Kenwyne Jones

People are going to lose their minds when Nuhiu is starting up front for the BC game...

I suspect it'll be Joao or Bus, I know Nuhiu has been favoured in friendlies recently but I have a hunch it's because CC wants to see what he's about in a game situation. I think at home (where in theory we should be able to play more of the total football and attack more than you would away) he'll opt for Bus (more mobile but less physical) or just throw Joao straight into the mix. I think I'd be a little disappointed if he started the first game.

That said, the meltdown on here would be hilarious. Some people got irate when I mentioned 3 months the idea that he'd be starting the first game of the season... the reaction would be priceless  :biggrin:

Guest totemowl

Last season's champions seemed to think he was good enough for their squad. Maybe we should listen to them.

All this stuff about him being lazy is beyond parody. He tailors his game to his strengths - he's a big lad and 30 years old, it's not his job to cover every blade of grass.

He'll get three touches of the ball in a game, but two will be attempts on goal*.

*stats made up

Got it! So he doesn't run about much, he only contributes with stuff he's good at and he's carrying way too much weight.

Ohh, and we'll be playing with 10 men most of the time he's on the pitch.

Anything else we should know?

I suspect it'll be Joao or Bus, I know Nuhiu has been favoured in friendlies recently but I have a hunch it's because CC wants to see what he's about in a game situation. I think at home (where in theory we should be able to play more of the total football and attack more than you would away) he'll opt for Bus (more mobile but less physical) or just throw Joao straight into the mix. I think I'd be a little disappointed if he started the first game.

That said, the meltdown on here would be hilarious. Some people got irate when I mentioned 3 months the idea that he'd be starting the first game of the season... the reaction would be priceless :biggrin:

Think we will see Joao today and then not much over the next few weeks. Looks very raw what I've seen of him, and with language, New country etc. CC will not want to rush him. Think Jones is a pipe dream because people rank him like Marshall, Wickham etc. as the best players at Hillsborough for years (rightly so) although that won't get us past the 25k+ he's on a week. Nickson knows this and is just stirring the pot.

Nuhiu will have a big part to play early season I think. Need to keep the team spirit and togetherness whilst the other players settle, and Nuhiu is a massive part of that. Really, he is the only natural forward we have for the focal point role (Joao aside, but as I said above, needs time to settle)

Even when he was here last he was a lazy player. It's not parody, Sunderland fans said it, Stoke too.

But so was someone like leroy Lita. Get the ball into the right areas and they become a problem for the opposition.

Exactly, especially in a 433. Play on the shoulder of the centre halves, cause them issues, drop em, whatever, and with the pace of matias and wallace, and LM breaking from midfield hes the exact type of striker who can create space

Your thread was relating to a Sunderland player being transferred to Crystal Palace. That is Non SWFC news, whichever way you want to slice it, and there's nothing arbitrary about it.

It was deleted because it offered no new information and was basically an argument about whether it was now in the right section or not. It was, but you still want to keep the argument going.

Clarity provided. 

Clarity provided? 

How about answering the question.

Why do the other threads stay?

Edited: I don't think abusing people, mods or not, deserves an answer but I will tell you that it's blatantly obvious. Clarity provided - again.

Edited by roaminowl