Middlesborough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Tiring of seeing sides put on the pitch so obviously not fit for the job. Now yet another mountain to climb. Much better second half but Carlos has to examine his selection and set up.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I think Mr C will be the one examining his selection and set up..... And the one having to suffer (sorry, hear) his excuses...

No not at all but they were there for the taking...that's what people are saying..

We played well 2nd half and I'd say for 60% of that game we were better..

..they weren't and never have been 'there for the taking' ... and i would say for 95% of that game, just as it was against Stoke, their defence looked comfortable...

Much better second half.

But that's not hard after the poor first half. A disappointing defeat but Middlesbrough are a strong and experienced top of the table outfit. We still got a fair bit of way to go but its not the end of the world. Gotta show more intent and bounce back soon plus the transfer window is re-opening soon. We may be a long way off matching the top 5 sides but we can match the rest and gotta pick up more points away from home. A bit of a lesson but I believe we will get stronger as the season goes on just would like us to play our better players more often, happy with how the season is going but we can still improve and I don't think DC will let the transfer window and this chance to pass us by. Take it on the chin, they are a solid and impressive top of the table side. The transfer window will be key plus how we bounce back. We bounced back recently with back to back wins and hopefully we will bounce back again.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Squad rotations when having the chance to get in the play offs? absolute disgusting! why doesn't any other team near the top rotate? wonder if carlos will have the balls to say he got it wrong instead of blaming being burnt out or the referee? still love you carlos but please don't look for scapegoats this defeat is on you

...so we're complaining about losing 1-0 to the top of the table and the team that have only had 2 goals scored against them at home....some folk need to get a reality check...fools..

The reality check fool, is that we should have started with our best 11 and then if needed changed them, not looked for excuses before the game, other teams also only had two days between games, the fixtures were announced months ago but I didn't hear CC complaining then..

Was their really any chance of a game on SKY being put back by a day ? - no ! So why bring it up ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It's alright slagging off the starting eleven but as you heard, Forestieri didn't think he could do 90 minutes, that's why he was on the bench.  You don't know what happened behind the scenes.  Maybe players are admitting they are not fit enough to start.

However, it does show that our SQUAD isn't good enough however good the first eleven is.

The reality check fool, is that we should have started with our best 11 and then if needed changed them, not looked for excuses before the game, other teams also only had two days between games, the fixtures were announced months ago but I didn't hear CC complaining then..

Was their really any chance of a game on SKY being put back by a day ? - no ! So why bring it up ?

...lol... when you manage a football team I might just be bothered about your opinion...bet you think you were proved right...must make you feel all warm and glowing inside ...

Bit of perspective needed I think. Away at 'Boro with our best 11, fully fit would have been difficult enough. Poor first half did for us in the end, but 2nd half, much better display, with more drive and determination. Overall 6 points from the last 3 games is a good return, and the doom and gloom merchants need to give it a rest. We are doing ok, plenty of reasons for more optimism than despondency. 

Guest Darkus Owlus

It's alright slagging off the starting eleven but as you heard, Forestieri didn't think he could do 90 minutes, that's why he was on the bench. You don't know what happened behind the scenes. Maybe players are admitting they are not fit enough to start.

However, it does show that our SQUAD isn't good enough however good the first eleven is.

He didn't even do 90 against Brum....

Even if we got 60 out of him today....and Pudil, I don't think we'd have lost.

Personally, to go down 1-0 away from home at probably the best team in the division with a fantastic defensive record with a much changed team is not a bad result, especially having conceded in under a minute. 

We will have better days away from home, but there are plenty of teams who will go to 'Boro and get a tonking.

Honestly, can everyone hand on heart 100% state that they thought we would win today. A draw was deserved and would have been a fantastic result. Onwards and upwards

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Far better second half deserved a point but we have to start picking some wins up away from home as soon as possible

How did we deserve a draw? they got the early goal they wanted and sat back comfortably with a cigar and glass of whiskey, 1 shot on target in 90 mins and the blinkered feel we were robbed of a point. We got what we deserved thanks to that shocking line up

Guest Darkus Owlus

Personally, to go down 1-0 away from home at probably the best team in the division with a fantastic defensive record with a much changed team is not a bad result, especially having conceded in under a minute.

We will have better days away from home, but there are plenty of teams who will go to 'Boro and get a tonking.

Honestly, can everyone hand on heart 100% state that they thought we would win today. A draw was deserved and would have been a fantastic result. Onwards and upwards

I'm a bit more ambitious. A full team could have got a win today. Imo anyway