Middlesborough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

BuAicxm.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

The town of Middlesbrough is an open-air demonstration of the dangers of the Industrial Revolution. It has been allowed to remain as a warning to any aliens who might pass Earth that whatever happens, they should never, ever invent anything so terrible.

O150qtN.jpg

Founded in 1972 by a group of wealthy businessmen, who needed to set up large chemical processing plants and decided that the strange, primitive tribes who lived along the banks of the small stream known as the Tees would suffice as worker ants. The businessmen often had their wicked way with the tribespeople of Middlesborough. In fact, 97% of the town's current inhabitants can trace their descendants to the town's founders. The town commemorates its heritage by wearing tracksuits made of industrial grade nylon from the 70s.

imN3YG2.jpg

Traditionally a major steel producing area, the main industries of the town now consist of nuclear waste plants, toxic waste plants, chemical waste plants, oil waste plants and a dock. Middlesbrough also boasts the greatest bargains available in the U.K. The local Cash Converters offers brand new, off the back of a truck electronic goods for the price of a tenner a bag. But the abundance of highly toxic materials in the area has also led to the emergence of strange, mutant floating dogs that roam the town in packs.

87UDWjc.jpg

They also have a football team who are surprisingly rather good at the moment and that’s why we are playing them today.

FUN FACTS

Even if you manage to avoid the marauding bands of strange, mutant floating dogs, Boro’ also have a hoolie crew known as Frontline. They even have their own Wikipedia entry so be careful this evening.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Riverside Stadium, Smogglesborough.
Kick Off: Monday, 28th of December at 17:15.

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt, woolly hat and scarf, massive flags.

Matchday Drink: Whatever sort of beer they drink up there.

Matchday Pie: They have those, but dare you try the gruesome looking local dish “Parmo”?

Matchday Song: Double Barrel by Dave and Ansel Collins…

Song selection by the Owlstalk Trojan Ska mob, who are slowly but surely taking over my in box.

MATCHDAY FACTS

Middlesbrough will again be without striker David Nugent for the match with Sheffield Wednesday as the former Portsmouth man completes a three-game suspension. Nugent was due to be back on Monday but remains banned because the Boxing Day match at Blackburn was called off.

Wednesday can move into the top six with a win but remain without defender Tom Lees (hamstring). Goalkeeper Keiren Westwood is a doubt after he missed out on Boxing Day.

ZrGrLHx.png Head to Head 48pAkj8.png

• Middlesbrough ended a run of five without victory against Sheffield Wednesday by beating them 3-1 in August (D1 L3).

• The Owls' only win in nine at Middlesbrough came in this exact fixture last season, edging it 3-2. Atdhe Nuhiu scored twice for them.

• Boro's last eight goals at home have all come from different players (including an own goal from Giuseppe Bellusci).

• Ross Wallace has assisted a goal in each of his last two away games in the league.

2l0JP3I.png

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“We will fight and do our best but there is a big gap in the conditions that we will play, Middlesbrough are massive favourites but that doesn’t mean we won’t go there to try and win the game.

We are not happy with the situation. Nobody recovers in two days. The minimum players need to recover between games is three days. All players will play in the red zone. That means they can play but probably after one or two weeks their collective performance will start decreasing and the injuries will come.

This is not good for the competition in my opinion. It is not fair and it is not correct. If that team can’t play for the weather then put our game one day after, and the same with Blackburn and who they play. Everybody must play in the same conditions.”

My Prediction: Revenge. A cheeky 1 - 0 for the Owls. 25 yard screamer from our Fessi. Oooooooh!

MINTYVISION

We are on the telly. There will be streams. Streams ah tell thi…

lEyRfvy.gif

Brilliant Pauli as always, loved the mutant dogs and the "frontline" crew...

Tay tay's looking good, let's hope we get the result we really want...

I'm going for a Wednesday win but accept that could be the kiss of death, still so long as we play well, especially in front of the cameras..

We're Sheffield Wednesday and we're on our way back... (Aren't we ?)..

Spent nearly twenty years in the north east so accustomed to the smoggies. A tough task but I feel we could win this one.

Need to keep my boro mates quiet!

On the boro forum they mostly seem to predict a win for them by two clear goals.

3-1 to the Mighty Owls

Hutch.joao and FF to score

Guest minsk owl

Brilliant as always ............  Tracksuits ))))))

heart says 2 - 3 win ,  head says 2 - 2 ,  but if we manage to pull this one off,  this site will have imploded by tomorrow evening

post-38035-0-44386900-1451261399_thumb.j

Just in case we get to play in the home kit

post-38035-0-79817200-1451261439_thumb.j

Best OMDT ever Pauli

Would be delighted with a point... don't even mind as losing as long as we put in a decent performance.

