Price of Boxes announced

All i am saying is it's the 21st century would it hurt to see some correspondence from the club, not saying anyone's lying just that they posted it on owlstalk so theirs a chance they are lol

But there have been some who have posted that I have no reason to doubt. They are long term posters here and have not engaged in deceitful or rubbish posting in the past.

The issue isn't what's happening it's whether we like it. I don't avoid the obvious by saying blah blah to it. I just don't want to be in a position where I and many others who've supported Wednesday through thin and thinner are priced out in favour of people who couldn't really give a to55. Football was affordable in the 70s, 80s and 90s too but the Premier League changed things for the worse and I fear how much our prices are going to rise.

Wednesday are a great traditional football club formed all those years ago to play sport not make money. I love the fact that the core support is Sheffield through and through. There are some from outside the city but most of those I guess will have links to the city via family and friends. I don't want a crowd full of tourists diluting what this club means - money or no money. I'm not a customer, if I was I'd have taken my business elsewhere years ago, I'm a Wednesdayite and a Sheffielder and they are the people I like watching my football with. I know that is likely to change especially if DC takes our club the way he wants to. It's his business but the traditions are ours and he probably doesn't give a fig about them. We'll see.

you did use blah, blah, blah, (twice)...

the club you speak of was once an amatuer side, but then things started to change...

you state wednesday are a great traditional football club, traditional?, yes, we haven't won a serious division for nearly 100 years now...

football has changed, and for the worse, but you and i, and those who think like us don't have the power to alter that...

football IS a business, wednesday tried to buck that trend for a number of years and near went under, for a few with a supporter or supporters wealthy enough to buy their club, great they can chuck their fortune at it, it's their choice...

but this guy hasn't come to do that, he's going to raise some of the capital needed to fund the push from gate receipts, and rightly so, the dividing line where, and how much?

you are a customer, we all are (like it or not)...

i've followed wednesday since the late 60's, i'm not from sheffield, never have been, non of my family were wednesday supporters before me, does that mean i shouldn't be watching wednesday? 

i think you're totally correct about him not giving a throw about out tradition, hard nosed businessmen don't in general...

this is an investment opportunity for him, and would be bought and sold by milan as such, and touted to milan by lee as just that...

we, will attend when we want, and can afford to do so, that's our involvement, we can boo, cheer, or sit quietly, that's the limit of our input...

i spoke to a colleague who posts on here at the time of the sale breaking, he said, "he didn't really want us up in the premier with all that it brought, he was happy if we could effectively challenge, and maybe one day make it up there after building a side, not openly buying one"...

i was somewhat shocked, this guy had said what i felt...

i wanted, still do, us to be better next term than this one was, maybe make the play-off's...

and improve season on season...

giving me a good season for every decade of shyte i've suffered...

then, us getting up into this promised land where bone idle (average ability) mega stars might put a shift in if were lucky for the millions they're paid (we've been there before)...

you did use blah, blah, blah, (twice)...

the club you speak of was once an amatuer side, but then things started to change...

you state wednesday are a great traditional football club, traditional?, yes, we haven't won a serious division for nearly 100 years now...

football has changed, and for the worse, but you and i, and those who think like us don't have the power to alter that...

football IS a business, wednesday tried to buck that trend for a number of years and near went under, for a few with a supporter or supporters wealthy enough to buy their club, great they can chuck their fortune at it, it's their choice...

but this guy hasn't come to do that, he's going to raise some of the capital needed to fund the push from gate receipts, and rightly so, the dividing line where, and how much?

you are a customer, we all are (like it or not)...

i've followed wednesday since the late 60's, i'm not from sheffield, never have been, non of my family were wednesday supporters before me, does that mean i shouldn't be watching wednesday? 

i think you're totally correct about him not giving a throw about out tradition, hard nosed businessmen don't in general...

this is an investment opportunity for him, and would be bought and sold by milan as such, and touted to milan by lee as just that...

we, will attend when we want, and can afford to do so, that's our involvement, we can boo, cheer, or sit quietly, that's the limit of our input...

i spoke to a colleague who posts on here at the time of the sale breaking, he said, "he didn't really want us up in the premier with all that it brought, he was happy if we could effectively challenge, and maybe one day make it up there after building a side, not openly buying one"...

i was somewhat shocked, this guy had said what i felt...

i wanted, still do, us to be better next term than this one was, maybe make the play-off's...

and improve season on season...

giving me a good season for every decade of shyte i've suffered...

then, us getting up into this promised land where bone idle (average ability) mega stars might put a shift in if were lucky for the millions they're paid (we've been there before)...

Thanks for the lecture pal. I am not a customer - whether you want to call me that or not. There has been a spell under Allen when I didn't go but that was a protest rather than apathy.

I am aware of the fact I used blah but I wasn't ducking an issue by it.  Like I said I'm aware what's happening but I don't have to like it. In fact I don't like it.  I'll go while I can afford it - many have already been left behind - and then I'll see the glory hunters wallow in the situation that people like us allowed to happen because we supported Wednesday in the dark times on the 70s and the 21st Century.

Well done you for picking a poo poo team   as opposed to Man Utd/Liverpool etc - genuinely well done - but I do want Wednesday to be primarily a Sheffield team supported by Sheffielders otherwise we may as well move to a franchise system.

Maybe in whacking the prices up and only offering them to the current holders they're basically saying they don't want box holders.

