Kenwyne Jones

The problem with Nuhiu up front is that because he has not got the pace to run behind defences know they play a very high line with very little risk.

This will leave our midfield very little room.

After Saturday I don't think this will be a concern. We've so much pace going down the wings we'll be in behind and Nuhiu can get in the middle while everyone does the work for him. It COULD be a master stroke and we COULD see a very different Nuhiu this season.

Guest wilyfox

Different wingers won't stop Nuhiu squandering chances, although hopefully we'll create more so he'd score more by law of averages. Wouldn't surprise me if Atdhe is in the XI next week. He may well score one or two as well. The past two years have shown us that he tends to start and finish seasons well; problem is the 3 or 4 month drought in the middle.

I've always liked him & I can see him coming good in this system. He has squandered opportunities in the past but as people have said he should get a lot more chances now & with that if he starts knocking more in, his confidence can grow & we could see him squandering far less.

Why do people say he`s got good feet for a big un he is a footballer he should have good feet its like saying anyone under 5 ft 6 cant head a ball

Rant over lol

I'm 6 foot 2", was wearing size 11s at 13. I now wear a size 13. All my your I was the keenest footballer, had it in my head, knew what I wanted to do, but when it came to using my feet I had a touch like a r@pist.

I haven't sniffed all footy players trainers, bit I hazard a guess that there are not that many players wearing size 13 and upwards.

To me I see it as trying to do a deft chip onto the green, with a driver?.

Sod it, I know what I mean.lol.

Having seen the new lad briefly yesterday, he looks as if he has lightning pace and would be ideal to exploit the opportunity to counter attack when the opposition are playing a high back line.  A through ball for him to run on to would, I think, be very productive.  He also seems to have a good first touch, and the ability to keep possession.  Although CC says he is one for the future, I think he could have a key role this season.

Guest WESTENDOWL

I'm 6 foot 2", was wearing size 11s at 13. I now wear a size 13. All my your I was the keenest footballer, had it in my head, knew what I wanted to do, but when it came to using my feet I had a touch like a r@pist.

I haven't sniffed all footy players trainers, bit I hazard a guess that there are not that many players wearing size 13 and upwards.

To me I see it as trying to do a deft chip onto the green, with a driver?.

Sod it, I know what I mean. lol.

Yeah you were no good at football

Yeah you were no good at football

lol. I know.

But it would be interesting to see a survey as,to foot size of pro footballers feet.

I can only think of one really skillful player that had boat feet and that was Nwankwo Kanu, size 14 if I remember right.

Edited by lukestheman82

It's not about the size of their feet, it's about the length of their legs. It's just physics, it's harder to be quick and precise with your feet if your legs are longer. 

It's like my ex flatmate who used to insist that all footballers should really be equally two footed, basically in violation of all known neurology.

Edited by WC1Owl

Jones would be the perfect player to battle with Nuhiu for that position during the season, with the player in form keeping the shirt. Lucas Joao to be developed carefully throughout the season

How will Kenwyne compete with Nuhiu? They're different types of players that play different roles for their respective teams. Nuhiu plays with his back to the opposition goal and holds the ball whereas Kenwyne play facing the opposition goal and works the channels and runs onto the through balls.

Edited by shandypants

The problem with Nuhiu up front is that because he has not got the pace to run behind defences know they play a very high line with very little risk.

This will leave our midfield very little room.

I reckon the wingers like Wallace, Matias, the possible senegalese lad could exploit said space though. We can always sub him for Lucas who looks very quick and lavery ain't no slouch either....well in comparison. 

Wasn't keen on the idea of signing Jones but having seen us on Saturday and the way we set up to play, i can see why we would look to bring him in. Better option than Nuhiu and would leave Jones, Nuhiu and Joao competing for the lone central striker role.

Edited by Chris Akabusi

I think Nuhiu will come good this season. Always thought he has been a handful and adds a different dimension to the team.

Understandably he has his critics as he has squandered opportunities at times. But he did well to get above 10 goals in this division with the limited service he was provided, In my opinion though, he will have a lot more of these opportunities in front of goal this season with this new look midfield and attacking set up, which in turn will provide more goals.

He's got good feet for a big fella and holds the ball up well considering for half the season he had it lumped at his throat at 100mph.

Believe.

He actually got 8. Same as MaGuire and one more than May

With more service from likes of Wallace he will score more this time around

Getting Jones in would be excellent. He is a legend and could finish his career with us. An experienced head leading the front, either from get-go or coming off the bench

Cant see the appeal really, he's too lazy to play in a system where the idea is to recover the ball as quickly as possible starting at the front.  

We've already got two big lads now...would much rather have a someone who can finish our moves off.