2 signings today

Not excited about the Polish guy, Poland aren't that good and he's not a regular squad member for them. Didn't play much for Kaiserslauten in the German 2nd tier. I would say the bottom half Bundesliga clubs are Championship standard.

9 assists in the Eredevisie in 30 games for a mid-table team... they scored 47 goals, that means he alone assisted 1/5th of their goal tally for the season. 

You're having a jolly right? Klich would be a fantastic signing

Klich isnt signing. Terms not agreed or medical not passed. The other guy who I have no details of as far as im told should still be announced today as contracts were signed last night!

Which is why I'm absolutely gutted by this, but I knew it was too good to be true! 

Edited by StudentOwl

Klich isnt signing. Terms not agreed or medical not passed. The other guy who I have no details of as far as im told should still be announced today as contracts were signed last night!

Sounds good still, maybe we are playing hard ball.

Cheers Doc 

Guest Ellis Rimmer

9 assists in the Eredevisie in 30 games for a mid-table team... they scored 47 goals, that means he alone assisted 1/5th of their goal tally for the season. 

You're having a jolly right? Klich would be a fantastic signing

Which is why I'm absolutely gutted by this, but I knew it was too good to be true! 

Well that is a crap league and it's only 1 season. Lets look at the present, he plays German 2nd tier, and he didn't get games-so no im not excited.

terms not agreed could be length of contract or wages...if we are talking to him and his agent there could be a long way to go...doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening...especially if it's PA doing the negotiating lol

This^^^ could just be playing the game here. We don't need to pay what ever they ask for. We are in control.........ish. 

I really struggle with the mindset of some fans, a £2million price tag and a career predominately in the English leagues isn't the prerequisite for any 'good' signing this Summer.

There are bargains galore in the European leagues. The same can't be really be said for England. The best young talent get swallowed up by the big teams to wallow in the reserves only to move on in a few years for an inflated fee.

English market is like shopping in Harrods right now and getting BHS quality.

I'm glad we are looking abroad, that is where the bargains are to be found. We aren't producing our own right now so until that changes there isn't young players that are going to be left out and not given a chance anyway. Feck average English championship players, lets go for some promising foreigners who could prove to be gems if we can't get the likes of McGugan (and he seems overpriced). And if we are getting the right age group in then they will be desperate to play in England and hopefully make it to the Premier league, that is an incredibly attractive proposition provided we can persuade them about our ambitions for promotion so should mean we can attract quality improving players.

We seem to be doing it right looking in Europe too. Wouldn't want too many non-europeans as the difficulty with culture, climate, language etc becomes that much worse when settling here. Most european players will know decent English anyway and as long as they are playing in decent enough leagues like Eridivisie then they are worth persuing. Big test for the scouting team already, this really will test their ability.