

I still think Winnall and Hourihane for a combined up front fee of £2.5 million is like going into Poundland and picking up an M&S quality product, but that's just me. Guess wages will come into it... there's no doubt we can afford the reported c.£25k a week wages for Hourihane, it's just whether we want to. 

It would depend on how much we have off-set on promotion for other things. For example MM and others will get money and perhaps a few other clubs on players. 

we don't want a situation where we are paying out so much that we can't fund the right number of  squad improvements when we get there.

Feel for Hecky, he's a man under pressure. Until now he's always been focused on coaching but now all of a sudden he's facing the tough realities of the transfer market with a club like Barnsley where finances are stretched to the limit and big clubs are always circling around your most cherished players.

agree steve but I wouldn't put it past a legit agent to create an alias and put deals out there just to get a player in the public eye 

however I'm not sure but I think :biggrin:  Hourihane's availability is known, so this guy is a wannabee

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Feel for Hecky, he's a man under pressure. Until now he's always been focused on coaching but now all of a sudden he's facing the tough realities of the transfer market with a club like Barnsley where finances are stretched to the limit and big clubs are always circling around your most cherished players.

Hes basically become Brian Laws

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

As reported in Sheffield Star, Yorkshire Post , Birmingham Mail and many other sources.

All sourced from owlstalk mate.

Nothing is official until the club announces it. The only people who know if there's any mileage in this are DC/CC/CH his agent and BFC