Top 10 comedy moments at Hillsboro'

16 hours ago, qantas said:

Not at Hillsborough but away at Wolves...night game, the one where Bannister missed TWO penalties & we lost one nil...sound hilarious doesn't it, especially when the train broke down on the way home....anyway, despite all that the funniest thing was Owls fans taking the mick out of the way Wolves supporters were singing "WHAT'S It LIKE TO HAVE A ROOF"..the way the pronounced roof was pretty damn funny...oh well, guess you had to be there.

Wasn't there, but my mate tells me a similar story. If its the same game didn't owls fans reply with "we'll have a roof at Wembley". Guessing 83 or 86 if it was.

17 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I wouldn't count on that, since he didn't score from a cornerlol

Yea I don't usually remember things exact after a few jars or have a great memory at all tbh lol. But that's the Hollywood version anyways. All I know is he scored not long after coming on after getting slated. Reminded me of the scene out of that wierd hooligan film ID. When they are like he can't score a waffle! But cheers for spoilng my memory haha. The comedy moment I will never forget. The exact goings on, on the pitch obviously already have 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

5 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Wasn't there, but my mate tells me a similar story. If its the same game didn't owls fans reply with "we'll have a roof at Wembley". Guessing 83 or 86 if it was.

Yeah, it was 83 and I was there. I was based at RAF Cosford at that time so it was the shortest journey to a game that I had all season. Great banter between the fans that night and very funny. I just wish I could remember what all the chants were... and forget the Bannister penalties. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, roaminowl said:

Yeah, it was 83 and I was there. I was based at RAF Cosford at that time so it was the shortest journey to a game that I had all season. Great banter between the fans that night and very funny. I just wish I could remember what all the chants were... and forget the Bannister penalties. :rolleyes:

One of the chants to them was..."WHAT'S A ROOF, WHAT'S A ROOF, WHAT'S A ROOF"...with us singing back the word roof as they'd sang it to us, wish I could spell it how they made it sound but it was truly hilarious, the good natured banter between the two sets of fans that night made the trip bearable after what else happened.

93 on the way to Wembley on the train from Donny, can't remember which game. There were 2 lads about 12 years old, very excited and having a great time. 

One of them disappeared off to the loo and returns about 5 minutes later having done some face painting and to be fair he'd done a decent job. 

Nice blue and white stripes with SW on one cheek and FC on the other in yellow. 

Everyone was killing themselves laughing as he'd done it looking in the mirror and the writing had come out backwards.

He had no clue what we were laughing at and no-one told him. 

Enjoyed when we beat MK Dons at home in League One at home in the promotion season. Not that it was a huge memorable scalp, but beating a promotion rival managed by that smug Scouse *** Robinson was enjoyable when we overpowered them and made them look very ordinary.

The funniest bit was the tackle that Julian Bennett did on Stephen Gleeson, which was an old-school full-blooded crunching tackle where he got the ball but rolled over it and caught Gleeson's leg. I'm not sure how bad it really was, but Gleeson walking off the pitch throwing a tantrum was absolutely hilarious.

The whinging sound bites from Robinson afterwards were hilarious also.

Guest white kanu
On 5 September 2016 at 19:39, NormOwl said:

I know it's wrong etc but that Sunderland fan getting smacked after running down half of the north stand and offering everyone out 

I too found this amusing particularly as he'd had one right hander then as he was lead off by the stewards got another one.

my favourite though was Larry May heading a ball which flopped off him as it was flat then as they changed it some geezer on the kop shouting 'it's his head that's soft not the ball!' 

On 05/09/2016 at 19:24, alfonso123 said:

The Spaniel's Ears Incident. Surely the pinnacle of John Hills' career...

55996973.jpg

Oh no

Just get a decent bra on and go running on the pitch in that, people would still get the idea

9 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Yep. The banter on the south bank and exchange of songs was really funny. It went on quite some time. The wolves fans in their broad black country accents it actually sounded like. "Whats it like to have no woof". So we replied " we'll have a woof at wembley".