Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

2 out of ten. Monk seems to have been given the mandate to decimate the squad which he has successfully done. Better management would have seen the run out of the contacts difficult “stars” in a less disruptive way. Not convinced he has anyone’s confidence to see us picking up, irrespective of whatever he manages to do in the transfer market. Can honestly see him getting the bullet, albeit beyond the point of recovery, at some point before Xmas. The bloke claims he wants to see the job through but he probably realises his stock has massively diminished over the last few years. Probably seeing how far he can push this, noting many a manager would have been sacked following such a run of indifferent results. Would love to be wrong but have a horrible feeling we are destined for L1 and this will be beyond doubt by mid-season.

Time is now for DC to show some leadership. A statement from the club regarding the way forward from the current situation and getting a number of key managerial appointments made is essential. Need to facilitate Monk and back him if he is to be the man to lead us out of this mess.

• Like 3

There’s 138 points to play for next season. So we aren’t finished yet.  

Tho having Chansiri and Monk leading the resistance can’t be described as anything other than being unconvincing at this moment.  

Let’s see what they come up with in the next few weeks.  3/10

• Like 1

2/10.

As we prepare for what will almost certainly be relegation well before the forthcoming season draws to a close, it's hard to give a higher mark than that.

Few managers could survive the run of results which Monk had in the second half of last season, and the manner in which so many points were lost only serves to condemn him even more.

Points tossed away in the full knowledge that a points deduction could well have been imposed this season.

Even without beginning on -12, we would have been in peril with the Pale One in charge.

With him we look doomed before a ball is kicked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly believe the club is being run into the ground.

There is no leadership or direction.

We have a sub standard manager who looks like he is going to get the rebuilding job, sadly he will be sacked by Christmas and a glorious chance will have gone begging.

Our clueless owner will continue to receive poor advice because he is to stubborn to admit he got it wrong.

I feel totally disconnected from the club and can't see past another season of struggle.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kingsidney said:

0 - monk will bring in players and be sacked in the first 10 games. 

30 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I honestly believe the club is being run into the ground.

There is no leadership or direction.

We have a sub standard manager who looks like he is going to get the rebuilding job, sadly he will be sacked by Christmas and a glorious chance will have gone begging.

Our clueless owner will continue to receive poor advice because he is to stubborn to admit he got it wrong.

I feel totally disconnected from the club and can't see past another season of struggle.

GM will be under intense fan pressure and scrutiny from the get go. Irrespective of my own feelings about him that's just a fact.

DC could find himself with no choice but to act this side of Christmas as you both allude to. On that basis alone you'd have to question the wisdom (once again) of keeping the manager and allowing him to bring in players (if indeed they are his choices....)

Personally, I aspire to absolutely nothing this season. My one wish is to see some tangible evidence of a workable plan, something cohesive and sustainable. If there is no clear move towards running the club in a professional manner then it could get ugly. 

In essence, the owner must step back and limit himself to being the financial backer only. If on the other hand we continue with DC making key football decisions along with financial/commercial ones for that matter then there is nothing to suggest it won't continue to be an absolute sh!tshow.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So long as we have " advisors " here bleeding the club dry, we head nowhere but into extinction. No one really cares now whether a club goes under, and many in the football world care phook all about us.

Monks as much in on this than the others, doesn't give a throw whether he is here or not. Just grabs a wage he never thought he'd see again.

From top to bottom the club is bent.  

I'm amazed that no one has blown the whistle yet oin whats going on.
You've got yes man Bullen,  GET RID.... he brings nothing to the table...

And all this " Family " 8ollocks.

Sooner be playing league 2 with a proper Chairman and a decent Holloway, guts and blood manager, giving it a go.
Than suffer the absolute crap we see at the moment, on the pitch and off it.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kingsidney said:

0 - monk will bring in players and be sacked in the first 10 games. 

This was the question I wanted to ask. 

With -12 from the start it's hugely important we start well. 

How long do we think monk will be given. Is Chansiri going to sit and watch us still on minus points at Xmas retaining faith?

• Like 2

My Whelmometer has had its batteries taken out, put back in the box and been chucked in the back of a cupboard ready to either be regifted to somebody I dont really like at Christmas or to be eventually flogged on ebay.

With the current situation / people in charge my whelm is non existent and has been replaced by total and utter apathy.

• Like 3

4th from bottom will be a good season for us. The rebuild process seems to be going very slow, 1 new player signed, a player that has never played a first team game. We need a good 6 or 7 new signings. At the minute I’m a 2. Decent new signings and it will push me up to a 5. Can’t get away from the fact we seem to have a manager that can’t motivate, talks a good game and says what needs to be done but have seen very little of him putting that in to practice yet,  as for the owner well the less said the better. 

For me, my whelm tends to be a measure of how I feel about the direction we're heading (perhaps for everyone, I don't know).

When we closed out the season before this last one, under Bruce, I felt positive - and this despite long-knowing our current owner is highly incompetent, albeit well-meaning.

And then despite the whelm taking an almighty hit after Bruce leaving, I sat down for my Christmas lunch with a very healthy whelm (we were third, after all).

Post-Christmas has been hard to describe, but I don't recall experiencing whelm being sucked out of my body so rapidly.

But, I do honestly suspect the worst of it is over.

Yes, we still have the same owner, yes, we start the season with a points deduction, and yes, we have a manager that I very little inspired by - but I feel there is hope that we might just be able to build something better from here.

Mind you, I do tend to get positive between the seasons anyway - probably slightly beyond reason.

Anyway, I feel an oddly ‘okay, considering...’ 40ish% level of whelm.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

I'm a solid 3

Although if you throw in the fact that fans won't be allowed in for the foreseeable I go up to a 7

3. I've tried hard to find something positive to cling on to re Monk but haven't managed to do so.

Man-management, recruitment, tactics, substitutions, squad,mentality, post-match interviews, team selection and results, all far from impressive IMO. Very fortunate to still be in employment.

• Like 2