Chansiri - Where is the line?

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

Genuinely don't see a problem with a stadium move. What's so special about the plot of land Hillsborough is on?

How many times do I have to tell you.

It's a 15 minute walk for me.

lol

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i strongly disagreed when those three were sacked and was furious when megson went just as i would be if carvalhal got the pull but it wouldnt stop me from supporting the club .....i'm a strong believer in giving a manager time to build a side and 12-18 months just isnt long enough in my opinion .....probably our greatest manager was here 5 years before he had any success and it also took big jack 2 years to build a side neither of them would be given anything like that these days .....think it was you who mentioned fergie look how successful he was but it took him years to get it how he wanted it but his board backed him and we know the rest .

Fair point agree with that. 

Time has changed since Jack and Fergie though and with the amount of money success has to be quicker. I do agree with your points though. Hopefully CC has another successful season. It wouldnt put me over the line with DC but yes I would be upset. 

Keeping a manager doesnt guarantee success either though as I said 4 managers since 2011/12 season and we have progressed every year. 

Just seen this tweet.....

I love my club , but this is a disgrace ! Five corporate boxes sold , the best commercial manager in the country leaves.Hospitality packages unsold because of the crazy prices.I have had a season ticket for over thirty years and during that time a commercial ticket in a lounge.When it goes up £700 for no reason , enough is enough.All 18 occupants of our lounge have said "enough" I cannot believe that people who have supported the club through thick and thin are now been asked to pay exorbitant prices that they can no longer afford.Very , very sad !

The only way that DC would lose my support would be if there was evidence that he was not trying to achieve his stated objectives, and there are no signs of that whatsoever. On the contrary, he appears to be steering the club in the right direction whether everyone agrees with his methods or not.

Dejphon Chansiri is the owner of the club and he who pays the piper calls the tune.

In my humble opinion many of the complaints are coming from people with very short memories.

12 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

The only way that DC would lose my support would be if there was evidence that he was not trying to achieve his stated objectives, and there are no signs of that whatsoever. On the contrary, he appears to be steering the club in the right direction whether everyone agrees with his methods or not.

Dejphon Chansiri is the owner of the club and he who pays the piper calls the tune.

In my humble opinion many of the complaints are coming from people with very short memories.

i have a very long memory and that kit bears no resemblence to any kit we have had  before ....your right though the piper calls the tune and he can do whatever he wants but that doesnt mean we have to bend the knee just because he can ......think we all agree that on the pitch he's delivering but with a little bit more thought off it he could have just about everyone behind him .

On 5 August 2016 at 09:06, matthefish2002 said:

Think a lot of fans will accept the new kit and prices if we are still doing well on the pitch.

If results trail off I think a few more will start getting disgruntled. If the story on the squad numbers is true that Chansiri picked them with his favourite players getting lucky Thai numbers interesting but not sure why anyone would get upset about it.

Moving stadium is a line in the sand for me. Would not say I would stop calling myself a Wednesdayite but would find it hard to go to games. Although habits of a lifetime are hard to break.

Changing name also a no no for me. Get feeling both wont happen but I would have said that about charging £42 for a seat on the Kop. I still cant get over that.

Think West Ham…If we moved to a new stadium,I'm sure you and more or less every single one of us would trot along.  Not that Im advocating it as I love Hillsborough and would hate to leave but if the worst came to the worst, I'd turn up at the latest breeze block, corrugated plastic, unimaginative designed stadium.  It's what we fans do, blind loyalty.

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i have a very long memory and that kit bears no resemblence to any kit we have had  before ....your right though the piper calls the tune and he can do whatever he wants but that doesnt mean we have to bend the knee just because he can ......think we all agree that on the pitch he's delivering but with a little bit more thought off it he could have just about everyone behind him .

The kit doesn't bear any resemblance to any kit I recall either, but maybe in 50, 60 years when they change the kit back to stripes, there will be some fans scratching their heads thinking. "Didn't we used to wear stripes back when I were a lad?"

Traditions come traditions go, still wouldn't surprise me that stripes will make a quick return, maybe in 15 to 20 years. :)

1 hour ago, Imre Varadi said:

I love my club , but this is a disgrace ! Five corporate boxes sold , the best commercial manager in the country leaves.Hospitality packages unsold because of the crazy prices.I have had a season ticket for over thirty years and during that time a commercial ticket in a lounge.When it goes up £700 for no reason , enough is enough.All 18 occupants of our lounge have said "enough" I cannot believe that people who have supported the club through thick and thin are now been asked to pay exorbitant prices that they can no longer afford.Very , very sad !

How does he get to stay so much in one tweet?

Edited by Holmes

1 hour ago, Imre Varadi said:

Sorry, who is the "best commercial manager" referred to in this post?

Because that's a load of absolute horse whoever it was. We aren't the "best commercial" anything if our club shop and other retail ventures are anything to go by. 

Kit not being blue and white, name not including Wednesday, think that would be the line for me, I wouldn't mind a new stadium, wouldn't mind (in fact I'm a strong proponent) the name of the stadium being changed.

I believe that for many people the line is that the chairman is foreign so anything that came after is irrelevant, there is definitely a minority that wouldn't care what division were were in as long as the chairman was from Yorkshire.

On 5 August 2016 at 07:49, BarnOwl55 said:

If we amalgamated with SUFC to become Sheffield City.

Well they lost there red for a season, we lost our white. So if we play in blue and white strips, they keep the Sheffield part of the name, us Wednesday. Let there fans in the west upper only? We could be on to something here lol

1 hour ago, dumboldowl said:

Is that your medical opinion? Is there a cure? 

2 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Kit not being blue and white, name not including Wednesday, think that would be the line for me, I wouldn't mind a new stadium, wouldn't mind (in fact I'm a strong proponent) the name of the stadium being changed.

I believe that for many people the line is that the chairman is foreign so anything that came after is irrelevant, there is definitely a minority that wouldn't care what division were were in as long as the chairman was from Yorkshire.

Really? 

I didn't spent much time reading this section for a while. Was it the same under Milan?

10 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Really? 

I didn't spent much time reading this section for a while. Was it the same under Milan?

I often felt Milan got a lot of criticism, some of which was unfair, he didn't invest the massive amounts on players some people expected, but he left a very solid foundation. Maybe some people have issues with the Chairman's nationality/race? After all this is a fanbase that doesn't seem to understand what racism and the like is at times.

2 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

I often felt Milan got a lot of criticism, some of which was unfair, he didn't invest the massive amounts on players some people expected, but he left a very solid foundation. Maybe some people have issues with the Chairman's nationality/race? After all this is a fanbase that doesn't seem to understand what racism and the like is at times.

i thought mandaric did a great job and delivered exactly what he said he would when he 1st arrived .....i dont believe fans criticise chansiri just because of where he comes from .what makes you think that they do ?