Middlesborough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

I've got a lot of time for CC but he's got it wrong both times against Boro. Nuhiu should've started today and perhaps Forriestieri should've started. I can understand the changes but if we'd started with our strongest side I reckon we'd have got at least a point.

I hope we learn one thing from that performance..... If we set up to play our game, we're a very good side.... if we set up to nullify our opponents we're not so good.  It's about time we stopped fearing the teams around us and started having a go at them.  One up front against Middlesborough simply does not work, they're way too good at the back.  Poor tactical decisions tonight.  And our back four really needs to wake up from the kick off.  All four of them were out of position for their goal.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Took a gamble with squad rotation. Didn't pay off. We move on.

More than a gamble imo.

Atleast 4 players proven to not be up to it were played.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

Um not gonna hammer CC - he's done far too much good this season.

My only question would be FF - he took him off early on Saturday, obviously testing him for today. He's our best player and on fire, why wouldn't you start him? Even if he's burnt out after 60 minutes surely that's better than bringing him on when we are behind the 8 ball??

Anyway - onwards we go

Middlesbrough 1-0 Wednesday. 

Possession: 47-53

Shots on target: 2-1

Shots off target: 3-5

Corners: 3-5

Fouls: 12-23

Yellow cards: 1-4

Red cards: 0-0 

Wildsmith, Palmer, Hutchinson (Pudil 45), Loovens, Wiggins, Semedo (Forestieri 45), Sougou, Lee, Bannan, Helan (Nuhiu 68), Joao. 

Subs not used: Price, Hunt, Sasso, Wallace. 

Unlucky Wednesday. 

Well done Middlesbrough. 

...so we're complaining about losing 1-0 to the top of the table and the team that have only had 2 goals scored against them at home....some folk need to get a reality check...fools..

No not at all but they were there for the taking...that's what people are saying..

We played well 2nd half and I'd say for 60% of that game we were better..

Possibly toughest game of season. Boro bang in form, were 48 hours from our last game. Good show in second half, showed what we are about and took it to them.

Squad is thin, we need to accept that and you can't put out the same team 46 times in a row. Would be good to strengthen in Jan but here we are, going into New Year in 7th with 22 games to go and a whole lot of points to play for.

I'll take that.

Edited by londonowl