Chansiri or Ashley

24 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Chansiri seems to be revered by most of our fans. Ashley is reviled by many Newcastle fans. Yet Newcastle has had far greater investment, lower ticket prices, kept its stripes and badge and attracts excellent players and a world renowned manager. Any comments?

It wasn't that long ago that Newcastle fans were moaning about lack of investment in players by Premier standards. Obviously PPs and player sales have fuelled a spending spree this summer.

37 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Chansiri seems to be revered by most of our fans. Ashley is reviled by many Newcastle fans. Yet Newcastle has had far greater investment, lower ticket prices, kept its stripes and badge and attracts excellent players and a world renowned manager. Any comments?

Was it you playing in net against Benfica?

'Far bigger investment' - that's a bit harsh. Chansiri is in his second year. Ashley has had Newcastle for around a decade. Let's give Chansiri a few more years before we judge him on that. Plus the real investment is not likely to come until we are promoted, as he is conscientious about ffp and running us as a viable business. He's not exactly been tight with the transfer funds so far anyway. Hooper, Forestieri, Matias, Jaoa, Abdi, whatever Fletcher's wages are..

Personally I like the new kit. Much more contemporary and bottom line is it is still blue and white. It's not as though he's done a Vincent Tan on us and changed colour. 

Ashely has also made a lot of dodgy decisions e.g Joe Kinnear managing with Dennis Wise director if football.

He sells their best players time after time then fails to replace them and has alienated the fan base.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the comparison is a fair one. Give Chansiri time. Been a lot more positive than negative under his watch so far.

44 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Yeah. Pointless post 

1 hour ago, folger said:

I haven't met Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair or Robert Mugabe that doesn't stop me forming a well informed opinion on them.

Id love to know what you point of view on this individual would be if you worked for him or worse yet if you or your spouse had being forced to give birth in a warehouse toilet out of fear of being sacked from your below minimum wage job.

Yeah ok. I have met him, and im regularly at shirebrook. But you go ahead and believe the sensationalist garbage the press churns out.

Basically a club the size of Newcastle should not have been relegated from the PL twice under the ownership of Ashley. He buys players, sells them for profit and doesn't reinvest, just lines his pockets. He's shelled out a bit this Summer on players but will still be in profit after they sell the likes of Sissoko to add to the sale of Townsend and the rest.