Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

2/10

The points deduction is obviously far from ideal.

We've lost a lot of players, and largely replaced them with personnel with even more questionable injury records.

The squad is lopsided and limits our tactical options, we don't have a single right winger for example, that's going to make it easier for opponents.

The cold hard fact is that Monk has the lowest points per game return of any manager in the last 16 years and we've had some not great ones in that time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Think I’m a 7 - pushing 8. In my mind the recent dross was a combination of a totally toxic dressing room and not enough management. I think we’re already a long way from that and looking forward to see a Wednesday team not controlled by individual player egos.

The old toxic dressing room; so many are certain that things were toxic. 

Yet to see the proof. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Keepers 3/10 the young uns aren’t good enough 

Defence 7/10 pretty good. Iorfa and Borner to be partnered by Dunkley and Lees as main back up is good for the Championship 

Midfield 7/10 again good. The balance of Bannan, Luongo and Brown should be good. Fizz and Hunt as back up. Would be higher but our wing back options aren’t great (classing then as midfielders here)

Strikers 5/10 Windass and Kachunga improves it a lot but Rhodes is abysmal. Need two more.

I guess I’d score my ‘whelm’ at 5/10 at the moment. Would be higher without a points deduction. Hope they are up for the fight

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Everyone’s whelm should be between 1 (pessimist) and 3 (optimist) IMO, thats Irrespective of our recent signings. We have the same manager and mostly the same players. Likewise, the same individuals are making key decisions.......

All we can do is hope the additions, the new coaching staff and the removal of the odd bad egg see us move in the right direction.

I will reserve my whelm assessment until the 10 game mark. I feel that’s both fair to me as a supporter and realistic.

Edited by Morepork

Getting toward  - 1 right now.  We have had a lot of hard times no most of the time it's hard at Wednesday.  Promises of war chests and going for it. For promotion  for Europe.  Then disappointment as we really do things half bottomed....... right now it feels like a practical joke. Terrible manager horrible recruitment and worse squad than one that tried to get relegated last season Ho! And we are starting at -12 BUT you better be positive!!! What a flipping JOKE !!!!! lol

Lets waits and see where we are once the team is established, a decent amount of games have been played so that easy/hard runs of games etc for us and other teams have flattened out, form and fitness is a little more bedded in, etc.

So, overall, I'd say I'm... I dunno, 3.5 because that points penalty is still f*ckin' nasty.