Squad Numbers

Just now, Paolo Di Catio said:

Were you questioning his predecessors?

Someone with no affinity to the the club comes in with a bagful of cash and you want "to question everything he does"

There definitely appears to be an anti Chansiri agenda and I wonder why.  Please explain more

Yes I did question his predecessors. And I will question anyone that comes in after Chansiri too, irrespective of how good a team they assemble. As I posted two pages ago -

" I can remember when Mandaric took over, the amount of posts in the Boardroom section just plummeted overnight - people had obviously moaned for that long (10 years at the time) that when we finally got our takeover they let out a sigh of relief and let Mandaric get on with it. I remember posting that, no matter how good it got, we should still be free to question and criticise, and that it would do Mandaric the world of good to listen to/take action on fans' worries.

It should be no different under Chansiri - we shouldn't just let him do whatever he wants - regardless of how much money he puts in. In a business sense of course it's his club, but in every other sense it's ours. "

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Yes I did question his predecessors. And I will question anyone that comes in after Chansiri too, irrespective of how good a team they assemble. As I posted two pages ago -

" I can remember when Mandaric took over, the amount of posts in the Boardroom section just plummeted overnight - people had obviously moaned for that long (10 years at the time) that when we finally got our takeover they let out a sigh of relief and let Mandaric get on with it. I remember posting that, no matter how good it got, we should still be free to question and criticise, and that it would do Mandaric the world of good to listen to/take action on fans' worries.

It should be no different under Chansiri - we shouldn't just let him do whatever he wants - regardless of how much money he puts in. In a business sense of course it's his club, but in every other sense it's ours. "

Personally willing to accept some changes if it means a successful side who I enjoy watching. In my opinion he has done nothing drastic like changed us to red stripes or changing the clubs name. Not too arsed about the numbers, they're just numbers. The kit i'm not too happy about, I think it looks nice, but it is not Sheffield Wednesday.

If all this was happening and we finished last season mid table or bottom half then I would be annoyed, but we're not. He's investing on and off the pitch and creating a side I can be proud of. I've spent my entire life turning up to Hillsborough either pulling my hair out or bored out my brains, i'm not anymore.

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

I think you could at least admit that the majority, not all, of your posts about Mr Chansiri have a negative element to them.

Is that correct?

You're probably right.

But that is not because I have an agenda against him, it's because I disagree with a lot of his decisions. If he'd made decisions I agreed with I wouldn't have done it - it's as simple as that. You don't care about certain issues so you haven't bothered commenting on them. I DO care about certain issues and have posted about it. It's a message board, people can post what they want. Not once have I been abusive or done anything to hurt anyone.

In the last few weeks I've been told to get a life/a job/a girlfriend/out of our club, been told I'm pathetic/a twatt/an idiot/a fool/a racist(!)/ a Blade and been accused of having an agenda/ulterior motives.

All because I air my disagreements with some of the chairman's decisions.

Guest Deleted member
19 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Go and find my excessive posts about the badge or shirts. You won't as they really don't bother me.

In addition go and look at my views on the POTG prices against Villa.

You have an agenda against the club you propose to adore. That is very disappointing.

There is a positivity thread. Go and post your life away in that, and do it to the excessive amounts you do on the perceived negative things. I look forward to reading them

16 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

People alleging that you must have an agenda if you dare to question some of the chairmans decision making - that is far a more disappointing trait that has become more prevalent on here. And all because we've got a half-decent football team.

Could you guys get a room

Guest Deleted member
15 minutes ago, markg said:

The stick that Kivo is taking is embarrassing. I think that the numbering is weird but I'm not that bothered.

Kivo is unhappy about it and is totally entitled to that opinion. He has voiced concern about things that bother him, so what? That's what this forum is about isn't it?

Abuse against Kivo/anybody is warranted if the moderators agree with it

29 pages on squad numbers  ..  wow..   the summer break has been way too long for a lot of fans...

plots have been lost.

i couldn't tell you any players squad number from last season apart from bannan..  41,  cause my son had it on his shirt...

why does anybody care what number a player has on his shirt...  ???   why ?????

just realised even i'm talking about stupid squad numbers now....

i'm going to get a drink....  have a lie down....

this subject is by far the biggest nonsense so far moaned about all year.......   the season really needs to start.....

41 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

People alleging that you must have an agenda if you dare to question some of the chairmans decision making - that is far a more disappointing trait that has become more prevalent on here. And all because we've got a half-decent football team.

Just out of interest Kivo, what are you going to DO about the squad numbers ? I only ask because you seem to be lumping this change with all the others made and somehow feel that this is dismantling the club. 

Personally, I don't really have an issue with what's taken place. And as for reacting so vehemently about squad numbers, you are setting yourself up for a fair amount of flak. You could not and would not have been able to influence this decision in any way.

DC is the Chairman of our club. He does not have to consult with everyone when he makes a decision.

Do I agree with everything the Chairman has introduced , by no means, however I remain a supporter and realise that he and his team around him are far better placed than me to run the club.

Take a chill pill fella.  

1 hour ago, markg said:

The stick that Kivo is taking is embarrassing. I think that the numbering is weird but I'm not that bothered.

Kivo is unhappy about it and is totally entitled to that opinion. He has voiced concern about things that bother him, so what? That's what this forum is about isn't it?

Agreed x100

although I may not agree with some of the things he says. I would fight to the death for his right to say them

29 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Agreed x100

although I may not agree with some of the things he says. I would fight to the death for his right to say them

Absolutely, and that is the benefit of living in a democracy. However, he has done this topic to death, abdi refer back to my previous post, what can Kivo or anyone else do about it ? Nothing, zip, Nada.

I just fail to see what life altering event (squad numbers) has got him so annoyed. He objects, fine  I get it, but it's hardly earth shattering is it. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Agreed x100

So would I.  I'd stand at the side of you (If they were smaller than me)

But I wish he would stop bloody moaning.

If he came up with some positive alternative ideas then that would be something to work with.  But all he points out it is the negatives or the negatives as he see'e them.  He forgets that the traditions he likes and cherishes, probably replaced previous traditions which people in the past cherished.  Nothing stands still not even traditions.

The old badge when that was introduced caused a storm when it was first introduced but people got used to it, started to cherish it, then it becomes traditional. The young ones who grow up with this new badge will go through the same stages and in thirty or forty years time will combust on the spot when the new owner decides to change it.

Change happens with time, you can't stop it 

39 minutes ago, Furious George said:

I bet Evelyn Beatrice Hall would change her mind if she'd read 30 pages of Kivo fretting over a goalkeeper being given a dodgy squad number...

Fookinhell that's a whoosh on here mate...try Beatrix Potter lol