Prawn sandwich brigade out.

Our prices have gone up to cover the effect of this peaceful revolution.

Thanks for the lecture pal. I am not a customer - whether you want to call me that or not. There has been a spell under Allen when I didn't go but that was a protest rather than apathy.

I am aware of the fact I used blah but I wasn't ducking an issue by it.  Like I said I'm aware what's happening but I don't have to like it. In fact I don't like it.  I'll go while I can afford it - many have already been left behind - and then I'll see the glory hunters wallow in the situation that people like us allowed to happen because we supported Wednesday in the dark times on the 70s and the 21st Century.

Well done you for picking a poo poo team   as opposed to Man Utd/Liverpool etc - genuinely well done - but I do want Wednesday to be primarily a Sheffield team supported by Sheffielders otherwise we may as well move to a franchise system.

i wasn't a lecture, they were facts...

we'll either have to agree, or disagree on the majority of our post, however...

i've never heard anything as daft as the part i've underlined...

where would your borders/boundary's line up  in relation to people being allowed to support wednesday?

who is a sheffielder?

is it a big S in your post code, or something far more insular?

Maybe in whacking the prices up and only offering them to the current holders they're basically saying they don't want box holders.

Prawn sandwich brigade out.

Our prices have gone up to cover the effect of this peaceful revolution.

personally i think in the case of boxes it's to see how many of the better one's can be offloaded at a better price, before the remaining one's will see a price drop...

where would your borders/boundary's line up  in relation to people being allowed to support wednesday?

who is a sheffielder?

It's not a final solution style Aryan test I'm after. Anyone can support us but I happen to like the traditional pattern of supporting your local club. To me where a football club is based matters - and it's not just about the location of a ground it's about the people. It helps to give a club character and why I wouldn't swap us for Chelsea in a million years.That's why it was a scandal when Milton Keynes took over Wimbledon's place.  I don't think people are lesser fans becasue they're not from Sheffield - in fact they're to be admired for travelling so far to follow poo poo for so long but having a majority of fans being Sheffielders is what makes us Sheffield Wednesday. Sorry if you think that's daft but hey insult away.

Edited by rickygoo

who is a sheffielder?

And in my day lectures were full of facts. They're not mutually exclusive-  quite the oposite in fact.

Never really saw the appeal of a box. Yeah you get a bar and a meal, but you could just as easily have a slap up meal and a few pints in the pub beforehand, and for much cheaper. The only other benefit I see is being able to close the door on a frenzy Tuesday night! The only people I can see them being good for is business men who want to use them to entertain business associates

It's not a final solution style Aryan test I'm after. Anyone can support us but I happen to like the traditional pattern of supporting your local club. To me where a football club is based matters - and it's not just about the location of a ground it's about the people. It helps to give a club character and why I wouldn't swap us for Chelsea in a million years.That's why it was a scandal when Milton Keynes took over Wimbledon's place.  I don't think people are lesser fans becasue they're not from Sheffield - in fact they're to be admired for travelling so far to follow poo poo for so long but having a majority of fans being Sheffielders is what makes us Sheffield Wednesday. Sorry if you think that's daft but hey insult away.

i haven't insulted you...

but it's been difficult not to, you've given me so much help...

your argument has been so insular...

have you any idea how many wednesday fans DON'T live in sheffield?

there's a significant number...

the club belongs to the owner, and he will welcome anyone who wants to go and can afford it, and you'll find your kop ticket will be more next season, so the club might just be wanting more travelling fans...

i haven't insulted you...

but it's been difficult not to, you've given me so much help...

your argument has been so insular...

have you any idea how many wednesday fans DON'T live in sheffield?

there's a significant number...

the club belongs to the owner, and he will welcome anyone who wants to go and can afford it, and you'll find your kop ticket will be more next season, so the club might just be wanting more travelling fans...

"i've never heard anything as daft as the part i've underlined..." is pretty insulting.

It's not insular to want to maintain the character of the club. I'm not saying you can't support Wednesday if you don't come from Sheffield. I'm saying I want the club to retain Sheffielders as the core/majority support - that Sheffield Wednesday remains SHEFFIELD Wednesday. Otherwise we're a franchise club.  He owns the shares and technically he can do what he wants - move to MIlton Keynes so they can get another leg up perhaps - but that doesn't mean I have to approve just because he happens to have had the bucks to buy Mandaric out. 

I know prices will going up and probably up and up and up - and that I regard as a bad thing.

And I know there's a significant number of fans who come from outside Sheffield and that's fine but go to Hillsborough on a Saturday and the overwhelming accent is a Sheffield one. At Watford on the last day of the seaon the overwhelming accent was a Sheffield one. I like that - we're talking about a football club based in a particular community as it has been for almost 150 years. I like that sense of tradition and continuity when it comes to my football club and don't see why it's such a bad thing. I don't hate foreigners, I abhor UKIP but we're talking football which is something completely different.

And I know there's a significant number of fans who come from outside Sheffield and that's fine but go to Hillsborough on a Saturday and the overwhelming accent is a Sheffield one. At Watford on the last day of the seaon the overwhelming accent was a Sheffield one. I like that - we're talking about a football club based in a particular community as it has been for almost 150 years. I like that sense of tradition and continuity when it comes to my football club and don't see why it's such a bad thing. I don't hate foreigners, I abhor UKIP but we're talking football which is something completely different.