Forestieri

33 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Seemed happy last season maybe his new wife doesn't like Sheffield - total guess work obviously

Thought the same but presumably she was here last season. If I was Forestieri I wouldn't be going to traning on my bike any time soon or until it's all sorted out one way or the other

Assuming he goes, if we get good money (12 million +), reinvest wisely in a couple of high class championship players with track records and come early May those additions have made the difference and a promotion party is about to commence as the clock ticks down against Fulham, we might just look back and see it as the best thing that ever happened. 

Us fans will still be here no matter who is playing in the shirt. This is a team sport not an individual one. We're on our way 

On 07/08/2016 at 19:47, SiJ said:

Ah. 

You mean the rumor that you and the other bloke made up. 

Still waiting for an apology from @SiJ

Edit: My bad SiJ just seen in my notification that you have apologised!  Accepted, I'm not a stirrer, was just letting others know what I had heard. Shame it's actually true, I was praying it was all poo poo

Edited by Skyline

What surprises me most is the clubs after him. 

I can only assume he's been offered mega bucks at Newcastle. I mean taking the blue and white tinted specs off are Newcastle and Derby a more lucrative team than us at this moment in time ? Other than money and being able to afford bigger wages what have they got going for them ?

Superb point today...perfect response to all the upheaval.

This needs to be resolved very quickly now - he is out of here as far as I am concerned, in no position to stay as feelings have obviously been made very clear

if its wages we have to stand firm and maintain the structure we have in place..it will set a dangerous precedent if we give in.

Took us nearly 15 years to recover the last time this all got out of control - none of us want a return to those dark days

If he want to move on or has an offer, providing it is a good on, get shut ASAP - we cannot have distractions.

No one is bigger than the club - the welfare of SWFC and its continued progression is the most important thing now.

Get him moved on, get the cash in and invest it wisely so we can gain some good out of all this.

I'll own up.

It's my fault: after his form in Pre-Season, I put a bet on him to finish top scorer.

I've been waiting ever since for something to go wrong.

Thought he'd end up losing a limb in a horrendous diving accident or something.

Didn't see this coming but it was bound to happen.

I never win bets.

His behaviour, if true he refused to travel, is nothing short of disgraceful.

He has let down CC, DC, the fans and his team mates.

I understand there may well be interest from other clubs, but I don't care if it's a PL team or a league two side, you do not behaviour the way he has done.

Gone from hero to zero in 48 hours. 

A fantastic point today that has been overshadowed by his antics. I used to love FF, but I can't help but feel very let down and really angry at what he has done.

He has made a rod for his own back now and his Wednesday career is essentially over. He can't come back from this. 

1 hour ago, whatevertrevor said:

So he wants to leave. But there hasn't been a bid. So why refuse to play?? 

Wouldn't it only make sense to refuse to play if the club had rejected a bid that you had wanted to be accepted?

What am I missing? Please help a frail and confused individual understand. 

He's put the club is position where they have to sell, unless we're willing to lose a player for no return when he doesn't play. That reduces the price for him. It basically means he's got told that X club is interested and he needs to help push it through. 

I think a lot of it is that one month he says he want to stay here till the end of the playing days (all footballers say that to be fair) but at the same time football is run by agent and it could be the same hear. Somethings happen since he come back from preseason and now and I think it a bit bad that it all in the open but I can understand our manager wanting to tell the fans what going on at the end of the day it don't look good on the player it don't look good on the club and some clubs might look at this and re think wanting to get him if he don't get what he wants could do the same thing them.

I always thought FF could get us promotion. If we could get we sell him for good money and reinvest it a couple of good championship players ( which is FF's stature) who are satisfied with a million pounds a year ,he still could.

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

He's put the club is position where they have to sell, unless we're willing to lose a player for no return when he doesn't play. That reduces the price for him. It basically means he's got told that X club is interested and he needs to help push it through. 

Put it plainly. He's on strike til he has his way.

Just now, southportdc said:

We hold the nap hand though. He has something like a 3 year contract and as I've just posted in another thread we could afford to  buy a replacement and let him stew. He has disrespected the club the fans the manager and most importantly the chairman. Losing face is a big thing

Lachman, mcgugan and probably a couple of others should show DC isn't prepared to put up with mincer's, clubs may want FF now but let's see what happens when the window shuts and he's not played till the Jan window, guarantee he won't be top of many clubs wish list!!!! Its about time a contract means something again.

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Right I get that....but...what has he/his agent said to us? He can't have told us the club that are after him, and there hasn't been a bid, so what have we done to make him refuse to play? 

These situations are normally when a bid has been rejected. 

What I mean is that we actually haven't blocked/rejected anything (even though I'd hope we would) as there hasn't been anything to block/reject. So even if he wants to leave why is he throwing his toys out when we haven't even had a chance to wee wee him off by rejecting anything. 

Just gutting how a fans favourite can go from hero to zero. Even if we reject bids and he stays, he'll have a hell of a lot to do to earn back respect of the fans. Will even likely be jeering.

He's been really badly advised by effing agents, I truly don't believe he is like this.