For the third time in three days I shall say the following: The season will not be won or lost based on a result against a team that have only conceded two goals at home all season.

Still, I suspect the usual flouncing on here if we lose   :duntmatter:

Best OMDT ever.

Well done pauli...!

Sorry for late showing but been watching minions on DVD.

Foookin' brilliant song, love it.

Love Tay Tay being all minty.

Reckon CC is pulling a fast one with all his jive talk.

Heart says take a point, head says smash the fookers...!

Going to get stuck right into the complacent Smoggies and take an early lead before hitting them with a couple of late counters.

0-3

FF x2 + Joao

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Brilliant thread Pauli

Before Boro had their game against Blackburn cancelled

I fancied us to spring a surprise and reverse the 3-1 scoreline from Hillsborough

Truth is, they are going to be a lot thresher than we are

But sometimes, adversity brings out the best in people, and as long as Hutch makes it, I still fancy us to give them a game

I'd settle for a point, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sneaked it

I'm going 3-2 Wednesday

Joao 2 and Forestierri

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Love you Pauli 

Two things about Middlesboro , they have Yarm just on the outskirts and they have Steve Gibson .

Apart from that it is an area that can only resemble life after a Nuclear war .

Carlos playing mind games again . 

Could we really sneak a win ???? 

0-1 Hooper 

Mutant Floating Dogs!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Absolutely brilliant.

Love the song but we need to rock! I was raised on rock (big clue there)!

Great thread as always, I'm not making a prediction because when I do it always ends badly for us.

1974 we battled hard to save our 2nd division lives. Jack Charlton had taken his Champions elect Middlesborough to Bro' Bobby's relegation near certainties PNE and handed them on a plate a 3-2 victory with Boro's championship in the bag.

We were in decent mood off the back of a long unbeaten run a win and a draw against PNE and a 2-2 with Luton at Hillsborough ( 3 games unbeaten was a long run in the 73/74 season).

Wednesday took the usual large following to Boro ( Captained by Souness) we dominated the early proceedings and were unlucky as Joicey rattled the woodwork twice. This was as good as it got though and by half time we trailed 3-0. So in resignation we had the tall order of beating mid table Bolton at Hillsborough in the final game of the season, a far simpler task than transforming the 3 goal deficit against Boro. We gave it a good go though just going down by the 8-0 score line.

Every cloud has a silver lining though. One week later a Kenny Knighton goal saw off Bolton in front of 23K + to send Palace, Preston and Swindon down.  

Great OP Pauli !

Excellent thread Pauli, although I haven't read it yet.

We shouldn't take Boro lightly though, they are a very good team.

Boro 0 Wednesday 7 (Forestieri 4, Hooper 3).

Looking forward to discussing us and our performance after the game.

If that pillock Salmonbones thinks I need his permission to do so he can swivel on my middle finger. The effing mammary gland.

Top notch OP. Perfectly captures the ambience that is Middlesbro'.

They may have had extra rest but I think they'll have lulled themselves into a Xmas stouper that our excellent current form will take advantage of

2-1 to the Massive. Hooper and Joao

Truth is, they are going to be a lot thresher than we are

But sometimes, adversity brings out the best in people, and as long as Hutch makes it, I still fancy us to give them a game

But we'll simply beat 'em :manager:

Toughest game of the season today - both on paper and due to us having 48hrs vs their 8 days since we both last played. Never known a manager make quite so much of the unfairness of 'conditions' as our CC did. Let's hope we can win despite too many 'red lights', although not confident. A win would be the best result of the season; I for one would really start to think we could actually do it this year if we grabbed all three points!!

Team: Wildsmith, Palmer, Hutchinson, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Forestieri, Joao, Hooper.

Subs: Price, Hunt, Wiggins, Semedo, Sougou, McGugan, Nuhiu.

Result: 1-2 Owls. Joao and Forestieri.

Ps. Top OMDT as ever Pauli!! COME ON YOU OWLSSSS

Edited by s110wl

Brilliant! Cheers as always Pauli. The things I learn from you are simply amazing. I've had more than one debate with the kids teachers at school.

Afternoon all. Hope you're all keeping well.

Lets see out the year with a bang! 

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

Hoping for a close game today. Want to see us be competitive win, lose or draw.