Chansiri - Where is the line?

Let me start this by saying in terms of Owlstalk terminology I am very much in the 'Clapper' camp.

We all can see that Dejphon is, to quote Uncle Dave, 'chucking a few bob at it'. But equally, at the same time I would suggest that we can also see that he has something of the megalomaniac about him.

There are many pluses and minuses to his regime so far, for example:

- Top six, playoff defeated finailists.

- Ticket pricing / membership pricing / drive to increase number of ST holders

- Investment in wages and transfer fees, that covers so far the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Pudil. Abdi, Fletcher.

- The new SWFC crest (and removal of the old crest from the Kop seats).

- The new SWFC home kit (minimal stripes)

- Random squad numbers.

So my question is this: What has or would he need to do to cross the line to get to the point where you would say, no matter how much money DC has, he has gone too far, and therefore you would rather he goes?

This is not a Chansiri out thread, just an attempt to understand how far he would have to go for some (and like some other posters on here, I have heard some thoughts from those at the club, and there is a genuine concern that the main focus of delivering a Premier League team has so many side distractions from Chansiri himself that risk the stability of our Club), so I would be interested to know from the 'support at all cost' clan what would be step too far?

I generally support the changes at the club since the regime change. Even though I can't afford a membership or villa ticket this month when at 20 quidish I would have done. I just see that as the way football is going and I hope that next year I can have the lump sum in the summer to buy a ST. I suppose that's the positive, it's driving ST sales and getting people into the ground on a more consistent basis.

As for a direct answer to your question I was thinking a name change or major colour change. Even then though I could stomach a change back to The Wednesday FC (and DC does seem to stick broadly to SWFC tradition) but not the Sheffield Owls or any carp like that.

I would be disappointed if they changed the kit permanently to pin stripe or went no stripe at all but I'd still be generally in support of the regime. However, changing the kit to anything but blue would have me in major protest!

2 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

aving Nigel Farage's arse transplanted onto Barry Bannan's face, it would be unforgivable even if we win the Champions League

Cool, but by your statement you haven't ruled out having Farage's arse transplanted onto Moudu Sougu's face, so I still feel you have given a green light to this other than Bannan.

lol

Edited by DevOwls Advocate

38 minutes ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

Let me start this by saying in terms of Owlstalk terminology I am very much in the 'Clapper' camp.

We all can see that Dejphon is, to quote Uncle Dave, 'chucking a few bob at it'. But equally, at the same time I would suggest that we can also see that he has something of the megalomaniac about him.

There are many pluses and minuses to his regime so far, for example:

- Top six, playoff defeated finailists.

- Ticket pricing / membership pricing / drive to increase number of ST holders

- Investment in wages and transfer fees, that covers so far the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Pudil. Abdi, Fletcher.

- The new SWFC crest (and removal of the old crest from the Kop seats).

- The new SWFC home kit (minimal stripes)

- Random squad numbers.

So my question is this: What has or would he need to do to cross the line to get to the point where you would say, no matter how much money DC has, he has gone too far, and therefore you would rather he goes?

This is not a Chansiri out thread, just an attempt to understand how far he would have to go for some (and like some other posters on here, I have heard some thoughts from those at the club, and there is a genuine concern that the main focus of delivering a Premier League team has so many side distractions from Chansiri himself that risk the stability of our Club), so I would be interested to know from the 'support at all cost' clan what would be step too far?

When he appoints Chris Turner, gives him 500k to buy an entire new squad, and calls you a venomous b!tch.