Ticket System In Meltdown

It will.

Too many left on Kop and not enough people left to buy first.

Too many left?

We've got 14,000 STH who can buy two each - 28,000 potential

We've got an unknown (estimate 5-7,000) number of members - 10,000-14,000 estimate

Owls Foundation - a couple of thousand - so 4,000 potential

New STH - Probably around 500 -1,000 max.

The STH and estimated number of members alone is enough to sell out.

I must have registered a very long time ago, ive tried putting in my email address so I could get my password re-set but it says my email address is wrong. At that point you seem stuck, any ideas?

Guest christswfc

Still a long way to go to get the the final but how did the ticket priority work last time round for the final?

Like how many tickets per ST and members and then general?

Fear not Owls talkers if you were feeling glum about todays proceedings then here comes a story to warm you're hearts about how dire this ticketing system has been over the past day and that communication between the online system and the phone service really is as bad as we think it is.  

I logged on at work today in order to purchase mine and my dads tickets for the semi final and was placed a number 2076 in the que, some 2 and a half hours later the tension was mounting and I was at the dizzy heights of number 403 in the que at this point my browser was refreshed of its own accord and I was thrown back down to the depths of number 2523. I decided at this point the system was utter bobbins and that I would just try when I got home from work this evening. 

The night was drawing to a close and the other half had gone to bed so rather than treating myself to the usual 5 finger shuffle over a montage of vincent sasso and cropped photos of sam hutchinson barnet I knew I had work to do so set about the task of queuing once again. Number 103 in the que perfect !!!!! I logged onto the system using my old mans client ID as he is a season ticket holder and the natural presumption was that because I was just a member I couldn't get a ticket without using his ID. I purchased two tickets as close together as was possible and logged off job done, I was a little smug at this point as with all the earlier clamouring and my frustrations I couldn't understand why I had been so rushed to get it done there and then. I had got two seats near enough next to one another. 

I then received a phone call from said father (20 past midnight) frantically shouting obscenities at me telling me that he had already purchased his seat 2 days ago over the phone and that if i have moved him from his seat to some other part of the ground because of this c0ck up then I was in for more of this verbal tirade. Which with the semi final being a week away and a 90 mile journey from Birmingham to contend with I imagine to be quite pro longed and very repetitive. 

It has lead me to this point, writing a grovelling/angry/confusing email to the SWFC ticket office explaining the entire c0Ck up and shenanigans. Morals and lessons learnt...never try to do something nice for your old man as the selfish barsteward had already gone and got his ticket and two that this whole mess of purchasing tickets today has lead me to see that they couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery. 

Fear not Owls talkers if you were feeling glum about todays proceedings then here comes a story to warm you're hearts about how dire this ticketing system has been over the past day and that communication between the online system and the phone service really is as bad as we think it is.  

I logged on at work today in order to purchase mine and my dads tickets for the semi final and was placed a number 2076 in the que, some 2 and a half hours later the tension was mounting and I was at the dizzy heights of number 403 in the que at this point my browser was refreshed of its own accord and I was thrown back down to the depths of number 2523. I decided at this point the system was utter bobbins and that I would just try when I got home from work this evening. 

The night was drawing to a close and the other half had gone to bed so rather than treating myself to the usual 5 finger shuffle over a montage of vincent sasso and cropped photos of sam hutchinson barnet I knew I had work to do so set about the task of queuing once again. Number 103 in the que perfect !!!!! I logged onto the system using my old mans client ID as he is a season ticket holder and the natural presumption was that because I was just a member I couldn't get a ticket without using his ID. I purchased two tickets as close together as was possible and logged off job done, I was a little smug at this point as with all the earlier clamouring and my frustrations I couldn't understand why I had been so rushed to get it done there and then. I had got two seats near enough next to one another. 

I then received a phone call from said father (20 past midnight) frantically shouting obscenities at me telling me that he had already purchased his seat 2 days ago over the phone and that if i have moved him from his seat to some other part of the ground because of this c0ck up then I was in for more of this verbal tirade. Which with the semi final being a week away and a 90 mile journey from Birmingham to contend with I imagine to be quite pro longed and very repetitive. 

It has lead me to this point, writing a grovelling/angry/confusing email to the SWFC ticket office explaining the entire c0Ck up and shenanigans. Morals and lessons learnt...never try to do something nice for your old man as the selfish barsteward had already gone and got his ticket and two that this whole mess of purchasing tickets today has lead me to see that they couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery. 

Can I have the spare ticket?......I did read it all and was mentally sympathetic. lol

One of the core problems has been to my advantage but is still a mistake IMO.

For big games which are virtually certainties to sell out, priority should be ST's , members/ foundations and then general sale 1 ticket per Id

As mentioned it's worked in my favour this time because I have got my dad a ticket for what could well be his last trip to Hillsborough but it is totally unfair that someone jumps the queue by being a friend of someone with an Id.

If I had missed out I would be furious.

Edited by Geedee

I saw yesterday people saying you could buy memership today and then get a ticket. I also saw someone say that you'd have to re queue after getting membership, is that reyt or are they talking bobbins?

I saw yesterday people saying you could buy memership today and then get a ticket. I also saw someone say that you'd have to re queue after getting membership, is that reyt or are they talking bobbins?

I went down yesterday mate. Straight to the front of the queue to ask the question. I was told k could buy a membership. Then I queued up just the once.