Kenwyne Jones

In two minds about Jones. 

He was amazing in that loan spell, but that was over ten years ago now. 

Despite some big fees and a few goals - he's really led a bit of a nomadic existence. 

No doubting the talent there, but does he really have the application?

If we could get a full motivated Kenwyne Jones then I'd be all for it, however; the problem with that is the "if" bit. 

Concerned he would end up costing a small fortune with regards to wages. 

In two minds about Jones. 

He was amazing in that loan spell, but that was over ten years ago now. 

Despite some big fees and a few goals - he's really led a bit of a nomadic existence. 

No doubting the talent there, but does he really have the application?

If we could get a full motivated Kenwyne Jones then I'd be all for it, however; the problem with that is the "if" bit. 

Concerned he would end up costing a small fortune with regards to wages. 

That he would, and remember Cardiff charged Bournemouth about £1 million pounds as a loan fee last season for a half-season loan. How much would the loan fee be for a season long loan? That and wages makes it an expensive investment.

I know I keep saying, but I'd rather see that money spent on other areas, Nuhiu's had a good pre-season and I think all our strikers could do well with the midfield that sits behind them. Kenwyne Jones would cost at a minimum £2 million for the season... we could sign a left back for £1 million AND pay very high wages for a Championship defender for the next 3 years for the same amount. Equally we could spend £2 million on another winger and then just be strung with his wages- but have a player on a permanent contract.

Let's strengthen where we're short on numbers (Left back and out wide) and then see if we can't invest in a striker if there's money left over

Guest Distraught!

Is he really any better than Nuhiu?

It's a very good question.

Nuhiu managed about eight league goals last season when the total goals output for the whole team was naff. Nuhiu also scored a goal against the champions of England (a finish that any Premier League striker would have been happy with).

We saw against St Mirren what Nuhiu is capable of with better supply.

It's quite feasible that Nuhiu could bag 15 to 20 this coming season with quality players around him. Jones has never managed more than that in his career.

Guest Distraught!

Well, for a big guy, it always seemed strange that one of his biggest weaknesses should be his heading ability but yesterday he showed glimpses of improvement in that area as well. The quality from wide positions and set pieces is surely going to be higher than what we've had for years so I reckon Big Adthe could surprise a few people - me as well (I was right behind replacing him until yesterday's game, now I think there may be a case for holding fire on that).

Bookies odds are crazy this year they have us at 20-1 to win the league! Forest are 25-1 who I think will be better this season

What makes you think that? Their best player is still going to miss most of the season and freedman didn't significantly improve their fortunes last season . Coupled in with the fact that they can't spend any money and I'd say they gunna be mid table once again.

I don't believe Atdhe Nuhiu is the right man, however he will be more effective this year.

With the use of wingers, no longer will the "striker" or "strikers"  have to work the channels (or if they do, it won't be anywhere near as much as before)

I think Nuhiu will come good this season. Always thought he has been a handful and adds a different dimension to the team.

Understandably he has his critics as he has squandered opportunities at times. But he did well to get above 10 goals in this division with the limited service he was provided, In my opinion though, he will have a lot more of these opportunities in front of goal this season with this new look midfield and attacking set up, which in turn will provide more goals.

He's got good feet for a big fella and holds the ball up well considering for half the season he had it lumped at his throat at 100mph.

Believe.

Guest WESTENDOWL

I think Nuhiu will come good this season. Always thought he has been a handful and adds a different dimension to the team.

Understandably he has his critics as he has squandered opportunities at times. But he did well to get above 10 goals in this division with the limited service he was provided, In my opinion though, he will have a lot more of these opportunities in front of goal this season with this new look midfield and attacking set up, which in turn will provide more goals.

He's got good feet for a big fella and holds the ball up well considering for half the season he had it lumped at his throat at 100mph.

Believe.

Why do people say he`s got good feet for a big un he is a footballer he should have good feet its like saying anyone under 5 ft 6 cant head a ball

Rant over lol