Chansiri or Ashley

49 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

shut up spiksley. you know what you're talking spouting about about mate.

P.s. Your nicker aint Sputch is it ??

Classy response.

I see you've backed up your point in a radical new way.

We'll done. That's some effort.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

There's a few things that Chansiri does that pees me off but on the whole he had been superb since he came to the club.  To compare him to that cretin Mike Ashley is just absurd!!

6 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Ashley and Chansiri are both encountering controversy with their businesses though, Tescos's are withdrawing John West tuna from the shelves over their fishing methods and most other supermarkets are expected to follow suit.

Herein lies the huge dilemma that Dejphon Chansiri has caused me. Of course I want the investment, the classy players, the high quality football and a promotion challenge. But at what cost?

Some of the practices that have been linked to Thai Union and the Chansiri family are utterly despicable. It is the money partially raised through these practices that are now funding our football club. Some of the practices are only alleged but some are proven. Many do not make pretty reading at all. 

I cannot support or like the people associated with slave labour, child labour, inhumane conditions and torture. Some of the allegations widely published in the public domain include reports of Thai Union financing rings that supply trafficked human beings. The same rings that not only traffic people for slave labour but also traffic into the sex trade on the streets of Bangkok or children into the Phillipines  to serve the needs of filthy paedophile sex tourists.

9 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

what i would like to know is why you been a member on here 7 years but only gobbing off now ??

steveger is well respected on here.

This will be my last comment, because it is obvious to me, some on here would prefer this to be a closed shop when others dont share their views, however informed they may be. I havent "gobbed off" at anyone, no personal attacks, no insults. I was merely putting my point across that Ashley isnt as bad as everyone makes out. At no point did i say I would prefer him to DC. 

Not exactly a flounce, just a thanks but no thanks, enjoy your clique.

On 5 August 2016 at 01:42, ChinaOwl said:

Herein lies the huge dilemma that Dejphon Chansiri has caused me. Of course I want the investment, the classy players, the high quality football and a promotion challenge. But at what cost?

Some of the practices that have been linked to Thai Union and the Chansiri family are utterly despicable. It is the money partially raised through these practices that are now funding our football club. Some of the practices are only alleged but some are proven. Many do not make pretty reading at all. 

I cannot support or like the people associated with slave labour, child labour, inhumane conditions and torture. Some of the allegations widely published in the public domain include reports of Thai Union financing rings that supply trafficked human beings. The same rings that not only traffic people for slave labour but also traffic into the sex trade on the streets of Bangkok or children into the Phillipines  to serve the needs of filthy paedophile sex tourists.

If that's actually true it's a no-brainer but I've read nothing like it before. 

On 5 August 2016 at 10:47, AviatorOwl said:

This will be my last comment, because it is obvious to me, some on here would prefer this to be a closed shop when others dont share their views, however informed they may be. I havent "gobbed off" at anyone, no personal attacks, no insults. I was merely putting my point across that Ashley isnt as bad as everyone makes out. At no point did i say I would prefer him to DC. 

Not exactly a flounce, just a thanks but no thanks, enjoy your clique.

You have to learn you can't say anything that implies any sort of criticism or Chansiri. In fact if you think he's more than a step down from Lord God Almighty they will be after you. 

45 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You have to learn you can't say anything that implies any sort of criticism or Chansiri. In fact if you think he's more than a step down from Lord God Almighty they will be after you. 

And you have to learn that you don't have to go "against the grain" to be cool.

As a football fan, and that's all we are on here, you can't honestly argue that his tenure so far has been bad...

All this bickering is as sad as poo poo

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Always look on the brig...oh wait scrap that it's much more fun fearing the worse lol

10 minutes ago, noddyowl said:

And you have to learn that you don't have to go "against the grain" to be cool.

As a football fan, and that's all we are on here, you can't honestly argue that his tenure so far has been bad...

All this bickering is as sad as poo poo

So shut up then!

lol

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 01:42, ChinaOwl said:

you need to back this up or go away

5 hours ago, waynecoyne14 said:

you need to back this up or go away

Everything is in the public domain and freely accessible. A simple Google search opens takes you there. I used the words "allegations" because that's what much of it is but the reports come from pretty reputable sources in four different continents. 

I would also like to point out that I do not believe Dejphon Chansiri is directly connected with any of it. DC's business interests are different. He is more connected to the construction industry. But it is well known that the wealth he has accumulated has included cash and equity in the family business that has been gifted to him and undoubtedly used to fund his other business interests.

My stance on the matter is my stance alone. I am not trying to force them on anyone else. I am pleased with everything that is happening at the club and I am unconcerned with the cosmetic changes that he has made. I will continue to enjoy the progress made on and off the field even if I hold reservations regarding the non footballing issues that lay behind the Chansiri family.

If others want to ignore or overlook the stigma attached to Thai Union and the Thai fishing industry in general and focus entirely on the football, I have no issue with that either. The only reason why I raised it this thread and what I see as sanctimonious attacks on Ashley's business methods (I do not support that either but it pales into insignificance compared to some of the allegations made against Thai Union).

• Like 1