Squad Numbers

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

S we don't want to be like those teams then...do you yearn for Gillingham, Wycome and the blunts

you like me have seen it time after time .....we go up we tread water the unrest follows ....60s 80s 90s everytime ..............do i want us to be like gillingham? no i dont but i know a lot of us older fans say the best time following the club was the mid 70s ,i dont recall to many pining for the late 60s80s90s even though we were a top flight club .

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you like me have seen it time after time .....we go up we tread water the unrest follows ....60s 80s 90s everytime ..............do i want us to be like gillingham? no i dont but i know a lot of us older fans say the best time following the club was the mid 70s ,i dont recall to many pining for the late 60s80s90s even though we were a top flight club .

And you know the reason why we did when we got there...we were a club run by ten bob millionaires who, instead of backing our mangers when we were on the up decided to leave the money in their pocket so we never progressed...that's why Catterick and Wilkinson left us and won the title with their new teams. I can't see DC doing that he'll go for it should we ever be in that position again. And he said that he wanted his lad to take over from him so he's not here for a quick buck is he ?

9 minutes ago, Holmes said:

So you don't want us to get us in the Premier as an established club? Just so he doesn't make money?

You would rather stop in the Championship and let him throw millions at trying to get in the Premiership but fail each season? Is that what you want?

now where have i said that or intimated that i want him to fail ?........do you think i'd splash 880 quid since january  on season tickets hoping that we and chansir crash.

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I think you will be surprised how many of the 20 premier league teams actually turn a profit.

2014/15

Which bit is surprising?

pandl.png

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And you know the reason why we did when we got there...we were a club run by ten bob millionaires who, instead of backing our mangers when we were on the up decided to leave the money in their pocket so we never progressed...that's why Catterick and Wilkinson left us and won the title with their new teams. I can't see DC doing that he'll go for it should we ever be in that position again. And he said that he wanted his lad to take over from him so he's not here for a quick buck is he ?

i'm sure he wants to be here for a very long time .... he'd be a fool not to with the money he can earn if we get established .

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

So consider what he must spend to get there 5 clubs make losses and another 5 make less than 10m.

Its hardly like he'd be raking it in is he. 

All of those clubs will see an increase in TV money of unprecedented amounts since those figures were announced

Guest Deleted member

Makes you wonder why anybody would want to own a football club doesnt it.

All of those generous benefactors. I can see where the hero worship comes from now

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

And they will be spending in unprecedented money on wages and fees. It's the players that are the winners

do you seriously believe businessmen like the yanks that own  man utd and liverpool dont make money on the back of it ....randy lerner lost interest in villa years ago but still just sat there taking his wedge  and and let the club drift downwards until selling it for a huge profit .those russians who bought bournemouth for next to nowt are now creaming it in ...our bloke mandaric as made multi millions out of football .......you'd be very naive if you thought foreign investors did it for the love of the club .

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

do you seriously believe businessmen like the yanks that own  man utd and liverpool dont make money on the back of it ....randy lerner lost interest in villa years ago but still just sat there taking his wedge  and and let the club drift downwards until selling it for a huge profit .those russians who bought bournemouth for next to nowt are now creaming it in ...our bloke mandaric as made multi millions out of football .......you'd be very naive if you thought foreign investors did it for the love of the club .

I'm sorry i don't quite understand your stance here, for DC to earn millions we have to reach the PL and become established, surely that's what we all wan't..................don't we?

So if we do that who would begrudge him making money.............he's happy, we're happy. 

Just now, Corneliusreeve said:

I'm sorry i don't quite understand your stance here, for DC to earn millions we have to reach the PL and become established, surely that's what we all wan't..................don't we?

So if we do that who would begrudge him making money.............he's happy, we're happy. 

of course your right ......but will we be happy treading water in mid table for years on end ....we never have been in the past .

28 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

The football clubs are a massive advertising tool as the prem is the biggest and best league in the world.

The spin offs are the attraction. The football side of it isn't where the biggest slice of the pie is.

Why have the Dubai royal family bought city? Make money or advertise Dubai?

When did that happen? Thought it was Abu dhabi..

Ah so we are now going to back the owners "motivations", as in the fact that Chansiri might fancy making a few bob out of the club is a bad thing. 

Milan use to get beaten with a similar stick, despite the fact that he turned us around at our lowest ebb. 

Perhaps Milan wasn't as "hands on" as Mr C, but I remember him getting unreal amounts of stick for sacking Megson when he did. 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

of course your right ......but will we be happy treading water in mid table for years on end ....we never have been in the past .

I'm sorry I might be being a bit thick here but i still don't understand, ultimately and realistically were would you like to see us established PL or championship?