Rest everyone against Shrewsbury

CC ought to pick the team for Burnley, then tell all those 11 lads that they've got the night off for the Shrewsbury fixture.

There is no need to risk injuries and fatigue to key players. Our second string is good enough to get past Shrewsbury Town.

Meanwhile Burnley will be playing Arsenal that day. They are very unlikely to rest lots of players and we stand to benefit from this by the time we play Burnley on the Tuesday night.

There's no excuse for CC not taking this opportunity to use our strength in depth to our advantage. This should be karma for the circumstances that led to the Middlesbrough debacle.

Edited by Slick.

We should be able to play a "second" team good enough to beat Shrewsbury. The first eleven could do with a rest.

I said the same on the Forrestieri thread

No need for any of our first choice players to travel to Shrewsbury with three vital league games against Burnley, Brum and Brentford coming up.

Although I agree with the sentiment, that the league is the priority, the fact players can't play twice in a week is quite pathetic. Someone mentioned earlier resting Westwood. He hasn't played for 2 months.

Players get paid a kings ransom these days, and take the pisss.

Edited by vulva

Although I agree with the sentiment, that the league is the priority, the fact players can't play twice in a week is quite pathetic. Someone mentioned earlier resting Westwood. He hasn't played for 2 months.

For me , its not the playing two games in a week , its more the risk of picking up injuries which would rule them out the the vital league games coming up.

Why take the risk when we dont have to ?

Agree, it was unthinkable pre 1998ish to change the team for the FA cup. Look what the 1992-1993 team did without even half of the squad size

Fatigue is only one part

Don't forget we lost one of our most important players in a cup fixture

How would you feel if Bannan or Forestieri are ruled out for a couple of months