Chansiri or Ashley

38 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

That's really silly. Ashley has never taken a penny out of the club.

Directly or indirectly?

Do you perhaps want to qualify that comment?

He's sitting on a pretty sum of wonga there; be it through advantageous use of advertising, or indeed the loans he's facilitated, or the assets he can strip, or the gains if he sells on to another investor, or perhaps the alleged nefarious issues of salaried roles for cronies.

Etc etc.

I have no love for the man (Ashley) though I felt some of the recent headlines were sensationalist and not that different to what goes on up and down the country.

I know a couple of people in that world who had dealings with him in the 80's and 90's who would call him 'questionable' at best but what billionaire hasn't put a few noses out of joint to get there.

His biggest problem is that he just comes across as a wee wee tail, you don't need to know someone to make an assumption of them based on what you do know. The fella might be salt o' the earth and all that but I can't help having my opinion that he seems like a wee wee tail.

In terms of the better chairman, let's not jump to conclusions. Granted Ashley has made some very very bad decisions at Toon but it's funny how chairman can get away with pretty much whatever they want while you are winning.

If people don't see continuing improvement from Wednesday it will suddenly be all about the fact that other clubs have spent more, he said 'whatever it takes', changed the shirt because he fancied it, hasn't redeveloped Hillsborough, foreign owner, purely a businessman and so on and so on. 

Football fans are a fickle bunch, we love our chairman now but let's not assume that when the dust settles we will all be hailing Chansiri. He might just turn out to be our very own 'Mike Ashley'.

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

Right i'm gunna keep this short and sweet, he's a ruthless C**t who doesn't care who he destroys or ruins, this is fact and comes from testimonies from hundreds of his ex agency staff in Ayrshire In Scotland. Also his dealings and attempted intimidation of the SFA and Rangers, his scams and dodgy dealings regarding certain retail contracts that i cant go into as they will be in court soon, and he will get his big fat arse handed to him again.......I suggest some people educate themselves with fatties "tactics" north of the border and in his sweatshops

That is all....

(i'm done with this subject as I don't want Owlstalk to end up in bother due to me, he loves sending his lawyers out :biggrin:)

Do they read Owlstalk?

16 minutes ago, steveger said:

Right i'm gunna keep this short and sweet, he's a ruthless C**t who doesn't care who he destroys or ruins, this is fact and comes from testimonies from hundreds of his ex agency staff in Ayrshire In Scotland. Also his dealings and attempted intimidation of the SFA and Rangers, his scams and dodgy dealings regarding certain retail contracts that i cant go into as they will be in court soon, and he will get his big fat arse handed to him again.......I suggest some people educate themselves with fatties "tactics" north of the border and in his sweatshops

That is all....

(i'm done with this subject as I don't want Owlstalk to end up in bother due to me, he loves sending his lawyers out :biggrin:)

Yep. He's like every billionaire on the planet. Some just hide it better than others.

And I wonder how many Chicken Of The Sea staff feel valued and have great working conditions? 

Edited by londonowl

4 hours ago, Furious George said:

Ashley has the benefit of slave labour as well. 

Thai Union and the Chansiri family are far from whiter than white in respect of slave labour, human trafficking and environmental exploitation. Be careful before going down that route.

Guest Theboylangers

As we stand, I don't think we can compare Ashley with Chansiri. Time will tell of course. 

There seems to be some sort of agenda from the OP which has led to some quite unpleasant exchanges on here. 

Whilst the debate is interesting regarding Ashley, Chansiri so far has done what he said he will do. Invest in the club and make us promotion contenders. 

In that sense, I'd take Chansiri all day long as Owner of the club. 

However, I'm old enough to see that failure to deliver on perceived promises that are very difficult and unpredictable to achieve could see it all come crashing down for Chansiri.

I need a lie down after typing all that.

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

As we stand, I don't think we can compare Ashley with Chansiri. Time will tell of course. 

There seems to be some sort of agenda from the OP which has led to some quite unpleasant exchanges on here. 

Whilst the debate is interesting regarding Ashley, Chansiri so far has done what he said he will do. Invest in the club and make us promotion contenders. 

However, I'm old enough to see that failure to deliver on perceived promises that are very difficult and unpredictable to achieve could see it all come crashing down for Chansiri.

I need to lie down after reading it.

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

But it isn't all about being promotion contenders etc. With the squad Newcastle are assembling and the manager they have they look a great bet for promotion. If Newcastle manage to go up and we don't does that automatically make Ashley the better chairman? 

Guest Theboylangers
7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But it isn't all about being promotion contenders etc. With the squad Newcastle are assembling and the manager they have they look a great bet for promotion. If Newcastle manage to go up and we don't does that automatically make Ashley the better chairman? 

No it doesn't. It means that Ashley has got more resources (cash) than Chansiri to fund a promotion push. 

There is no easy answer to this question but I'm happy with the improvement Chansiri has delivered over the past 18 months or so. 

Conversely, Newcastle fans would argue that Ashley has mis-managed the club to the point of relegation, regardless of the amount spent on managers, transfer fees etc. 

I don't think you can level that same accusation at Chansiri just yet. 

5 hours ago, Del_Liles said:

In the last 3 years Newcastle have spent £146million on transfer bringing players into the club.

They are in the 2nd tier of English football, with a manager that was at the richest sports franchise in the world last season and a chairman that was close to facing criminal charges in court last month. Mismatch? 

In the last 5 years its hard to name a club who have made worse transfers decisions than they have, even more so considering the amount of money they have spent (£75million last season alone and they were relegated). 

Huge fan base, huge stadium, huge expectations, failure to deliver on every single level.

I don't even have to comment on Chansiri to know who i'd rather have.

Source http://www.transferleague.co.uk/newcastle-united/english-football-teams/newcastle-united-transfers

Only one plus allowed I think. Stop talking sense man will ya please.

1 hour ago, F. Spiksley said:

Directly or indirectly?

Do you perhaps want to qualify that comment?

He's sitting on a pretty sum of wonga there; be it through advantageous use of advertising, or indeed the loans he's facilitated, or the assets he can strip, or the gains if he sells on to another investor, or perhaps the alleged nefarious issues of salaried roles for cronies.

Etc etc.

shut up spiksley. you know what you're talking spouting about about mate.

P.s. Your nicker aint Sputch is it ??

Edited by cognacbarnowl

In 18 months Dejphon Chansiri has taken Sheffield Wednesday further than anyone has in the last 16+ years. Since Mike Ashley has been in control at Newcastle they have done what exactly? Win the Championship and end up back there. Its not a difficult choice is it?