Price of Boxes announced

£150 a head is what fiscers baslow hall is, including drinks..... 

Having experienced SWFC catering in the "exec" area.... Its hardly a £15 a head meal never mind £150. 

Infact I'd say weatherspoons do better food than wednesdays catering. 

A few years ago, I was served chicken which hadn't even been cooked!

Complained quietly, and they replaced it.

But still......

but you're a football fan, you speak from your football fans heart...

he's a businessman, he speaks from his businessman's head...

AND THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE...

i imagine ALL of us would have to win on the lottery to accrue enough wealth to be very comfortable for the rest of our lives...

he doesn't have to, his, and his family's business management have brought him that...

and that's why it all stinks. He's here to make money or massage his ego. I go because I'm a Sheffielder who loves Wednesday and my city of birth. That's why I've shelled out to watch poo poo. I know it's modern football blah blah blah and I know I don't have to go blah blah blah. Pricing long term fans out - which looks like the inevitable process over the coming years - is a kick in the teeth for the fans who have made the club what it is. Sentimental yes but I didn't turn out to watch poo like Peter Feeley and John Beswetherick because I am a hard headed realist.

I don't think Mr Chansiri gives a fat rats arse whether locals can afford a box or think its value for money. He's looking at the PL and setting things up now. He wants big business in and sponsorship, a nice big 60m2 TV to advertise on. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if next up will be those electronic advertising boards around the pitch.

When the club was run into the ground by the local boys club we quite rightly pissed and moaned about it. Well we've now got a serious global business machine and...

and that's why it all stinks. He's here to make money or massage his ego. I go because I'm a Sheffielder who loves Wednesday and my city of birth. That's why I've shelled out to watch poo poo. I know it's modern football blah blah blah and I know I don't have to go blah blah blah. Pricing long term fans out - which looks like the inevitable process over the coming years - is a kick in the teeth for the fans who have made the club what it is. Sentimental yes but I didn't turn out to watch poo like Peter Feeley and John Beswetherick because I am a hard headed realist.

but that IS what's happened to football in general...

the working class game of the 60's is no longer visible in the premier league...

in the upper reaches of the championship we've seen brentford stick their noses in, and afcb go up (nouvel riche)...

blackpoo before them...

we are/were maybe one of the sides still being run in the manner of an old fashioned football club...

but at appears that is drawing to a close...

you're likely correct, he IS here to make money or massage his ego, what's wrong with him wanting to make money?

what's wrong with him massaging his ego?

so should only a sheffielder own sheffield club's?

should only sheffield residing people attend their games?

you avoid the obvious by stating blah, blah, blah, to everything that doesn't suit...

my guess is pretty soon we'll all be dealing with realism, pay and go, or don't and stay at home...

the truth for many may well be somewhere in between...

Nail on the head ,Wednesday in premier or 3rd division ,We turn up because we are Wednesdayites .

Nail on the head ,Wednesday in premier or 3rd division ,We turn up because we are Wednesdayites .

wednesday failed to survive financially in the premier when they were in there...

a good many want premier football, THIS is the price we will have to pay for it...

it brings to mind the saying "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"

i was talking to a man citeh fan 2 season's ago, he said "it cost him around £80 a home game to go"...

i believe he lives out penistone way, so there's travelling involved, but never the less, £80 a home game two seasons ago... WTF:

wednesday failed to survive financially in the premier when they were in there...

a good many want premier football, THIS is the price we will have to pay for it...

it brings to mind the saying "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"

i was talking to a man citeh fan 2 season's ago, he said "it cost him around £80 a home game to go"...

i believe he lives out penistone way, so there's travelling involved, but never the less, £80 a home game two seasons ago... WTF:

You can get a season ticket at Man City for £299.

The corporate facilities are better and cheaper.

You say this is what you pay in The PL but Wednesday are currently more expensive than Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa etc.

In fact the only clubs more expensive are in London and those massively over subscribed like Liverpool and Man Utd.

That simply isn't true.

I posted an article a few years ago that showed that the budget a Wednesday manager was given was nearly always in the top half of PL clubs.

When we got relegated we had the 7th highest budget in the PL.

Only Newcastle and Leeds (maybe now QPR - not sure) have been relegated with a comparatively bigger budget than Wednesday.

We came down at the wrong time after a disastrously bad spending. Our debts were £17m - probably similar to most other PL clubs at the time.

Other relegated clubs didn't have our wage bill though!

I work with 2 lads season ticket holders at Man city and it cost nothing like £80 .They pay less for a season ticket than we do at Hillsborough.

Guest Deleted member

All of the points about building for the premier league would make sense if it weren't significantly cheaper to have a box/season ticket at the majority of premier league clubs.

We will see if reductions are made. If they are, as I suspect they will be, it will be a pointer that the pricing is wrong

All of the points about building for the premier league would make sense if it weren't significantly cheaper to have a box/season ticket at the majority of premier league clubs.

We will see if reductions are made. If they are, as I suspect they will be, it will be a pointer that the pricing is wrong

i imagine they see the boxes as a way of creating revenue, by sale/lease to any new support we might be getting due more to our new owners, and their business, rather than the fact that it's sheffield wednesday fc...

however, there seems to be no doubt we expect season tickets, and on the day gate prices to rise significantly also...

it is the price the club and it's owners have deemed to be the price the club's supporters will have to pay...

if the on field performances are lacking then they'll be dissatisfaction, if the on field performances prove fruitful, then they'll be grumbling (as there is now) but overall acceptance... 

Guest mkowl

Interesting that the old line about it being a working class sport, reading an article the other day that less than 20% of the population now consider themselves to be "working class". Hence clubs probably sensible to go for the other 80% of the population

Interesting that the old line about it being a working class sport, reading an article the other day that less than 20% of the population now consider themselves to be "working class". Hence clubs probably sensible to go for the other 80% of the population

While ever i get up at 4-30 am and get home at 14-50 ,I for one will forever be working class.

It's a big increase considering our home form last season.

But folks have to realise Mr C is a businessman not a Wednesdayite, chasing premier league football does cost money.

IMO it's a brave move still, if we fail to land any credible signing before the start of the season then Mr C will gain a few doubter's before a ball get's kicked.

but how many of the 'non working class' can actually jack their job in and live off their means...

or send their children to a public school that they finance...

i remember many years ago a friend of my wife saying "a woman she worked with said "my husband works in a bank, yours only works at the pit", to which the reply was "yes he earns £20.000 per year as an engineer, whilst yours gets £8,000 a year as a bank clerk""...

Edited by dnhc

for them prices they had better be reincarnating Elvis!

never rated him as a Centre Half.

These prices are not just about brining us into line with others, they are smashing past those and I find it highly unlikely that the club is unaware of price comparisons which leads me to think they are purposefully set at those prices for a reason. Either to massage FFP figures or Mr Chansiri believes whatever the price people will pay it.