Price of Boxes announced

Seems very steep, 10 second phase season tickets in the north would cost £6,000. So your basically paying £34,000 for some nosh & a padded seat for 10 people.

never mind the seats, if anyone is willing to pay those prices, the whole room should be padded

I thought the season ticket prices were a Milan decision - that we needed to get money in quick.

But with the boxes that must have gone through Chinsari - and I just don't understand the thought process. You'd like to think they'd studied the market and who we're aiming them at

Guest Ellis Rimmer

I thought the season ticket prices were a Milan decision - that we needed to get money in quick.

But with the boxes that must have gone through Chinsari - and I just don't understand the thought process. You'd like to think they'd studied the market and who we're aiming them at

Opposed to your view that you'd like to think it, I just assume it, based on him having a very successful business background

It'll go through the firm anyway, tax dodge

This is a very common myth.  Myth means untrue.  Even when it was partly true, it still didn't mean you wrote the entire money off.  People who aren't in business seem to think business owners can get things for free by "writing them off for tax". They can't. They never could, and  now  HMRC are extremely vigilant in enforcing the stricter rules.

I know someone who has a box and was very close to not renewing LAST season, never mind this!   His share was £2,400 I think.  I advised him to get a ST, join the Foundation so he can still eat in the ground, and for 25% of the savings I'll let him use the spare seat in my car.

Guest mkowl

Be interesting if the chap i know who works for a company that has had a box in the past, though not last season, but was contemplating for the forthcoming season will now bother.

Daft thing is they can struggle to fill for a Tuesday night game that isn't a local derby - they then fall back on a few freeloaders like me to fill it

IMO  this has shades of what  happened up the road going the 'bates route' is a high risk strategy 

Possibly - they do need to advertise the long term though - like commit now and if we do get the prem you are guaranteed a discount package.

Like others have said, it's not the short term 100 odd grand he needs, it's setting the tone long term, which will pay off if he plays his part and invests.

Possibly - they do need to advertise the long term though - like commit now and if we do get the prem you are guaranteed a discount package.

Like others have said, it's not the short term 100 odd grand he needs, it's setting the tone long term, which will pay off if he plays his part and invests.

Absolutely spot on!