2 signings today

Well that is a crap league and it's only 1 season. Lets look at the present, he plays German 2nd tier, and he didn't get games-so no im not excited.

1. If Sheffield Wednesday played in the Eredevisie as they currently are, they'd be lucky to finish above 14th (Out of 18 teams btw)

2. He plays German second division and can't get a game? Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it, but I'm fairly certain that there's another attacking midfielder who played in the second tier of domestic football last season who couldn't get a game at his club... and he's loved by people on here. Why does that automatically mean he isn't any good? By your logic, McGugan is naff.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

So, he was crap anyway? lol

Doubt he would have been an improvement on what we have-now can you stop creaming over 9 assists and a few Polish caps it's embarrassing

1. If Sheffield Wednesday played in the Eredevisie as they currently are, they'd be lucky to finish above 14th (Out of 18 teams btw)

2. He plays German second division and can't get a game? Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it, but I'm fairly certain that there's another attacking midfielder who played in the second tier of domestic football last season who couldn't get a game at his club... and he's loved by people on here. Why does that automatically mean he isn't any good? By your logic, McGugan is naff.

If we play in the championship as we currently are, we'd be lucky to stay up

The difference is, we now KNOW McGugan can do it for us, at this level.

The sort of signings/targets we're now seeing are all gambles, not something I was expecting when DC came in with such lofty goals.

Doubt he would have been an improvement on what we have-now can you stop creaming over 9 assists and a few Polish caps it's embarrassing

I ain't creaming, I'm struggling to believe how you can sit at your computer and say that the Eredevisie is a crap league when all you have to do is look at our current squad and see that we'd almost certainly be the whipping boys of that division.

It's bizarre  lol

Guest Ellis Rimmer

1. I disagree, I think we're better than lots of Dutch sides

2. That is not my logic you nutter lol

These kind of signings are hit and miss.

Could go either way.Bus looked a lot better and more competitive than other forwards.

Melo looks a good player but bus and the right back look no better than what we have.

If we only sign foreign bargains, expect only a few of them to hit the level we need.

Owlsonline.com @Owlsonline

Expecting a signing early next week of a player from Braga. But not sure who yet..  #swfc

Owlsonline.com @Owlsonline

We're also told that Mervan Celik who plays for Turkish club Genclerbirligi has had some  discussions with Wednesday

Knew we'd be signing more Portugese, we are loving them right now lol

Anyone know much about Mervan Celik? Sounds like a Carvalho reccomendation with him having managed in Turkey.

We'd be lucky to get a player from abroad who is better than McGugan.

That may be the case, but is he worth the money Watford are asking? If we could get 3-4 good players from abroad that all improve the team, for the same price as Lewis, wouldn't that be better business?

Klich isnt signing. Terms not agreed or medical not passed. The other guy who I have no details of as far as im told should still be announced today as contracts were signed last night!

If terms weren't agreed he wouldn't have even had a medical.