Conor Hourihane

I get the feeling (based on no insider knowledge) that Barnsley know the fans will turn if Hourihane is sold, so they're going to spin it out as late as they can in the window. In the meantime they'll hope they get a few good results, sign a few decent players, anything to generate some positivity among the fans. However, they've probably already realised keeping Hourihane makes no financial sense - they'll hope in the time they spin it out somebody other than us will make a better offer, but on deadline day they will sell to the highest bidder.

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I get the feeling (based on no insider knowledge) that Barnsley know the fans will turn if Hourihane is sold, so they're going to spin it out as late as they can in the window. In the meantime they'll hope they get a few good results, sign a few decent players, anything to generate some positivity among the fans. However, they've probably already realised keeping Hourihane makes no financial sense - they'll hope in the time they spin it out somebody other than us will make a better offer, but on deadline day they will sell to the highest bidder.

Think you're bang on with this. All the twitter "agents" are saying CH's choice is to come to Hillsborough but I suppose it can also depend on what deal will make his agent the most money too. 

Dingles are really in a corner here, it has been mentioned that CH prefers to come here then they either take the moola or risk getting feck all for him in the summer and then he  comes here for nowt.......... if were still are interested . 

Can they afford to pizz 1m plus up the wall ? 

Checking out the Barnsley forum last week, it seemed odd to me that they were saying he was worth more than the rumouired £1.5 million offered to them. I don't think they realise that there's no prize money depending on where you finish in the Championship... so unless £1.5 million's worth of ticket sales are lost over the next 5 months due to the sale of Hourihane, I can't see how they can deduce he isn't worth that amount to them when they're going to lose him for nowt at the end of the season anyway.

Only way it works is if they genuinely think they'll get relegated this season without him... which makes no sense, because they keep referring to us as "play-off rivals" lol 

Feel they're having a basic lapse in understanding at how economics works... 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Now I don't know their actual heights, but I saw Abdi & Bannan side by side, there wasn't much difference.

For me, Abdi & Bannan are the same type of player, vying for the same position, as playmaker. 

I had a look on Wiki, and apparently Abdi is 5'11" as against Baz who's 5'6". Probably it's because Abdi's bulkier that it's not so noticeable. Bannan 61 kg, Abdi 82 kg. Probably we'd do better against Leeds in a midfield physical encounter with Abdi.

1 hour ago, BullitsAA said:

Yeh, he will probs go there, Koeman being stern in his negotiations I see! Can't think who Koeman would want from Newcastle.. dread to think who he would want from us, best just leave this one well alone.

Actually think he'd be a better fit with Palace, their midfield is a real problem and it would reunite him with McArthur which was a really good pairing at Wigan.

3 minutes ago, Owling said:

Not reight is it, Prem clubs get £800,000 per place, winner taking £16,000,000.

Well, ya know, they're struggling to compete financially with the rest of the teams outside of the Prem. They've only got multimillion pound sponsorship deals and £100m in TV deals head-start, they need every penny they can get

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Dingles are really in a corner here, it has been mentioned that CH prefers to come here then they either take the moola or risk getting feck all for him in the summer and then he  comes here for nowt.......... if were still are interested . 

Can they afford to pizz 1m plus up the wall ? 

They should dig out the swfc old guard hand book. Danny Wilson probably had a copy.

Under the contract rebel section it says 

"Sell at last minute for whatever...then blame the player in question"