Chansiri - Where is the line?

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I love Mr C.

The end.

ps - If he wants a bash at the Mrs that would be ok by me. As long as we get promoted like.

Yep, I'd offer him mine, Plus, I wouldn't be intimidated: doesn't strike me as a great lover....

anyway, point is he seems alright don't think he'd do anything ridiculous 

I don't understand the problem with anything he's done, apart from a bit too high on pay on the day prices. He changed the crest to respect our history and make privilege to our 150th year. I'm sorry some don't like the kit but others do. He's never going to change the colour of our team and has already said that. I really don't understand what people problem is. He's turning us into an actual footballing side and people complain about the kit design not being exactly how they would like. Well get over it. If it's in these shirts we win promotion you will all be scrambling to buy one.

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

sacking carvalhal if he doesnt get us up this season would push me over the edge......

really? what happens if we finish bottom half? or not even in play offs. I think we have a capable squad to get top 6- anything less and its a failure. 

I love CC and is the best manager we have had in years but if the team dont perform in relation to the investment being put in then someone is to blame. 

I dont believe any manager is unsackable unless you were Sir Alex Ferguson. 

Think a lot of fans will accept the new kit and prices if we are still doing well on the pitch.

If results trail off I think a few more will start getting disgruntled. If the story on the squad numbers is true that Chansiri picked them with his favourite players getting lucky Thai numbers interesting but not sure why anyone would get upset about it.

Moving stadium is a line in the sand for me. Would not say I would stop calling myself a Wednesdayite but would find it hard to go to games. Although habits of a lifetime are hard to break.

Changing name also a no no for me. Get feeling both wont happen but I would have said that about charging £42 for a seat on the Kop. I still cant get over that.

3 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

really? what happens if we finish bottom half? or not even in play offs. I think we have a capable squad to get top 6- anything less and its a failure. 

I love CC and is the best manager we have had in years but if the team dont perform in relation to the investment being put in then someone is to blame. 

I dont believe any manager is unsackable unless you were Sir Alex Ferguson. 

why give him a 3 year contract then .....the time to judge him is at the end off it .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

why give him a 3 year contract then .....the time to judge him is at the end off it .

same goes for any manager though. Would you rather we stuck with Jones? Because we would have been in League 1..... or Irvine.... or turner.... or yorath or any of the others. 

In my line of work if I am not hitting a specific target I know I am in trouble. Same for most jobs regardless of contract.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think a lot of fans will accept the new kit and prices if we are still doing well on the pitch.

If results trail off I think a few more will start getting disgruntled. If the story on the squad numbers is true that Chansiri picked them with his favourite players getting lucky Thai numbers interesting but not sure why anyone would get upset about it.

Moving stadium is a line in the sand for me. Would not say I would stop calling myself a Wednesdayite but would find it hard to go to games. Although habits of a lifetime are hard to break.

Changing name also a no no for me. Get feeling both wont happen but I would have said that about charging £42 for a seat on the Kop. I still cant get over that.

Even if we won the Prem title 3 times in a row I still wouldn't accept the kit. It's not a Wednesday shirt. As long as the home shirt is going to be this type of design I will be keeping my money in my pocket. If others did the same then we'd get the proper stripes back. 

5 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

same goes for any manager though. Would you rather we stuck with Jones? Because we would have been in League 1..... or Irvine.... or turner.... or yorath or any of the others. 

In my line of work if I am not hitting a specific target I know I am in trouble. Same for most jobs regardless of contract.

i dont know what your line of work is but if they gave you a 3 year contract i'd think you'd hope that they would honour it .....he proved last season he's a good manager if we hit a bad run and say lose 5 on the trot and drop down the table does that mean he's turned into a bad manager ....i believe given time and backing he'll get us promoted we know that changing managers every 18 months isnt successful i just hope chansiri knows that .

I don't like change. Full stop.

So things like the badge and shirt have annoyed me. Added to that the ticket prices and at times I have felt disillusioned.

Also, I can't say the Prem has that much appeal - it's like the Scottish Premiership in that, historically, a small number of clubs totally dominate. Whereas the championship is a bit more equal.

HOWEVER, Mr Chansiri does operate very logically in my opinion:

- Build a season ticket culture to stabilise attendances and revenue 

- Move the club on, in terms of the national picture, from the Hillsborough Disaster + decade and a half of failure - by changing the badge and kit

- Invest in a proper footballing culture by 1) researching what's out there through his advisors 2) appointing a relative unknown like CC

I expect the stadium will eventually be moved to increase revenue and move us on further. Again I won't like it emotionally but there will be a solid rationale behind it.

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i dont know what your line of work is but if they gave you a 3 year contract i'd think you'd hope that they would honour it .....he proved last season he's a good manager if we hit a bad run and say lose 5 on the trot and drop down the table does that mean he's turned into a bad manager ....i believe given time and backing he'll get us promoted we know that changing managers every 18 months isnt successful i just hope chansiri knows that .

i agree with you that he is a good manager. I dont want to see him go either. 

Dave Jones didnt turn into a bad manager over night either - or thats what he said- but he was dragging us down to League 1.

We have had 4 managers since 2012- and progressed every year since then- change is good when we are improving. 

Look at Arsene Wenger- he should have won a lot more trophies with what is available to him and he has been there for years. 

Changing or not changing is not really a problem and is blamed in my opinion.

I suppose the only thing's which would really bother me are:

A change to red a white stripes

A complete name change without any reference to our actual name

The prices being so, so expensive I couldn't afford to go

Anything else including a stadium move wouldn't bother me too much for too long.

3 minutes ago, CEOwl said:

I don't like change. Full stop.

So things like the badge and shirt have annoyed me. Added to that the ticket prices and at times I have felt disillusioned.

Also, I can't say the Prem has that much appeal - it's like the Scottish Premiership in that, historically, a small number of clubs totally dominate. Whereas the championship is a bit more equal.

HOWEVER, Mr Chansiri does operate very logically in my opinion:

- Build a season ticket culture to stabilise attendances and revenue 

- Move the club on, in terms of the national picture, from the Hillsborough Disaster + decade and a half of failure - by changing the badge and kit

- Invest in a proper footballing culture by 1) researching what's out there through his advisors 2) appointing a relative unknown like CC

I expect the stadium will eventually be moved to increase revenue and move us on further. Again I won't like it emotionally but there will be a solid rationale behind it.

Without a doubt

9 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

i agree with you that he is a good manager. I dont want to see him go either. 

Dave Jones didnt turn into a bad manager over night either - or thats what he said- but he was dragging us down to League 1.

We have had 4 managers since 2012- and progressed every year since then- change is good when we are improving. 

Look at Arsene Wenger- he should have won a lot more trophies with what is available to him and he has been there for years. 

Changing or not changing is not really a problem and is blamed in my opinion.

we'll have to disagree on sacking managers then coz we are poles apart in out views ..........as for wenger when the arse had the 2nd best budget he won many trophies that they have now dropped to 4th-5th best budget he doesnt win so many but they always finish in the top 4 why would the arsenal board sack a bloke with that record just because some new age modern fans who dont live in the real football world whinge that they cant match the richer clubs .