Squad Numbers

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Just a thought. How much does a number cost to have on the back of your shirt? With all the players in double figures i bet DC has identified yet another way to rip everyone off. lol

Genius. Surprised nobody else has mentioned this. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

Genuine question.  Who would you prefer?

i'm old school mate ,i hate all these businessmen buying clubs for the  reason  to make themselves shed loads of money ......i'm delighted with how things are on the field but doesnt alter the fact that he's just here to make himself money .....i do realise that i'm in a very small minority and that for most the bloke can do no wrong .

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm old school mate ,i hate all these businessmen buying clubs for the  reason  to make themselves shed loads of money ......i'm delighted with how things are on the field but doesnt alter the fact that he's just here to make himself money .....i do realise that i'm in a very small minority and that for most the bloke can do no wrong .

I think you're wrong. In my opinion, most people think he's done a good job so far but has clearly made some mistakes. I don't get this 'bloke can do no wrong' 'blindly following' rhetoric that always seems to emanate from the overly negative bunch. There is a middle ground (on both sides of the argument, because even the negative ones aren't always negative). It's not black and white.

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Thanks for you reply 

How do you back up your claim that he's here just to make money?  Have you any evidence for this?

Still genuine questions.

19 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Businessman in trying to make money shocker. 

How dare he.

Tell you what, if he continues to plough money into us, and we get to the premier league, I'll iron each pound note for him. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Thanks for you reply 

How do you back up your claim that he's here just to make money?  Have you any evidence for this?

Still genuine questions.

our bloke admitted he knew nothing about football and yet spends 30 odd million buying a club .i suspect he did that coz he knows he can get that back 10 fold by getting us established in the prem ......i may be wrong but i dont think i'am .

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

What do people ultimately want? 

I find the changing of numbers a bit weird. 

I don't particularly like the new badge and the kit is a bit naff...however; I'm willing to accept a few cosmetic changes if it means Wednesday are more productive on the pitch. 

We've spent 16 odd years moaning about how sh*te we are. We now have an ambitious owner, a quality head coach and the best team in a generation, yet it feels like some fans are falling over themselves to slate any change the club now makes. 

Perhaps they're worried that it starts with a few minor changes and then before you know it we will be called Sheffield Owls and Mr C will be picking the team. That's not happened yet and I don't believe it ever will. 

At the end of the day there has to be a degree of give and take. 

You can't just expect Mr C to stump hundreds of millions of pounds and not want to have some sort of say in how the club is run. 

Hundreds of millions of pounds?

5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Businessman in trying to make money shocker. 

How dare he.

Tell you what, if he continues to plough money into us, and we get to the premier league, I'll iron each pound note for him. 

exactly like i say i'm in a very small minority it wont matter a jot to most if he makes us a prem club ......but i guarantee that  after a couple of years treading water in the prem fans will start asking questions of him.

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

our bloke admitted he knew nothing about football and yet spends 30 odd million buying a club .i suspect he did that coz he knows he can get that back 10 fold by getting us established in the prem ......i may be wrong but i dont think i'am .

you can tell he's a wrong un by the fact that he never visits on matchdays, doesn't spend any time with the fans and distances his family from the club...it's almost like he lives in Spain or something   lol

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

OK thanks for the replies.  You can stand down now lol 

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Ultimate goal is the prem.

Reality is the enjoyment will be the season you get promoted. The chances of achieving much once your there are slim (Leicester is a miracle we won't ever see again).

Its like a man chasing a women or vice versa. The thrill is the chase.

ultimate goal is the prem for chansiri ,its the only way he can make any money at it .....once there and established  like west brom ,stoke,swansea etc etc its a licence to print money for the owners ....

Just now, torryowl said:

ultimate goal is the prem for chansiri ,its the only way he can make any money at it .....once there and established  like west brom ,stoke,swansea etc etc its a licence to print money for the owners ....

S we don't want to be like those teams then...do you yearn for Gillingham, Wycome and the blunts

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

So you don't want us to get us in the Premier as an established club? Just so he doesn't make money?

You would rather stop in the Championship and let him throw millions at trying to get in the Premiership but fail each season? Is that what you want?