Chansiri - Where is the line?

8 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

I often felt Milan got a lot of criticism, some of which was unfair, he didn't invest the massive amounts on players some people expected, but he left a very solid foundation. Maybe some people have issues with the Chairman's nationality/race? After all this is a fanbase that doesn't seem to understand what racism and the like is at times.

Maybe some people like stripes and not having the highest ticket prices in the division. But also like Forestieri, Joao and Semedo.

I have seen no racism in this at all. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe some people like stripes and not having the highest ticket prices in the division. But also like Forestieri, Joao and Semedo.

I have seen no racism in this at all. 

If racism is the only thing the Chansiri sycophants can come up with.  It shows they've lost the argument.  Absoute crock of horseshit

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

what exactly constitutes a Chansiri sycophant..

going to games

not being resistant to all change

disagreeing with you. ????.

i think it means believing he can do no wrong .........some have aired the view that they dont care what he does just as long as he gets us up ,i dont hold that view but that doesnt mean i'm a chansiri hater ....he gets the utmost praise from me for hiring carvalhal and building a very good side but some of his off field decisions  i'll never agree with no matter how successful we are .

On 5 August 2016 at 13:22, torryowl said:

i strongly disagreed when those three were sacked and was furious when megson went just as i would be if carvalhal got the pull but it wouldnt stop me from supporting the club .....i'm a strong believer in giving a manager time to build a side and 12-18 months just isnt long enough in my opinion .....probably our greatest manager was here 5 years before he had any success and it also took big jack 2 years to build a side neither of them would be given anything like that these days .....think it was you who mentioned fergie look how successful he was but it took him years to get it how he wanted it but his board backed him and we know the rest .

Did you go to any home games under Gray? 

You would understand why he had to go of you did

1 minute ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Did you go to any home games under Gray? 

You would understand why he had to go of you did

gray did a very good job with what he had at his disposal .......if carlos had the same team i doubt he'd get then any higher in the league than gray did.......

Just now, torryowl said:

gray did a very good job with what he had at his disposal .......if carlos had the same team i doubt he'd get then any higher in the league than gray did.......

He'd buy 12 defenders lolNice guy but not a manager, far too defensive. I hated home games when he was in charge, even when I count make it nobody wanted my ST. Some of his away games were OK.

He'd buy 12 defenders lolNice guy but not a manager, far too defensive. I hated home games when he was in charge, even when I count make it nobody wanted my ST. Some of his away games were OK.

i prefer to think he played to what few strengths we had ........i'd like to see carlos play the way he does with the likes of coke and prutton running the midfield with lavery and nuhiu terrifying the opposites up front .

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i prefer to think he played to what few strengths we had ........i'd like to see carlos play the way he does with the likes of coke and prutton running the midfield with lavery and nuhiu terrifying the opposites up front .

He went because DC couldn't trust him with big money. 

Thankfully the days of driving 2hrs to a match to watch paint dry has gone

He went because DC couldn't trust him with big money. 

Thankfully the days of driving 2hrs to a match to watch paint dry has gone

fair enough ..i can understand chansiri getting shot of him because he wasnt the one who gave him the contract and he'd want his own man in ..........my post about giving managers time to get the job done is that if a bloke gives someone a contract then the time to judge him is at the end of it .....we rave about carvalhal coz he's a good manager if we lose the 1st 5 games this season that doesnt mean he's suddenly become a bad manager but if we did some would be calling for his head i would hope that chansiri wouldnt be one of them but i wouldnt bet on it .

Name and Colour I would say. An owl is and owl at the end the day even it does look the Owls is smashed off his t*ts.

RE the stripes thingy, does it really matter? Not for me, every now and again what's the issue with spicing things up? 

If he changes our colours to anything other than Blue and White.

Replaces the badge with the national bird of Thailand etc. 

Changes our name like Hull City owner tried to do.

Bring's In a load of Thailand player's and managers and we slip down leagues. 

Definitely a strand of "anti-foreigner" amongst some of our supporters.

MM when he didn't chuck as much in as some thought he would.. Look back at the posts/posters last year re. CC and also an element in some of the DC rantings.

By no means anyone who is critical but definitely an issue for some on here.

Milan always said he would leave the club in a better state than what found it in, despite the fact it would have been difficult to have been any worse and a close shave with Mammadov Milan kept his word...

Can't say I've ever heard Mr C give the same assurance and that is where a slight concern is for me...

If we don't go up this season and have a poor one next year (for whatever reasons), the fact he has mortgaged some of year 3's income means we could really suffer especially if he decides he's spent enough...

It's a gamble, and like most gambles it can be very exciting at times but it can also have serious consequences...

can't you tell I'm not a gambler... lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Well it has probably cost him about 55 million of his own money up to now. So I don't really know what the line is that will make people a bit happier. 

Perhaps 100 million might do it.

Edited by oldishowl

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

fair enough ..i can understand chansiri getting shot of him because he wasnt the one who gave him the contract and he'd want his own man in ..........my post about giving managers time to get the job done is that if a bloke gives someone a contract then the time to judge him is at the end of it .....we rave about carvalhal coz he's a good manager if we lose the 1st 5 games this season that doesnt mean he's suddenly become a bad manager but if we did some would be calling for his head i would hope that chansiri wouldnt be one of them but i wouldnt bet on it .

There's a big difference though. If Carlos has a bad run of games, would hope DC wouldn't have an itchy trigger because he clearly is a fantastic manager/ coach/ personality etc. The others we've endured, with the odd exception, were clearly not up to it and quite rightly given the sack.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Definitely a strand of "anti-foreigner" amongst some of our supporters.

MM when he didn't chuck as much in as some thought he would.. Look back at the posts/posters last year re. CC and also an element in some of the DC rantings.

By no means anyone who is critical but definitely an issue for some on here.

Not just me who has seen it then...