Top 10 comedy moments at Hillsboro'

The old score board on the kop when we were waiting for uniteds result on radio hallam or something on the tannoy and the score board read pigs are down a reyt eruption around the ground!

It HAS to be THE Beswetherick game against Grimsby! 

Started the game and from minute 1 got absolutely destroyed by the Grimsby right winger, so much he HAD to be took off after about 15 minutes, if I remember rightly Beswetherick looked genuinely pissed off to be brought off lol

Eric Nixon also came off the bench for Prezzie and had a stormer!!!

http://www.11v11.com/matches/sheffield-wednesday-v-grimsby-town-27-september-2003-16849/

(Shudders) Wow what a team we had! 

The various Radio Sheffield interviews with Kaven Walker. 

The Radio Sheffield interview with Geoff Hulley where he stated he was on a French B road. 

Coughlan getting knocked out and playing on. 

Bernard getting banned and standing on Parkside Road with a banner. 

Fashanu getting sent off on a stretcher. 

Ferguson getting coined by a 20p piece from the South Stand. (I think a lad was wrongly accused in the Manchester Evening News and won compensation). 

Abandoned game against Wigan when everyone left really quickly just in case the ref changed his mind. We were getting murdered. 

Lad at the Lane who jumped up and laughed just as Tudgay hit it. 

Pizza Pods. 

Reda Johnson at centre half. 

Mick Quinn hitting the corner flag for Coventry when inside the box.

Andy Booth in goal, tipping either a redknapp or Owen shot onto the post. 

Peter Gilbert on the left wing. 

Kim Olsen jumping for a header after the ball had sailed over his head.

Petter Rudi winding up for a shot for the Kop to should DONT SHOOT, so he didn't and passed sideways.

The Kop screaming GET IT OUT to a dithering Ashley Westwood only for his knees to shake even more and shank the clearance into the path of an onrushing midfielder. 

John Hartsons hat trick goal at home to Wimbledon was off set slightly by the bloke who lobbed a pie at him.

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Two own goals both at the Kop end one a classic diving header by Sam Ellis in a league cup replay v Bourneouth.

The other fastest own goal at Hillsborough (I think) Steve Bould for us v Arsenal about 20 seconds I think.  

Similar one for me, but v Millwall c 73/74 (also at the Kop end. Second one the defender was under pressure from Joicey and bent a back pass around the keeper from c 20-25 yes out. First one was a Potts cross that the keeper caught but fell into the net still holding the ball.

4 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Steve ogricivic and his goal kick flying over Hodgys head 

I was on the kop for that one right behind the goal. It was a VERY windy day and I'd said to a bloke before kickoff that we could see some crazy goals. Never expected that though. The best comedy bit about it for me was when the ball sailed over hodges head and he turned round and saw it going into the goal. He only uttered two words, "Oh F*ck" !!!!!!

10 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I was on the kop for that one right behind the goal. It was a VERY windy day and I'd said to a bloke before kickoff that we could see some crazy goals. Never expected that though. The best comedy bit about it for me was when the ball sailed over hodges head and he turned round and saw it going into the goal. He only uttered two words, "Oh F*ck" !!!!!!

Took a freak bounce too otherwise would never have gone over Hodge's head.

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Singing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life to Man U fans in the Crows Nest on the Kop - the Jemson game

John Toshack OG in a 6-1 victory over Swansea

Newcastle fans hoisting one of their flags up the pole at the Lepp End

Different time - Newcastle fans singing In the Army Now and swaying along in the Lepp seats

My mate catching loads of milk cartons thrown into the crowd in a Milk Cup game and us throwing them around the Kop all second half

The Toshack OG was outstanding.

I'd forgotten about the Geordies hoisting their flag on the Leppings Lane end in the early 80's....brilliant and fair play to them. 

lol

In the infamous Potter corner game (v Huddersfield) Chris Sedgewick attempted a spectacular volley from about 40 yards out.

He hit it so sweet that the ball sailed off into the South Stand. 

Was so good that a bloke in front of me burst out laughing at him.