Price of Boxes announced

So Lloyd, would you say the problem is not headline price but value for money?

I absolutely agree that the corporate proposition at Hillsborough is light years behind any comparable club (tbh I did private box at Rochdale in the promotion season and it shat all over S6) - but if you turned up on the first weekend in August to find an overhauled corporate suite, with food and drink comparable to high-end gastropub and retooled boxes with useful facilities (media/connectivity/trained staff), would you still baulk at the price?

"If you build it, they will come" is where we need to be here - we need statements of intent across the board. But we need to remember to build it. Otherwise it's just going to see the exodus of the final few loyal partners.

Exactly what I'm trying to say - this is what we should be doing, but actually executing on the proof of intent :)

In all honesty, at the prices quoted, it's probably both. First and foremost the businesses need to be making very healthy profits to spend £40k on an exec box. When you look at the demographic of the box holders currently, it's small(ish) independent local businesses that have SWFC fans as owners. It's already been alluded to, but I'd be amazed if many box holders actually use it for entertaining clients, as there's very little appetite for it. There's a number of boxes where they're made up of individuals buying a seat each, but again at circa £4k per seat, it's a very expensive hobby.

Your point on service/offering obviously helps to make it more appealing and offsets part of that. Ultimately, it will always be an expensive way to watch football, but allowances are made if the offering is deemed worthwhile. I think the corporate world will be similar to your average fan, who considers the price increase to be a significant 'buy in' to the Chansiri era - it'd be much easier to swallow having just signed Rhodes & Wickham for example.

There's such a long way to go in terms of service matching the price paid, that it's a big leap of faith required for people to anticipate such a large improvement overnight. The staff serving are very young, with no real customer service experience. They're often covering multiple boxes and that has a detrimental impact on the service that can be provided. Often menu choices run out, waitresses leave at half time and I can only see it getting worse if people begin to eat in their boxes, as it will live or die by how attentive the hosting skills are.

Given the number of boxes that remained empty thoughout the previous season(s) and the number of living social etc deals required to attempt to fill them, I can't help but feel that the equilibrium has been miscalculated here.

We had 10 page thread about signing Abderazzah Hamdallah, a 5 page thread on signing Roger Johnson both seemed certs to coming according to the rumours.

But surprise surprise both a load of bolloxs

There is only DC who knows the bigger picture, nothing is being released anyone saying that they know something are just bullhitting.

Just have be patient, until its on the official site don't trust anyone,  even the local press aren't being briefed.

DC might be prepared to lose money in the short term but once he has shown his hand, he will be banking that the customers will be, 

willing to return, once they see quality signings and fundamental progress in the league.

Rome was not built in a day.

DC is no mug.

Guest Deleted member

Personally I will be amazed if these prices aren't significantly reduced in the next couple of weeks

Personally I will be amazed if these prices aren't significantly reduced in the next couple of weeks

I was thinking the same. Ramping the price up can give the illusion of getting a bargain at the "usual rate". Is this what we are seeing?

A tad DFS IMO.

I was thinking the same. Ramping the price up can give the illusion of getting a bargain at the "usual rate". Is this what we are seeing?

A tad DFS IMO.

Dangerous tactic- it's ok when you're next client doesn't know the last from Adam, but when you're drinking in the same bar every other week people are going to talk- 'you paid £5k less than me? I'm gonna have a word...'

Dangerous tactic- it's ok when you're next client doesn't know the last from Adam, but when you're drinking in the same bar every other week people are going to talk- 'you paid £5k less than me? I'm gonna have a word...'[/quote

Agree. Suppose they could sell them all at a discounted rate though. After all has anybody ever paid list price for a DFS settee?

Guest mkowl

I have been a guest a few times and whilst it isn't a bad experience, equally it hardly has a wow factor either. I know the firm i get invited by also does Donny races and its no where near as good at S6

So it will need a huge change in standards and "experience" ie a bit more than Hirsty and John Pearson saying a few words to justify those prices

Agree. Suppose they could sell them all at a discounted rate though. After all has anybody ever paid list price for a DFS settee?

No, but if I found out you'd bought the same one as me for £100 less I'd be having a whinge lol Edited by RUMBELOWS91

I have been a guest a few times and whilst it isn't a bad experience, equally it hardly has a wow factor either. I know the firm i get invited by also does Donny races and its no where near as good at S6

So it will need a huge change in standards and "experience" ie a bit more than Hirsty and John Pearson saying a few words to justify those prices

The 'experience' needs to be Premier League- it really is as simple as that.

You can dress it up how you like-better grub, bigger tv's, wifi, Etc etc but it's still Sheffield Wednesday V Rotherham featuring Matt Derbyshire rather than Man City starring Aguero.

I think that's the strategy here- from the pitch, to the scoreboard, to the 'committee'...and to the pricing- everything is being built on a Premier League model- now, hopefully, we start to build on the pitch too.