Kenwyne Jones

The Portuguese boss could now turn to 30-year-old Jones who has been deemed surplus to requirements by Cardiff City boss Russell Slade.

Meanwhile, on BBC sport news page:

"Kenwyne Jones remains a "big part" of Cardiff City's plans, according to manager Russell Slade."

Now, who to believe...  lol

And yet the "football " people at the club haven't let him go...whereas expert like yourselves have got rid of him...err wait a minute...

I don't and never have claimed to be an expert but while your on the subject how many of the "football people at the club" are left from last season? Did you go to the Notts County game at home in the cup when he failed to hit the target from 6 yard out at least 5 times.

Fortunately I've witnessed the like of Bannister,Varadi and Hirst playing up front for Wednesday so I won't accept mediocrity.Taking a stab in the dark iam guessing you also rated Tudgay

Kenwyne Jones was absolutely fantastic in that loan spell for us but you have to remember that was over 10 years ago now.

Question marks over fitness and attitude means its a no from me.

So if he's at peak fitness and has a great attitude?

Kenwyne Jones was absolutely fantastic in that loan spell for us but you have to remember that was over 10 years ago now.

Question marks over fitness and attitude means its a no from me.

It was a remarkable spell, especially when you consider at the time, he was playing as a centre back with Southampton. Think I saw all of those games he played for us, and at times you could tell he didn't think like a striker, but he had something. He's a different type of player now, he has experience in the role, and uses it well. I do share some of your reservations, but I'd still take a chance on him. Not sure about the cost though.

If we're having difficulties getting a deal struck for a permanent striker then loaning KJ is an acceptable gamble.

Don't think it's really a gamble personally as you know exactly what you're gonna get. An absolute powerhouse up top who will get you 15 goals. Add to that another dimension when things aren't going our way i.e. Hoof it in the box at the end if we aren't winning he'll most likely win it

Don't think it's really a gamble personally as you know exactly what you're gonna get. An absolute powerhouse up top who will get you 15 goals. Add to that another dimension when things aren't going our way i.e. Hoof it in the box at the end if we aren't winning he'll most likely win it

Really?

He hasn't scored 15 goals in one season in his entire career, why would he start now? 

I think he's capable 15 plus in this League with a good run of game's

Played 40 games last season and scored 12- that's a good run of games and didn't hit 15 goals.

Most goals he's ever scored in a season is 14, again in the Championship and that was 10 years ago. 34 games- again, that's a pretty "good run" of games.

He is still an improvement on owt we have got

Probably, but in all seriousness not by much- I think a lot of people look at him through blue and white tinted specs due to his previous time here. After wages and loan fee, we'd be spending at least £1.5 million on him for just the one season- would rather spend double that and bring in someone 5 years his junior who's just as good on a permanent basis. 

Can't believe that some people are turning their nose up at Kenwyne Jones. Who, realistically, are we going to sign who's better than him?

Crazy isn't it.  Some people seem to think we're world beaters already.  i got negged for suggesting we were a mid-table team yesterday.  Some people are going to be suicidal come christmas.

I've mentioned Kenwyne as an option before and I would personally be happy if we did get him. Granted it will be a costly move but I think he's got as good a chance as any of the options mentioned of getting us 15-20 goals this season and who knows if he does we might not be far away from the top 6?

Some players suit certain clubs and we all know how much Kenwyne likes scoring at Hillsborough whether it be in an home or away shirt.

Played 40 games last season and scored 12- that's a good run of games and didn't hit 15 goals.

Most goals he's ever scored in a season is 14, again in the Championship and that was 10 years ago. 34 games- again, that's a pretty "good run" of games.

Probably, but in all seriousness not by much- I think a lot of people look at him through blue and white tinted specs due to his previous time here. After wages and loan fee, we'd be spending at least £1.5 million on him for just the one season- would rather spend double that and bring in someone 5 years his junior who's just as good on a permanent basis.

How many games did he start last season though? I know that all 6 of his appearances at Bournemouth were from the bench.

And who are we going to bring in just like that who's 5 years younger but just as good? We're in a world where teams are paying multi millions for strikers with mediocre goal tallies.

Didn't KJ get loaned to Bournemouth at the end of last season? I presume Bournemouth payed a decent sum, to have him as back up for their promotion push.

A season long loan might cost a bit.

I'd take KJ back. Especially if we get that Joao kid. He could be a good teacher for him.

KJ still looked mobile and a unit last season at Hillsborough.

He's a mobile unit that could score a few, and that's good.

hes as mobile as a lampost pathetic player these days robbing a living