Chansiri or Ashley

Chansiri seems to be revered by most of our fans. Ashley is reviled by many Newcastle fans. Yet Newcastle has had far greater investment, lower ticket prices, kept its stripes and badge and attracts excellent players and a world renowned manager. Any comments?

• Haha 2

That's a good question (although I'm not too concerned about the stripes and badge), although I'm not sure it's altogether a like for like comparison. Ashley has had the benefit of Premiership or parachute payments during his tenure at Newcastle - making his 'investment' seem considerable. I sometimes think Ashley gets unfair criticism for how he runs Newcastle - mainly due etc the somewhat unrealistic expectations of their fans. I'm happy with Chansiri at the minute to be fair as he's doing more right than wrong in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, curren said:

Sky money from Premier league 

The end

Didn't he invest 134 million to buy the club on 2007 and then had 'significant' debts to pay off too? Also he doesn't need to reinvest the sky money if he wanted to increase his personal wealth.

In the last 3 years Newcastle have spent £146million on transfer bringing players into the club.

They are in the 2nd tier of English football, with a manager that was at the richest sports franchise in the world last season and a chairman that was close to facing criminal charges in court last month. Mismatch? 

In the last 5 years its hard to name a club who have made worse transfers decisions than they have, even more so considering the amount of money they have spent (£75million last season alone and they were relegated). 

Huge fan base, huge stadium, huge expectations, failure to deliver on every single level.

I don't even have to comment on Chansiri to know who i'd rather have.

Source http://www.transferleague.co.uk/newcastle-united/english-football-teams/newcastle-united-transfers

23 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Chansiri seems to be revered by most of our fans. Ashley is reviled by many Newcastle fans. Yet Newcastle has had far greater investment, lower ticket prices, kept its stripes and badge and attracts excellent players and a world renowned manager. Any comments?

Newcastle have been relegated on two separate occasions under Ashely's watch. 

He's invested by and large in up and coming players, some of whom have turned out to be decent, and then sold onto other clubs for profit. 

He renamed St James Park for a period @Sports Direct. 

His huge investment has stemmed from Premier League TV money. 

Finally: 

F*ck off.