The Owls vs Bristol City. Official Matchday Thread.

I'm trying really hard not to think about that Colchester game in '04 and the 'different tail tugging tuggers, same old Wednesday' (to the tune of the Pompey chimes) coming from the back of the Kop.

Instead I'm going for 4-0 to Wednesday with Big Dave bagging at least a brace.

Good morning MGG-ers!! Been a while!!

Top OMDT again Pauli. Missed this poo poo!!

Hope MK, 33 et al are in good health.

Optimistic this year. Think we'll put a decent challenge in towards the right end of the table, and it's been a while since i've honestly thought that.

I'll go 3-0 the Wednesday, Nuhiu with 2 and Matias with a debut beauty.

UTO!

Edited by noddyowl

Guest mrbluesky

I'm old fashioned but no moaning from me anymore!!! Great Match daty thread £50 on us at 100/30

COYBAWW!!!!!

The anticipation is building. Hillsborough will be buzzing. New pitch, new scoreboard, new players, new kit, new manager, new everything, but same old Wednesday.

Sheffield Wednesday 0 v 1 Bristol City

Kodija (41)

Boo Orlando. I'm gonna make another prediction:

You will be coptering all over come 5pm S6 time. Just be careful or you could have someone's eye out.

Edited by themaskedowl

Awesome. I'm awake at 0530 through sheer excitement, I can't wait and I love the thread, all of the other official matchday threads meant nothing, they were all about trying new things and getting used to each other.

I almost feel guilty that I'm going to try and cash in by posting a link to my charity prediction thread there's still time to enter until 12noon).

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/227491-201516-season-prediction-competition/

I'm going for a tense 2-1 today, can't see a clean sheet but I think we'll be relatively 'safe' going in at half time with a two goal cushion courtesy of Nuhiu bundling one in and Lopes firing one in from the edge of the box.

Hutchison to get injured and be out till Xmas.

Fans to leave the stadium disappointed that for the money we didn't win by 27 goals.

Edited by Binky Griptite

Can't decide whether to "watch" the Matchday thread on Owlstalk or wait until 00:30 and watch the game. Hate delayed games (on Bein sports just after midnight here in Perth), but it is the first game of the season and would have to avoid reading Owlstalk until 2am.

A very good morning from MK6 to all my fellow owlstalkers. Special greetings to JBA, 33 and Noddy

Ollie and I have kept out of the close season banter as I'm a believer in letting those who own and run the club buy who the want, get rid of who they want, and do what they want to the old lady.

That said I would like to compliment and congratulate DC and the staff who have worked so hard to make this season one of the most exiting ever. We have some great ball players and a head coach who wants to play attractive and attacking football.................it doesn't get any better.

Ollie is still with us and Mrs MK has a new hip ..............the beers are in and I'm hoping we have a stream somewhere on the tinterweb so that I can see the stadium and be with you all in spirit. BTW if anyone travels from MK to S6 I would dearly love a lift so I can be there in person occasionally when I've saved enough for a ticket!!!

As for today...........as others have said.............I cant see anything other than a win probably 2 or 3 nil .............I don't mind who scores as we now have 6 or 7 players who know where the net is.

Good luck to us all and may we get to the promised land before Ollie and I shuffle off to the great stadium in the sky (oops shouldn't mention SKY)

COME ON WEDNESDAY

A very good morning from MK6 to all my fellow owlstalkers. Special greetings to JBA, 33 and Noddy

Ollie and I have kept out of the close season banter as I'm a believer in letting those who own and run the club buy who the want, get rid of who they want, and do what they want to the old lady.

That said I would like to compliment and congratulate DC and the staff who have worked so hard to make this season one of the most exiting ever. We have some great ball players and a head coach who wants to play attractive and attacking football.................it doesn't get any better.

Ollie is still with us and Mrs MK has a new hip ..............the beers are in and I'm hoping we have a stream somewhere on the tinterweb so that I can see the stadium and be with you all in spirit. BTW if anyone travels from MK to S6 I would dearly love a lift so I can be there in person occasionally when I've saved enough for a ticket!!!

As for today...........as others have said.............I cant see anything other than a win probably 2 or 3 nil .............I don't mind who scores as we now have 6 or 7 players who know where the net is.

Good luck to us all and may we get to the promised land before Ollie and I shuffle off to the great stadium in the sky (oops shouldn't mention SKY)

COME ON WEDNESDAY

I read that as Mrs MK has a new whip and was about to say what a lucky boy you were...then I realised. Still sounds like it all went OK?