Chansiri - Where is the line?

1 hour ago, EveryWednesday said:

I generally support the changes at the club since the regime change. Even though I can't afford a membership or villa ticket this month when at 20 quidish I would have done. I just see that as the way football is going and I hope that next year I can have the lump sum in the summer to buy a ST. I suppose that's the positive, it's driving ST sales and getting people into the ground on a more consistent basis.

As for a direct answer to your question I was thinking a name change or major colour change. Even then though I could stomach a change back to The Wednesday FC (and DC does seem to stick broadly to SWFC tradition) but not the Sheffield Owls or any carp like that.

I would be disappointed if they changed the kit permanently to pin stripe or went no stripe at all but I'd still be generally in support of the regime. However, changing the kit to anything but blue would have me in major protest!

There been no game for over 2 months and you can't save another £20 ? 

1 hour ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

But equally, at the same time I would suggest that we can also see that he has something of the megalomaniac about him.

Can you elaborate on exactly what you have seen that would lead you to describing the owner as having an obsessive desire for power?

In answer to your question, changing the club colours or messing with the club name are definite lines in the sand.

If Mr Chansiri keeps us competitive at whichever level we are playing at then he gets my backing.

I think SWFC are a mid table Premier League club, that means if we get back there we have had success, although that won't happen over night I am willing to support him while he shows 100% commitment in achieving that aim.

Mr Mandaric for example was happy surviving in the Championship, we are better than that but he simply couldn't take us any further.

I believe Mr C will do everything in his power to get us in the top flight, once we get there, who knows.

I never want SWFC to play in a red shirt and it will never happen, so no need to discuss it.

51 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

There been no game for over 2 months and you can't save another £20 ? 

Maybe he has other things he has to put his money towards, you don't know how he lives do you?

As for lines, changing the colours would or even changing the kit to these pinstripes permanently could cross them for me.

Edited by JanikowskiSWFC

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If the club start offering half decent food and drink served by semi-competent staff, that will be me done. Some traditions just shouldn't be messed with.

Maybe Lobster tails or Baluga eggs on toast. When as footy food ever been good. Loved old Jacks meat pies from more than 40 years ago but you could never describe them as good food. 

I would still support if we changed kit colour or ground. I mean, it's a flipping shirt that I don't even buy (it pains be to buy a pair of jeans for £30, nevermind a sports shirt for £55).

Changing name I could live with as mentioned above (The Wednesday) or the likes. 

My line would be relocation. If the whole club upped sticks and moved to London then I'm out