Squad Numbers

Just now, Sean Watson said:

Let's hope that continues aye! 

We will have a better idea once he's been here a while ........hope you are right and he is remembered for bringing the club back to the top.

He's doing it so far. Put his money where his mouth is.

And as for folk slating him for being a control freak. If you bought a house would you be happy who chose  bathroom tiles/ wallpaper/ furniture etc? His money and he knows what he wants. Some things are a bit weird to some of us, but in reality it's not our choice. If he delivers what he promises then I for one will be happy in my 70s retro shirt lol

The club has been run down for years and folk there have just sat and watched it crumble.

Seen some posters moaning about people leaving the club. If I was in charge I'd have interviewed em all and if they

'd not come up with a valid excuse they'd have had my boot up their arse. Would love to have a word with the shop bloke/ Mrs for a start 

6 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

So what does that mean then? You're writing a letter of protest? You're boycotting the fixtures? You no longer support the club? According to you our chairman has now crossed the line, and?

But it seems criticise is all you do, when was the last time you actually praised something the chairman did? You criticised the ticket pricing over and over and over (and in fairness out of respect for the terrific job you do covering the U21/youth teams I respected you had a right to be upset at being out of pocket so privately offered to help). You criticised over and over about the kit and the badge unless I'm remembering wrongly? Now with the squad numbers page after page of the 28 (so far) pages is you criticising and moaning and whinging, over and over and over.

Why can't you find something positive and embrace that? It'll make you feel better trust me.

I've praised a lot Chansiri has done - playing squad, ground improvements, academy improvements.

I get the impression folk thing I'm completely anti-Chansiri, which is not the case - I'll praise him when he makes a good decision and criticise him when he makes a bad one - as I have with every chairman I can remember. The positives from Dave Allen's reign were pretty non-existent compared to Chansiri...

Just now, KivoOwl said:

I've praised a lot Chansiri has done - playing squad, ground improvements, academy improvements.

I get the impression folk thing I'm completely anti-Chansiri, which is not the case - I'll praise him when he makes a good decision and criticise him when he makes a bad one - as I have with every chairman I can remember. The positives from Dave Allen's reign were pretty non-existent compared to Chansiri...

Tbf Tha's done nowt but moan for last month

Just now, KivoOwl said:

Fair enough, and like I said you such amazing stuff with the dev/youth coverage that I'll always hold respect for your opinion.

17 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Has Corbyn changed the squad numbers as well?

Angela Eagle got the 666 shirt?

David Cameron has just released a statement about us, he's blaming Dave Allen for the squad numbers and he also looking forward to our opening game against West Ham

9 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Try to be more balanced Kivo as your voice of criticism is far louder than your voice of praise

That you can't deny is true.

YOU'RE telling ME to be more balanced :laugh:

Your voice of criticism is non-existent.

Edited by KivoOwl

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Some people are baffled that anyone cares about squad numbers.

I'm baffled that people DON'T care about squad numbers given the way they have been assigned.

I'm even more baffled by the over the top reaction TOWARDS those who do care about squad numbers.

The vitriol aimed at anyone who so much as hints at disagreeing with Chansiri is getting alarming.

We get it, some people don't care about numbers. Well some have a different opinion. That doesn't entitle you to tell them to get a life/get a job/grow up/have a word with themselves/stop posting. That's what 12 year old's do.

Drama queen

Karpman used triangles to map conflicted or drama-intense relationship transactions.[2] The Karpman Drama Triangle models the connection between personal responsibility and power in conflicts, and the destructive and shifting roles people play.[4] He defined three roles in the conflict; Persecutor, Rescuer (the one up positions) and Victim (one down position). Karpman placed these three roles on an inverted triangle and referred to them as being the three aspects, or faces of drama. Karpman, who had interests in acting and was a member of the Screen Actors Guild, chose the term "drama triangle" rather than the term "conflict triangle" as the Victim in his model is not intended to represent an actual victim, but rather someone feeling or acting like a victim.[2]

1. The Victim: The Victim's stance is "Poor me!" The Victim feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed, and seems unable to make decisions, solve problems, take pleasure in life, or achieve insight. The Victim, if not being persecuted, will seek out a Persecutor and also a Rescuer who will save the day but also perpetuate the Victim's negative feelings.
  2. The Rescuer: 
    220px-Karpman_drama_triangle-2.png

Karpman drama triangle
    The rescuer's line is "Let me help you." A classic enabler, the Rescuer feels guilty if he/she doesn't go to the rescue. Yet his/her rescuing has negative effects: It keeps the Victim dependent and gives the Victim permission to fail. The rewards derived from this rescue role are that the focus is taken off of the rescuer. When he/she focuses their energy on someone else, it enables them to ignore their own anxiety and issues. This rescue role is also very pivotal because their actual primary interest is really an avoidance of their own problems disguised as concern for the victim’s needs.
  3. The Persecutor: The Persecutor insists, "It's all your fault." The Persecutor is controlling, blaming, critical, oppressive, angry, authoritative, rigid, and superio

23 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Yes if you praise him as loudly for the things he does what you perceive to good, as loudly as you do for what you perceive to bad that would be better.

