The Owls vs Burnley. Official Matchday Thread.

I have never seen our wonderful Wednesday register more than 7 in a league game but we came oh so close in May 1967, against Burnley too. Leading 2-0 at half time an avalanche of second half goals Ford 3, Whitham 2 and one each from Quinn and McCalliog took us into a 7-0 lead. Then with time running out attacking the Leppings Lane end we were awarded a penalty..... Up stepped McCalliog and he fluffed it for what would have been 8-0.

Great piece from Pauli once again and thanks for choosing my Dylan request 'Slow Train Coming' a bit of a euphemism for my take on football all the unequal distribution of resources. Furthermore, for anyone who has driven in the US or Canada that has been held up by a slow freight train an understanding of the need for patience; Often these freight trains are driven by 3 engines and can take anything up to 30 minutes to pass by. Just a blink though compared to our 16 year wait !

So come on Wednesday little steps to our destination starts tonight WAWAW.    

I have never seen our wonderful Wednesday register more than 7 in a league game but we came oh so close in May 1967, against Burnley too. Leading 2-0 at half time an avalanche of second half goals Ford 3, Whitham 2 and one each from Quinn and McCalliog took us into a 7-0 lead. Then with time running out attacking the Leppings Lane end we were awarded a penalty..... Up stepped McCalliog and he fluffed it for what would have been 8-0.

Great piece from Pauli once again and thanks for choosing my Dylan request 'Slow Train Coming' a bit of a euphemism for my take on football all the unequal distribution of resources. Furthermore, for anyone who has driven in the US or Canada that has been held up by a slow freight train an understanding of the need for patience; Often these freight trains are driven by 3 engines and can take anything up to 30 minutes to pass by. Just a blink though compared to our 16 year wait !

So come on Wednesday little steps to our destination starts tonight WAWAW.    

If you're ever going to fluff a penalty that's the time to do it Nev.

Really tough match tonight. Three points would be our best result of the season; a draw wouldn't be too shabby. Got to hope we turn up tonight and put a real shift in.

Team prediction:

Westwood, Hunt, Turner, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Hutchinson, Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper.

Subs: Price, Palmer, Lopez, McGugan, McGeady, Joao, Nuhiu

Score prediction: 1-2 loss...

Big test today. Hope the week's rest has allowed the key men to be rejuvenated.

More importantly / pedantically I have spotted a mistake on the OMDT! Can anyone else find it?

First, how dare you suggest One of Pauli's historical facts might be wrong. You'll be saying his explanation of charles Darwin on Saturday was inaccurate next!

And second, thanks Im gonna spend half the morming trying to find it now.

Man I'm growing to hate mid week matches. We always seem to lose. I know we win a few here and there but mainly we do badly it seems to me.

With that said, this team is capable of surprises so I'm not actually that pessimistic.

May be too soon for McGeady to play, he'll be nowhere near match fit surely. Be nice to see him if he is though. Even if it's a few minutes at the end as we see out a4-0 win.

Excellent OMDT:

Stop Arfield and Barton and this is our victory...as long as Hutch stays on the pitch  lol   All about midfield tonight and CC will have done his homework...tough game though as they seem to manage to concentrate for the full 90 mins. I hope CC makes sure the 'New' Wednesday come out tonight and go for it for the full 90 mins too...would be happy with a point but I'm going for a 'surprising to the rest of the country' 3-1 to us...

COME ONNNNNNNNN.... 

Jesus...I've just looked at the league table. Tonight is a massive game, can't afford to lose as Brightin are starting break away..Ipswich and Cardiff hot in a tails! Keeping an injury free squad is going to be key from ow until the end!

Nice Pauli .

We will win tonight or die trying, a win puts us 2 points behind Burnley and the cat amongst the pigeons .

I think we are going for it the second half of the season after jockying for position in the first half . 

Atack Atack Atack . we don't need no defensive midfielders fool.