Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

whelmed   ---------------------------------------here 

my whelm is here 

My aim is to get through the season.   I don't imagine it will be particularly good.   In a way, it's almost  nice to know that we wont amount to much this season, because even now i'm usually far too optimistic for my own good and generally feel let down come the end of the season.    At least now, I know we are relegation fodder, and if not we can aspire to mid table mediocrity.    

I love Sheffield Wednesday, and i'd still probably have bought a season ticket knowing about the minus twelve, and still having monkfish as head honcho.    

What can I say..   I'm Wednesday til I die.    

Lets hope i'm not yet terminal.  

• Like 2

I can honestly say, I have never felt as apathetic about the start of a new season as I do right now.

I’ve renewed my season ticket but I can’t say I miss attending matches, I just miss meeting my mates and having a few beers on a Saturday.

Right now I’d say I’m at around a 1 or a 2 as I think we will get relegated this season.

On 21/09/2016 at 11:57, heppers said:

Given we have improved the squad, have some stability, have more points than at this point last year, Fessi has had a wobble but stayed, some fans are about to be banned, etc...

Where are you on the whelmometer?

Jeeeeeesus. Was that really 2016? Shows how long he'd been a little prick for 

• Haha 1

I would have been between 0-3 after the horrific collapse of form after Christmas and the points deduction to start this season. However, to be honest, despite the points deduction I can see some positive long term signs. The signings of FDB and Brown have lifted me, I'd have loved to have seen Murphy return but I'm hopeful we can make a couple more smart loan signings like Izzy Brown to give us the quality we need to stay up. As long as we do stay up, I hope we'll have learned the lessons of the recent past and will kick on by being more sensible and long term thinking. For those reasons I'm now at 3.5 or 4. Some more signings like FDB and Brown would perk me up to around the half way level.