Squad Numbers

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah so we are now going to back the owners "motivations", as in the fact that Chansiri might fancy making a few bob out of the club is a bad thing. 

Milan use to get beaten with a similar stick, despite the fact that he turned us around at our lowest ebb. 

Perhaps Milan wasn't as "hands on" as Mr C, but I remember him getting unreal amounts of stick for sacking Megson when he did. 

I'm not beating anybody with a stick. The hard core will still be supporting Wednesday long after the current owner has lost interest.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

He's talking about the owners motivation. Not the fans.

more or less right mate .......i dont blame chansiri or anyone for wanting to make money out of football its just not what i was brought up on and thats why i dont think much to it .i want my club to be successful because we earned it not because some bloke bought it for us like bournemouth or hull .......obviously i.m way out of touch with the modern game i know that ..... 

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

So where would any club get an owner from if they couldn't make money, i work for a living but wouldn't do it for nowt.

I don't class owning a proud football club and using it as a pass time/ toy as " working for a living", but then I don't know your circumstances.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

more or less right mate .......i dont blame chansiri or anyone for wanting to make money out of football its just not what i was brought up on and thats why i dont think much to it .i want my club to be successful because we earned it not because some bloke bought it for us like bournemouth or hull .......obviously i.m way out of touch with the modern game i know that ..... 

I'm old fashioned too. Should be out at pasture according to some. I've got a smart phone and a front loading washer. 

2 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Genius. Surprised nobody else has mentioned this. :rolleyes:

Sorry, didnt realise someone had already said it. Its probably buried somewhere in this 32 page thread somewhere no doubt. Next time il make sure i read every comment on every page before posting :duntmatter:

38 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah so we are now going to back the owners "motivations", as in the fact that Chansiri might fancy making a few bob out of the club is a bad thing. 

Milan use to get beaten with a similar stick, despite the fact that he turned us around at our lowest ebb. 

Perhaps Milan wasn't as "hands on" as Mr C, but I remember him getting unreal amounts of stick for sacking Megson when he did. 

I'm not beating anybody with a stick. The hard core will still be supporting Wednesday long after the current owner has lost interest.

6 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

What's the alternative the old way saw us very nearly go out of existence. 

Everyone on here talks about ffp. Just that for me. A sustainable model that sees us financially secure. If that means playing Bury and Chesterfield..so be it.. btw I've been there for worse.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Everyone on here talks about ffp. Just that for me. A sustainable model that sees us financially secure. If that means playing Bury and Chesterfield..so be it.. btw I've been there for worse.

So have i,  been there for worse I mean. 

However, that still begs the question where do you find an owner if it's not either his hobby as you put it or if he can't make a profit.

I'm sorry but I still don't get Torry's argument which I believe was that he didn't like Dc making millions if we are an established PL team.

We can either have an owner like DC or MM, who to be fair rescued the ship but never did a re-fit but kept us well inside ffp.

We could always go back to DA.

Have we got to the stage where we grumble about squad numbers? just because a man like David Beckham refuses to play in a shirt without a 7 on it, why should we care?

To me, the thing that matters is whether their hearts are with the team, not on how they look. At least we haven't got quite as far as the American Football sides who's numbers rarely seem to go below 25 and ven as high as 99.

I would much prefer that the numbers were 'old fashioned' 1-11 or even near to the old right back as 2, left back 3, with subs having squad numbers that indicated wheter they are attackers ,defenders  or  strikers.

We all seem to look at newer numbers, but yet most of us still think of the Striker wearing No.9 although the old Centre Forward position has now now virtually disappeared, with almost all the forwards becoming strikers. 

2 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

So have i,  been there for worse I mean. 

However, that still begs the question where do you find an owner if it's not either his hobby as you put it or if he can't make a profit.

I'm sorry but I still don't get Torry's argument which I believe was that he didn't like Dc making millions if we are an established PL team.

We can either have an owner like DC or MM, who to be fair rescued the ship but never did a re-fit but kept us well inside ffp.

We could always go back to DA.

Torry didn't say that. He said he didn't mind him getting money out of the club. For my part, what I want is for all clubs to divide their income by their expenditure. And stop away from the courts. But it won't happen Cornelius, I know...

38 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Says a man who likes Pokemon and Wrestling. And I assumed you were an adult! 

lol

In stark contrast, I have zero idea what you're all about apart from clearly having nothing else in your life other than complaining about tickets, shirts and squad numbers; oh and that you seemingly don't have much money to purchase much of the above. I don't have the desire to dig deeper than that either.

Enjoy reading my posts, I'll just be off to count my £50's, catch Pokemon then watch WWE on my ipad...

1 minute ago, Apple said:

In stark contrast, I have zero idea what you're all about apart from clearly having nothing else in your life other than complaining about tickets, shirts and squad numbers; oh and that you seemingly don't have much money to purchase much of the above. I don't have the desire to dig deeper than that either.

Enjoy reading my posts, I'll just be off to count my £50's, catch Pokemon then watch WWE on my ipad...

Such a pleasant chap

lol

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

Thought out the history of football the richest clubs have always succeeded. 

13 minutes ago, Apple said:

Such a pleasant chap

lol

Oh and keep off my profile then! 

7 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Thought out the history of football the richest clubs have always succeeded. 

thats not true .....football was a very even game until 1960 when the maximum wage was abolished but even then smaller clubs could be successful burnley and ipswich being prime examples .there chances dissapeared further when clubs were allowed to keep all the money from home games sometime in the 70s .......it dissapeared altogether when sky came on the scene and the only way to be successful is through the money men investing in your club .