Kenwyne Jones

How many games did he start last season though? I know that all 6 of his appearances at Bournemouth were from the bench.

And who are we going to bring in just like that who's 5 years younger but just as good? We're in a world where teams are paying multi millions for strikers with mediocre goal tallies.

Started 25, played the equivilant of two full matches fewer than Stevie May based on minutes played- so got quite a bit of game time. I'm not arguing that he isn't a good player, but I do feel prevalent to question that he'd get 15 goals, considering he's never done that in his career. He's only broken into double figures for scoring in a season 3 times in the last decade- that does't suggest he's guaranteed to get 15. Not saying he can't or won't, but everyone on here seems to be thinking it's a guarantee... he's more likely than our existing strikers, yes (perhaps other than maybe Bus), and I just have to disagree with that.

Regarding someone 5 years younger but just as good, would have to be a foreigner I confess which of course poses its own risks. Perhaps he is the best option for us if we only have around a million to spare, but as I keep saying- lets not just assume that he'll get 15, past record suggests he won't.

A quick look, Alexander Soderlund in Norway. Not the most competitive league in the world, but he's big and he's scored 15 goals in 17 games (average of a goal every 95 minutes based on game-time) and 2 goals and assists in 5 Europa league qualifying games. Appreciate it's hardly top scouting, but I'm just giving examples where there could be an alternative (but again, I confess it'd be a risk)

Started 25, played the equivilant of two full matches fewer than Stevie May based on minutes played- so got quite a bit of game time. I'm not arguing that he isn't a good player, but I do feel prevalent to question that he'd get 15 goals, considering he's never done that in his career. He's only broken into double figures for scoring in a season 3 times in the last decade- that does't suggest he's guaranteed to get 15. Not saying he can't or won't, but everyone on here seems to be thinking it's a guarantee... he's more likely than our existing strikers, yes (perhaps other than maybe Bus), and I just have to disagree with that.

Regarding someone 5 years younger but just as good, would have to be a foreigner I confess which of course poses its own risks. Perhaps he is the best option for us if we only have around a million to spare, but as I keep saying- lets not just assume that he'll get 15, past record suggests he won't.

I think if you ask any centre half who they would rather defend against. Iam sure theyd say the lump of wood who plays with his back to goal and granted sometimes holds the ball up well .Rather than someone with the pace and power of Jones who will turn and run at them.

It's not just about the goals with Jones,he brings something to the table that we haven't had for fair to long.

Guest wilyfox

Do we reckon we'd still go for Jones if he was available?

Hope so. Proven, and ready-made. Joao may take the same time to settle that Bus has.