Rest everyone against Shrewsbury

Right, with the news that all those players are now available for selection, I think we can do much better with team selection than some have suggested. So my side would be

Westwood needs game time

Palmer

Sasso

Turner

Bennett if not cup tied

Sougou

Semedo

Lopez

Helan

Joao

Matias

Subs

Price

Pudil

Hutchinson

McGugan

Wallace

Hooper

Nuhiu

Although I agree with the sentiment, that the league is the priority, the fact players can't play twice in a week is quite pathetic. Someone mentioned earlier resting Westwood. He hasn't played for 2 months.

Players get paid a kings ransom these days, and take the pisss.

This 100%.  They're meant to be professional athletes, if they can't play 2 games in a week then something is seriously wrong.  Look at tennis players, do they moan about 'fatigue' when they've just come off the back of a 5 hour match and have to go again 2 days later?

This 100%.  They're meant to be professional athletes, if they can't play 2 games in a week then something is seriously wrong.  Look at tennis players, do they moan about 'fatigue' when they've just come off the back of a 5 hour match and have to go again 2 days later?

Quite, and it's not just Westwood, we have Turner, Lopez and Matias all supposedly available, so give them game time. The only ones I'd definitely rest would be, Pudil, Loovens because he's carrying a knock, Bannan, Lee and Forestieri. All the rest need game time.

No-one is kicking you up in the air in tennis. I dont want Hooper, Lee, Bannan or Wallace getting wellied by a Shrew, and missing Burnley, or worse still, missing February and half of March.

Eleven reserves please. They all need game time anyway.

Quite, and it's not just Westwood, we have Turner, Lopez and Matias all supposedly available, so give them game time. The only ones I'd definitely rest would be, Pudil, Loovens because he's carrying a knock, Bannan, Lee and Forestieri. All the rest need game time.

Definitely.  This would be the perfect match to give Bus a run out too

Our fringe players and those coming back from injury need game time as much as the others need a rest.

If (and I hope it doesn't) FF gets injured and Matias is the only replacement waiting 3 games to get him up to match fitness won't be an option.

Let's get the big squad working for us not against us.

I agree 100% - there are also loads of players either on fringe or getting back from injury who need match fitness.

Price

Palmer

Sasso

Turner/Lees (are either back in training yet)

Bennet

Matias

Semedo

Lopez

Sougou

Jaoa

Dave/Bus

We actually have a pretty decent B team there!

AND there is even more to chose from; McGugan, Melo, Lavery, Bus, Helan, Dielna or Lachman (wherever the hell the last two are these days)

We actually have a pretty decent B team there!

AND there is even more to chose from; McGugan, Melo, Lavery, Bus, Helan, Dielna or Lachman (wherever the hell the last two are these days)

Lachman gone, melo injured.

Lavery back from his loan

Its nothing to do with playing 2 games in a week. its about not risking injuries to players who do not need to be involved at Shrewsbury when we have a vital league game 3 days later.

Give the first team a rest , give them a few days off .

I think changes in the defence are likely as they've mainly been carrying knock or looked fatigued, so I'd have the experience of Westwood in goal.

Midfield could easily be a complete change. Should be much as at Newcastle.

Up front, I'd give Bus a start, unless he's been poor in training. I think Nuhiu would complement him better than Joao.

Westwood

Palmer

Sasso

Turner

Bennet

Sougou

Semedo

McGugan or Lopez

Helan

Nuhiu

Bus

Subs