Top 10 comedy moments at Hillsboro'

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Two own goals both at the Kop end one a classic diving header by Sam Ellis in a league cup replay v Bourneouth.

The other fastest own goal at Hillsborough (I think) Steve Bould for us v Arsenal about 20 seconds I think.  

I may be wrong, it's a long time ago, but I think the first was the first game, ended 1-1 and went to a replay.

I took an Arsenal "fan" to the second and told him Trevor Francis wasn't past it, as he claimed.   As Francis was the nearest player to Bould I said, look he's not touched the ball yet and we're winning.

53 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

David Hirst blasting the ball and knocking Ozzie Owl's head clean off during the warm-up kept me giggling for most of the game.

I was 7 years old at the time, so that might explain my less-than-sophisticated humour.

Have a feeling your Dad is an owlstalker mate!!! Someone posted that their young son kept banging on about this during the match, which I believe we eventually lost????? lol

Singing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life to Man U fans in the Crows Nest on the Kop - the Jemson game

John Toshack OG in a 6-1 victory over Swansea

Newcastle fans hoisting one of their flags up the pole at the Lepp End

Different time - Newcastle fans singing In the Army Now and swaying along in the Lepp seats

My mate catching loads of milk cartons thrown into the crowd in a Milk Cup game and us throwing them around the Kop all second half

When the Bolton fan fell from the upper tier of leppings lane and got up like nothing happened or personally at the Cardiff Game U2 in the kop when an elderly gentleman picked up a inflatable wee pipe and stared at it for 20 seconds before realising what it was. 

Edited by ThomasSWFC

We was drawing nil nil to the pigs can't remember the year. We got a corner and the tannoy announced a substitution. Owusu, everyone in the kop was like Owusu ffs who is that effin 'el Owusu. Loads moaning all the way thru his walk up to the box when coming on. He then scored from the corner. Then everyone started singing owusu owusu. So funny I will never forget it.

2 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Have a feeling your Dad is an owlstalker mate!!! Someone posted that their young son kept banging on about this during the match, which I believe we eventually lost????? lol

I seriously doubt it - I tried to show him the wonders of Owlstalk once and he asked how I knew all these people. When I tried to explain to him that I don't actually know any of the people on here, but we just anonymously chat about Wednesday (among other things), he told me I was a sad git who should go to the pub more often! Plus, he uses the internet like he's charged by the megabit - he's on and off to check his emails, The Sheffield Star website and the Cotswold online store within 15 minutes a day, max.

To be honest, it was so funny to anyone of a similar age to me when it happened, I imagine that a whole generation of Wednesdayites pissed their dads off about it for the rest of that weekend!