Price of Boxes announced

Sheffield is a unique market.

The type of firms that traditionally invest in entertaining clients are:-

Banks, lawyers, accountants, Invoice Finance lenders, insolvency Practitioners etc.

The banks are reluctant at the moment when it comes to Corporate entertainment and probably won't be interested until we are PL.

Sheffield is unique, with very few of the national firms of accountants, solicitors and Insolvency Practitioners having a significant presence (unlike Leeds). Instead the market is made up of large independents that will never have the same budget for marketing as the national firms.

The Invoive Finance Lenders have their main offices in Manchester, Leeds, birmingham and London. Metro Bank did have a Sheffield Office but that has been downsized.

Therefore you are predominantly left with independent professional firms and local businesses that have done well for themselves but are basically wealthy fans.

Until we are PL this is a leap too far for Sheffield in my opinion.

This is a very common myth.  Myth means untrue.  Even when it was partly true, it still didn't mean you wrote the entire money off.  People who aren't in business seem to think business owners can get things for free by "writing them off for tax". They can't. They never could, and  now  HMRC are extremely vigilant in enforcing the stricter rules.

I know someone who has a box and was very close to not renewing LAST season, never mind this!   His share was £2,400 I think.  I advised him to get a ST, join the Foundation so he can still eat in the ground, and for 25% of the savings I'll let him use the spare seat in my car.

Other ways for the rich to get richer e.g.http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/26/landlords-14bn-tax-breaks-buy-to-let-expansion-mortgage-interest

Got a feeling these price rises are gonna backfire massively on Mr Chansiri.

Not just boxes but ST/matchday prices an'all.

Too much too soon IMO.

I agree. Has anyone seen any adverts anywhere for us? Apart from on the os? You'd have thought we would be pushing everywhere but I haven't seen anything.

Guest Strap

Who cares. It's not like any of us are buying one. Season ticket prices have gone up, so I'm kinda glad these have gone up too. Every 0-0 next season if Gray is still here, will be like getting slapped across the face by a 200lb Tuna.

Lets just wait and see as people like Mr Chansiri don't become successful businessmen by making too many bad decisions. Our club is long overdue a complete overhaul. Lets wait and see

Tend to agree with this.

For too long we've just coasted along with regards to off the pitch activities. Let's just see where this goes over the next 6 months.

Guest Deleted member

No, not at all.

To clarify my previous point, I was not suggesting that Chansiri deliberately buys the entire allocation of boxes.

I think that it is entirely feasible that the boxes can be put on general sale and ,if there was just for the sake of argument three or four unsold....

There were a lot more than three or four boxes remained unsold last season at £24k

Guest Deleted member

This coming seasons prices will have been set by MM and Paul Aldridge....

No they haven't. They didn't go on sale until 4 weeks into the close season as they were waiting for the prices to be set

Guest Deleted member

The 3 course meal in the boxes is to be scrapped in favour of buffet style apparantly

Partly true

I understand there will be an option to buffet in one suite, and have waitress service in the other

£150 for a buffet. Not a chance.

Well actually yes

Guest Deleted member

Sheffield is a unique market.

The type of firms that traditionally invest in entertaining clients are:-

Banks, lawyers, accountants, Invoice Finance lenders, insolvency Practitioners etc.

The banks are reluctant at the moment when it comes to Corporate entertainment and probably won't be interested until we are PL.

Sheffield is unique, with very few of the national firms of accountants, solicitors and Insolvency Practitioners having a significant presence (unlike Leeds). Instead the market is made up of large independents that will never have the same budget for marketing as the national firms.

The Invoive Finance Lenders have their main offices in Manchester, Leeds, birmingham and London. Metro Bank did have a Sheffield Office but that has been downsized.

Therefore you are predominantly left with independent professional firms and local businesses that have done well for themselves but are basically wealthy fans.

Until we are PL this is a leap too far for Sheffield in my opinion.

Exactly