Otherwise it's looking like you have an agenda against the owner.

You need to balance it out more.

And the same goes for you and all the others who have backed everything Chansiri has done.

It just looks like you're sucking up to him because we've got a decent team.

You need to balance it out more.

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Karpman used triangles to map conflicted or drama-intense relationship transactions.[2] The Karpman Drama Triangle models the connection between personal responsibility and power in conflicts, and the destructive and shifting roles people play.[4] He defined three roles in the conflict; Persecutor, Rescuer (the one up positions) and Victim (one down position). Karpman placed these three roles on an inverted triangle and referred to them as being the three aspects, or faces of drama. Karpman, who had interests in acting and was a member of the Screen Actors Guild, chose the term "drama triangle" rather than the term "conflict triangle" as the Victim in his model is not intended to represent an actual victim, but rather someone feeling or acting like a victim.[2]

1. The Victim: The Victim's stance is "Poor me!" The Victim feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed, and seems unable to make decisions, solve problems, take pleasure in life, or achieve insight. The Victim, if not being persecuted, will seek out a Persecutor and also a Rescuer who will save the day but also perpetuate the Victim's negative feelings.
  2. The Rescuer: 
    220px-Karpman_drama_triangle-2.png

Karpman drama triangle
    The rescuer's line is "Let me help you." A classic enabler, the Rescuer feels guilty if he/she doesn't go to the rescue. Yet his/her rescuing has negative effects: It keeps the Victim dependent and gives the Victim permission to fail. The rewards derived from this rescue role are that the focus is taken off of the rescuer. When he/she focuses their energy on someone else, it enables them to ignore their own anxiety and issues. This rescue role is also very pivotal because their actual primary interest is really an avoidance of their own problems disguised as concern for the victim’s needs.
  3. The Persecutor: The Persecutor insists, "It's all your fault." The Persecutor is controlling, blaming, critical, oppressive, angry, authoritative, rigid, and superio

Is that a chapter from Carvalhal's book?

Can't wait until he signs Karpman. He seems like a cracking attacker.

:manager:

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

How important is a badge?
How important is a kit?

How important are numbers?
How important is a nickname?
How important is a club name?

They're all tied up in tradition and identity. For some people, changing the club name would be the straw that broke the camel's back. For others, changing the badge is too much. Different opinions don't deserve to criticised because they are different.

We can be known for exhilarating football and for being a family club without having to meddle with harmless traditions.

Playing a 2-3-5 formation was a tradition we scrapped because keeping it would have had an impact on our results - understandable.
Giving certain numbers to certain positions is a tradition we've kept because it has no impact on results.

Traditions give a sense of something to identify with - if they don't cause any harm there's no need to change them.

I'm struggling to understand how you believe changing squad numbers somehow moves us away from the Hillsborough Disaster.

Over our history we've had different badges, kit colours, designs no numbers then 1 to 11 then squad numbers, different nicknames and even changed our name.

Things change all except you of course you're just a moaning two@t. 

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

I'm far more balanced that you will ever be. I suggest your views and posts on Chansiri are 90% negative

You mention you praised him for ground improvement, investment in the team.

Are you trying to suggest you have posted to excess about those things like you have ticket prices, shirts and squad numbers?

I think we all know the answer to that.

You mentioned you criticised him over ticket prices - are you trying to suggest you posted to excess about it like you did positively about new badge/shirt/numbers?

Some people like to defend everything the chairman does, some people like to question everything he does.

I'm one of the latter. Simple as that.

Just now, S_W_F_C said:

Go and find my excessive posts about the badge or shirts. You won't as they really don't bother me.

In addition go and look at my views on the POTG prices against Villa.

You have an agenda against the club you propose to adore. That is very disappointing.

There is a positivity thread. Go and post your life away in that, and do it to the excessive amounts you do on the perceived negative things. I look forward to reading them

People alleging that you must have an agenda if you dare to question some of the chairmans decision making - that is far a more disappointing trait that has become more prevalent on here. And all because we've got a half-decent football team.

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

You mentioned you criticised him over ticket prices - are you trying to suggest you posted to excess about it like you did positively about new badge/shirt/numbers?

Some people like to defend everything the chairman does, some people like to question everything he does.

I'm one of the latter. Simple as that.

Were you questioning his predecessors?

Someone with no affinity to the the club comes in with a bagful of cash and you want "to question everything he does"

There definitely appears to be an anti Chansiri agenda and I wonder why.  Please explain more

The stick that Kivo is taking is embarrassing. I think that the numbering is weird but I'm not that bothered.

Kivo is unhappy about it and is totally entitled to that opinion. He has voiced concern about things that bother him, so what? That's what this forum is about isn't it?

Edited by markg

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

People alleging that you must have an agenda if you dare to question some of the chairmans decision making - that is far a more disappointing trait that has become more prevalent on here. And all because we've got a half-decent football team.

Can you think of anything positive you feel about swfc?