The Owls vs Bristol City. Official Matchday Thread.

C'mon the Wednesday!!!

Looking forward to this.

It's finally here.

How exciting? A new dawn;

a new era, a new season and new hope.

How long have we all waited for the club

we all love to finally be back? It seems like an eternity.

I'm determined to enjoy this season, no matter what happens.

Today's game is a tricky one, no-one really knows what to expect

but let's hope whatever happens we give our all and see more excitement and goals.

In typical Wednesday fashion I expect today to be a slog of a draw and slowish start to the marathon.

I'm predicting Us 1 the Robins 1 (Matias for us).

Scared Scared Scared Scared of the first home game .need the win to kick off our season but it's like going in to the unknown........

me this morning

Totally agree about the step into the unknown. But the way I see it, the base line for us every year is the chance we could be involved in a scrap at the bottom, nothing changes there (could happen to anyone) but this season we can actually realistically think about a playoff push when in the past it was just a long shot/hope.

Of todays possible starting XI how many will have had  Championship experience?.  Bristol City the new boys will be out to prove a point and they were a bloody 

good outfit in League One. 

I hope I'm wrong and I don't want to sound too negative but I've got a bad feeling about this one.

UTO

1-3 I am afraid ..not convinced the defence is sound tbh. This is going to take time to settle I think.

They will hit us on the break a few times with a bit of keystone cops defending thrown in after we take an early lead. Also, if Loovens plays, his lack of pace is a concern.

Also, the capacity for this club to dissapoint when all seems to be going well is renowned and seemingly endless.

Hope I am wrong today and we win, but just can't face raising expectations for them to be dashed

Edited by Owlsofrustration

Of todays possible starting XI how many will have had Championship experience?. Bristol City the new boys will be out to prove a point and they were a bloody

good outfit in League One.

I hope I'm wrong and I don't want to sound too negative but I've got a bad feeling about this one.

UTO

Sounds like most of the 11 will have other than I suspect Lopez and matias

Reckon we'll see the same side that kicked off last weekend with loovens in for sasso and wiggins for Helan

...think we needed it a bit more upbeat Mr Enchanter ... soz...but `I'm in excited and in a crazy dancing mood and about to set off via Abbeydale Rd..

PLAY IT LOOUUUUDDDDDDD.......COME OOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN.....DANCING FEEEET.......

Edited by Freshfish