Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

Quite a few seem to think GM won’t get the Christmas, and I tend to agree. In which case we really should get shut now rather than lumbering a new manager with a squad of players he doesn’t want a mountain to climb. I just can’t see Monk managing to turn this round. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Quite a few seem to think GM won’t get the Christmas, and I tend to agree. In which case we really should get shut now rather than lumbering a new manager with a squad of players he doesn’t want a mountain to climb. I just can’t see Monk managing to turn this round. 

Your reasoning is far too logical for this club.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

was one of 'the few' chansiri?

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I honestly believe the club is being run into the ground.

There is no leadership or direction.

We have a sub standard manager who looks like he is going to get the rebuilding job, sadly he will be sacked by Christmas and a glorious chance will have gone begging.

Our clueless owner will continue to receive poor advice because he is to stubborn to admit he got it wrong.

I feel totally disconnected from the club and can't see past another season of struggle.

You didn't give a score , would I be right in thinking its South of 10? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

So long as we have " advisors " here bleeding the club dry, we head nowhere but into extinction. No one really cares now whether a club goes under, and many in the football world care phook all about us.

Monks as much in on this than the others, doesn't give a throw whether he is here or not. Just grabs a wage he never thought he'd see again.

From top to bottom the club is bent.  

I'm amazed that no one has blown the whistle yet oin whats going on.
You've got yes man Bullen,  GET RID.... he brings nothing to the table...

And all this " Family " 8ollocks.

Sooner be playing league 2 with a proper Chairman and a decent Holloway, guts and blood manager, giving it a go.
Than suffer the absolute crap we see at the moment, on the pitch and off it.

Your first sentence sums up perfectly what is happening at Hillsbro. 

• Like 2

So far next season a write off. Just got to survive once we eventually sack Monk and then next summer try to rebuild to try push towards playoffs the season after that.

That's where I feel we are at right now. Things can change this. For one replacing Monk and paying out for the best manager we can get but prob not until we look possible of staying up next season.  Recruitment,  bringing in someone known for bringing quality players who would work with the manager to his vision.

If we managed to over turn 12 point deduction then still need above but would be able to do quicker. 

Minimum new manager proven quality and as many of the players who would be the first pieces of a future promotion side.

It's been a rollercoaster 5 years being a Wednesday fan, to go from 90 minutes away from the Premier League and back to back playoff campaigns to losing 5-0 at home vs Blackburn, all our best players leaving or getting injured (then leaving), suffering a 18 month embargo and now facing a new season with a -12 point deduction that will probably just tip us into the bottom 3 come May...it's been well typical Wednesday!

Honestly though, i have never been so unexcited for the season to start. After all the self inflicted mistakes we've made in recent seasons seemingly getting worse and worse every year i sort of hope we go down so we can perhaps get the rebuild we desperately need. 

7 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

3. I've tried hard to find something positive to cling on to re Monk but haven't managed to do so.

Man-management, recruitment, tactics, substitutions, squad,mentality, post-match interviews, team selection and results, all far from impressive IMO. Very fortunate to still be in employment.

If you scour the budgie breeding forums, no one has a bad word to say about him. To be fair there is no mention of him at all.

9 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

My Whelmometer has had its batteries taken out, put back in the box and been chucked in the back of a cupboard ready to either be regifted to somebody I dont really like at Christmas or to be eventually flogged on ebay.

With the current situation / people in charge my whelm is non existent and has been replaced by total and utter apathy.

Agreed. Been going 30 plus years and the current situation is a downturn too far. Bored. Bored of waiting for some Devine miracle to happen when things magically fall into place. Things don’t just happen. You manage success through planning and motivation. Realistic goals and meaningful progress. 

• Like 1

It is worthwhile pointing out that Chansiri privately may indeed be searching for a replacement, but nobody wants the job.

Or nobody any better than Monk wants the job.

Some believe we'd be better off with no manager at all, others that we should approach Eddie Howe...

Back in the real world, finding a replacement won't be easy.

Mind you, it'll be harder still when were cut adrift at Christmas.

• Haha 1