Price of Boxes announced

Our crowds next season will be dog s##t

I'm not sure DC is too bothered, because as soon as we hit the PL it all changes- and as far as he's concerned we WILL hit the PL. Whether he's right or not remains to be seen.

He wouldn't be the first foreign owner to come in and think it's as simple as a good business plan and fail, but the flip side is many have managed it.

The waitresses are well funny...

Either 15 year old girls who are barely able to string a sentence together or 70 year old stalwarts who seem to think they are owed a job cos they once served Big Jack a pint of Guinness back in 1980.

Amateurish really.

The waitresses are well funny...

Either 15 year old girls who are barely able to string a sentence together or 70 year old stalwarts who seem to think they are owed a job cos they once served Big Jack a pint of Guinness back in 1980.

Amateurish really.

Don't keep mentioning 15 year old girls- not after last night's thread lol

Maybe Mr C already has a number of boxes sold for next season for his own / other companies? He might want to use most of the facilities for his own customers / clients / family?

Either way, it's a kick in the teeth to previous box holders with the price hike.

Maybe Mr C already has a number of boxes sold for next season for his own / other companies? He might want to use most of the facilities for his own customers / clients / family?

Either way, it's a kick in the teeth to previous box holders with the price hike.

Yes mate it is a kick in the teeth.

Can't really understand the outcry about the prices of the executive boxes for next season.

Judging from the comments criticising the second phase price of season tickets I very much doubt

that many Owlstalk posters were considering taking a box next season anyway.

Of course this is Owlstalk isn't it ?  Never miss an opportunity to find something else to complain about

even though it doesn't affect the vast majority of ordinary fans.

Guest Ash76

^^ That.. Have prices even been released? There's no link in the OP and these increases are of new to a current box holder.

What's up with letting them get on with it? I'm happy with the price for my seat, yes phase 2 has gone up, on the day prices haven't been released yet and now a panic over this. I just think they're confident the product will be better and of course with other work underway the experience will also be improved

I think this says that Mr C has confidence that the SWFC experience will be much better this coming season. To date, I have no reason to doubt that he will walk the walk. Let's be honest he hasn't done a lot of needless blabbing just said what he's going to do and then set about doing it. When was the last time you saw that at S6? We've had so much smoke and mirrors for the last 20(?) years that we don't even know which way is up.

As was said by others on here, the risks will have been calculated and there will be a plan. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see if that plan works. Everyone was moaning about the old way that things were done (re match day income, experience), so now it's being changed (and if it isn't being changed but the prices are just being hiked then understandably there will be trouble). I hope that it's successful. The one thing that I am liking is that it appears Mr C is going to start running us as a Prem Team. I accept that we aren't that yet but let's begin as we mean to continue. If the plan comes together and we are promoted, then I expect us to have a better than average chance of surviving in the top flight. 

Maskedowl makes a valued point, most on here have compared last years product with this years price.

DC may well be a lot more demanding than Milan in terms of product and service and that to ground and the on pitch experience which may be driven by free advertising in terms of player acquisitions and the sales may be stable based on advanced single bookings topping up reduced season leases.

One thing is fact the grumbling that has gone regarding service and quality has not had our corporate customers beaming satisfied smiles post match.  

I have been a guest a few times and whilst it isn't a bad experience, equally it hardly has a wow factor either. I know the firm i get invited by also does Donny races and its no where near as good at S6

So it will need a huge change in standards and "experience" ie a bit more than Hirsty and John Pearson saying a few words to justify those prices

I think racing and other sports that take most of the day have an advantage over football.

Corporate hospitality at football is by its nature a rushed and therefore poor quality business.

Ie most people get to the ground no earlier than 90 mins before the game and want to leave within 90 minutes of the final whistle.

So on a Saturday it normally goes like this

13:30 beer

14:00 food

1sr half

Beer

2nd half

Beer

Leave

That has been the format at every ground I have been too on a corporate ticket.

Yes the executive area and boxes need modernising at s6 but given the above timescales what more can be done to make a meaningful difference.

Corporate boxes are a weird one, would I like to experience them? Yes.

Would I like to use them every game? Absolutely not.

Even if I was in a position to easily afford one, which I'm not, I'd much rather have a few pints in the pub, a roast pork sandwich before sitting with the masses than being in some sterile environment drinking carling black label and eating a prawn cocktail with a load of gimps.

It all seems a bit weird to me, like the poster above mentioned - you're only there for a few hours, therefore what's the point.

Corporate boxes are a weird one, would I like to experience them? Yes.

Would I like to use them every game? Absolutely not.

Even if I was in a position to easily afford one, which I'm not, I'd much rather have a few pints in the pub, a roast pork sandwich before sitting with the masses than being in some sterile environment drinking carling black label and eating a prawn cocktail with a load of gimps.

It all seems a bit weird to me, like the poster above mentioned - you're only there for a few hours, therefore what's the point.

what if they had connect 4 girls though Orlando  :happy:

I think racing and other sports that take most of the day have an advantage over football.

Corporate hospitality at football is by its nature a rushed and therefore poor quality business.

Ie most people get to the ground no earlier than 90 mins before the game and want to leave within 90 minutes of the final whistle.

So on a Saturday it normally goes like this

13:30 beer

14:00 food

1sr half

Beer

2nd half

Beer

Leave

That has been the format at every ground I have been too on a corporate ticket.

Yes the executive area and boxes need modernising at s6 but given the above timescales what more can be done to make a meaningful difference.

Go to Man City and find out.

Amazing experience.

Crikey. What will it cost when we are in the premier league?

That's something that we can only look forward to at the moment.  Lets give the man a chance.

Ask yourself this: Would you sooner be a Chelsea supporter, or a Sheff Utd one? (add any other lower league team)