2 signings today

If McGugan was Polish, he wouldnt be anywhere near their team.

this guy is a full international lol jeeeez deffo no pleasing some.

But had a failed career at Wolfsburg (never managed to play for the first team!) and has also failed to establish himself at Kaiserslauten.

Like I said, we knew exactly what we were getting with McGugan...

Not played much in the last few seasons. When are we actually going to sign players we know can cut it in the championship instead of these unknown risks?

Moneyball has shaken a lot of things up. If you have the knowledge, data and scouting network in place great teams can be built in most sports without paying the fees that are dictated by familiarity and media coverage. If I owned a football club I know there would be a temptation to try it.

For what it's worth though I do agree that you need a solid base that knows this level but we have 16 players that finished mid table in this division last season, including a solid and stable keeper, central defence pairing and holding midfielders. That's a really good base to build on by adding players with a few variables against their names

You really can't say that with any conviction without knowing if he can adapt to our league.

So you wouldnt sign Lewandowski then because he's untried in England ?

But had a failed career at Wolfsburg (never managed to play for the first team!) and has also failed to establish himself at Kaiserslauten.

Dont get me wrong, id love McGugan back, but these lads will be proper footballers.

I don't think a failed career at Wolfsburg is something to worry about, one of the biggest and best clubs in Germany recently. If he hadn't failed there then he'd be way out of our league and budget. As for Kaiserslautern he only joined in January.

I don't think a failed career at Wolfsburg is something to worry about, one of the biggest and best clubs in Germany recently. If he hadn't failed there then he'd be way out of our league and budget. As for Kaiserslautern he only joined in January.

And interestingly about Wolfsburg is that they signed him back from Zwolle after his successful season there. They he never actually broke through, they must have had some faith in his abilities to have brought him back.

He's not been at Kaiserslautern for very long according to those stats.

Going on Wikipedia alone he looks like another who has done well at Zwolle but not exactly pulled up any trees since; very similar to Lachmann. Wonder what the connection is?

An agent most probably.

Klich signed for Wolfsburg who finished 2nd in the Bundesliga, so I reckon he must have something about him.

Like Lachman, appears he made a big move following his success at Zwolle and it never really happened for him. Maybe a chance to come here and kick start his career again.

Never played for Wolfsburg though.