Rest everyone against Shrewsbury

Although I agree with the sentiment, that the league is the priority, the fact players can't play twice in a week is quite pathetic. Someone mentioned earlier resting Westwood. He hasn't played for 2 months.

Players get paid a kings ransom these days, and take the pisss.

It's has nothing to do with how much they are paid or attitude/laziness. Anyone who is seriously in to fitness or has trained for say a marathon will understand, it's the cumulative effect intensive training has on the body, the stress it puts it under. Everytime you train you break muscle down which the body rebuilds, this muscle get tighter which makes it prone to injury. The catabolic/anabolic process uses energy making you physically tired and unable to be at your peak, hence the need for rest days etc. The level professional players play at means that the performance difference between a rested player and a physically stressed player is much greater. The above is the reason why footballer get injured so much more then a Sunday league player.

I worry when one of our players gets injured because they just seem to disappear never to be seen again. As a fan i have never felt more in the dark about when a player might be available to return to the team.

Carlos says most are back training so surely this will be an opportunity for some of Lees Turner Matias Mcgugan Lopes etc to get game time

Agree, it was unthinkable pre 1998ish to change the team for the FA cup. Look what the 1992-1993 team did without even half of the squad size

Errrrr, yes.

Look indeed.  

It got overextended.  We finished seventh.  There were not six teams better than us that year.

I don't say the strategy was wrong.  But don't let's pretend the outcomes weren't a bit disappointing in the end.

Cup runs are fun but I really want to see us continue pushing in the league so I'll be hoping CC sees it as an opportunity to give some young uns some playtime and rest the key players for Burnley. If we lose then good on Shrewsbury and we can continue pushing for playoffs with fewer distractions.