Top 10 comedy moments at Hillsboro'

I remember one match v manure and Alex fwit ferguson had been going on about their centre half, ( Ian Ure I think ) and how he would tame our Wildman centre forward who went by the name of Alan Warboys, ( Great lad for free tickets at away matches btw ). Don't know if Warby planned it but he tackled Ure in front of the manure dugout and left him lying in a heap to be carried off with a broken leg. Warboys looked at Fergie, shrugged his shoulders and ran off.

DISCLAIMER, I think I have the right CH but may be mistaken. Come on you ecyclopaedias  ( I know it is spelt wrong cos spell checker ses so ), and put me out of my comfort zone.  lol 

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Took a freak bounce too otherwise would never have gone over Hodge's head.

About twenty feet in front of hodgy who was way off his line iirc. which sometimes I don't. It's either an age thing or the copious amounts of spliffs I "used" to consume.  Just in case there's any plod on Owlstalk lol

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

The match where the bloke kept throwing his arms in the air at the ref (Charlton Athletic?) and the entire ground shouting 'wey hey.' He had just wound the crowd up a few minutes before, as well.

Karma's a bee-atch!

Kermorgant.

3-3 game v Luton in early 80s - very late equaliser from Luton after some particularly poor refereeing

massed chorus from north stand of "who's your father referee" - was first time that I'd heard it, and it really tickled me.....

3 hours ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

We was drawing nil nil to the pigs can't remember the year. We got a corner and the tannoy announced a substitution. Owusu, everyone in the kop was like Owusu ffs who is that effin 'el Owusu. Loads moaning all the way thru his walk up to the box when coming on. He then scored from the corner. Then everyone started singing owusu owusu. So funny I will never forget it.

And he kept running to side of pitch spewing up because he was nervous. lol

James O'Connors overhead kick. The best shot never to be scored.
The world record air guitar attempt.
When a duck flew around the stadium & found refuge in the Kop End in a friendly vs WBA.

When we subbed Will Keane on but the stadium announcer called him Roy.

Any of Chris Maguire's wind up tactics, usually got a chuckle from me. 

41 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I remember one match v manure and Alex fwit ferguson had been going on about their centre half, ( Ian Ure I think ) and how he would tame our Wildman centre forward who went by the name of Alan Warboys, ( Great lad for free tickets at away matches btw ). Don't know if Warby planned it but he tackled Ure in front of the manure dugout and left him lying in a heap to be carried off with a broken leg. Warboys looked at Fergie, shrugged his shoulders and ran off.

DISCLAIMER, I think I have the right CH but may be mistaken. Come on you ecyclopaedias  ( I know it is spelt wrong cos spell checker ses so ), and put me out of my comfort zone.  lol

Too many spiffs mate, Warboys playing and Fergie as their manager. Not in same decade pal, unless I'm being whooshed.

Rodger Wylde running up to the ref doing the hands being glasses thing round his face at him...and getting booked instantly

Paulo v Alcock and Arsenal players crapping themselves when he was in a rage

Best ever tho...Sammy shinning up the flagpole on the Lepp during a game and having to stay up as long as he could whilst the coppers patiently waited at the bottom for him to sliiiiide down!! 

Not at Hillsborough but.....Arriving at Oldham (the infamous Terry Curran sending off) as gates opened totally pished, then talking to a female police woman about how surprised I was that there was so little police presence at the game. Her response was ''we dont expect many from Sheffield today, and there's never any trouble at Boundary Park''

OK luv, whatever you say....

Edited by Mr Soul

First game of the season after we got relegated to League One when we drew 2-2 with Palace. 

We played Dagenham and their keeper got abuse over his weight from the first whistle to the last.

Was a great sport though, even clapped towards our fans after the game and got applause in return. 

Not at Hillsborough but away at Wolves...night game, the one where Bannister missed TWO penalties & we lost one nil...sound hilarious doesn't it, especially when the train broke down on the way home....anyway, despite all that the funniest thing was Owls fans taking the mick out of the way Wolves supporters were singing "WHAT'S It LIKE TO HAVE A ROOF"..the way the pronounced roof was pretty damn funny...oh well, guess you had to be there.